God is Imaginary - The Jesus Scams

God is Imaginary - The Jesus Scams

Posted in the Welch Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Atheist

Southfield, MI

#1 Dec 27, 2008
Many believers will try to rationalize Jesus' absence by pointing to his famous statement in the Bible, "Happy are those who have not seen yet still believe."

If you think about this statement, what you realize is that it creates the perfect cover for a scam. Let's say you are Jesus, you are a normal human being, you realize that you are going to die and you want to cover for this fact. Here is what you would say: "Happy are those who have not seen yet still believe." What you are saying is, "I exist, and the way I am going to show you that I exist is by not showing that I exist." For every other object in the universe, the way that we know it exists is because the object provides evidence of its existence. If there is no evidence for an object's existence, we call it imaginary (e.g. Leprechauns). But with Jesus, the lack of evidence is turned into evidence. Quite clever, but obviously a scam.

You simply need to look at the evidence and accept what it is telling you. If the resurrection were true, then Jesus would be answering prayers as he promises in the Bible. He would also appear when people pray to see him. The fact is, as we saw here and here, there is definitive evidence that prayer accomplishes nothing. It is also obvious that Jesus is not appearing on earth today.

While we are on the topic of the resurrection, have you ever thought about how odd the whole crucifixion story is? Imagine the all-powerful, all-knowing creator of the universe sitting on his magnificent throne in heaven. He looks down onto earth and says to himself:

Those evil humans down on earth. I hate what they are doing. All this sin...

Since I am all-knowing I know exactly what the humans are doing and I understand exactly why they commit each sin. Since I created the humans in my own image and personally programmed human nature into their brains, I am the direct author of all of this sin. The instant I created them I knew exactly what would happen with every single human being right down to the nanosecond level for all eternity. If I didn't like how it was going to turn out, I could have simply changed them when I created them. And since I am perfect, I know exactly what I am doing. But ignore all that. I hate all these people doing exactly what I perfectly designed them to do and knew they would do from the moment I created them...

So here's what I am going to do. I will artificially inseminate a virgin. She will give birth to an incarnated version of me. The humans will eventually crucify and kill the incarnated me. That will, finally, make me happy. Yes, sending mself down and having the humans crucify me -- that will satisfy me. I feel much better now.

It makes no sense, does it? Why would an all-knowing being need to have humans kill himself (Jesus is God, after all) to make himself happy? Especially since it is a perfect God who set the whole thing in motion exactly the way he wanted it? The story of the crucifixion is absurd from top to bottom if you actually stop to think about it. By combining the crucifixion story with the resurrection story, you can see the truth -- "God" is a mythological creature just like every other human god. The entire religious domain is make believe.
Could care less

Orlando, FL

#2 Dec 28, 2008
Thank's for spamming the board you low class fcuking moron!
Atheist

Southfield, MI

#3 Jan 1, 2009
To be sure, the doctrine of a personal God interfering with the natural events could never be refuted, in the real sense, by science, for this doctrine can always take refuge in those domains in which scientific knowledge has not yet been able to set foot. But I am persuaded that such behavior on the part of the representatives of religion would not only be unworthy but also fatal. For a doctrine which is able to maintain itself not in clear light but only in the dark, will of necessity lose its effect on mankind, with incalculable harm to human progress.

“Mellow”

Level 1

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 4, 2009
He also used trickery like a modern day magician.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 4, 2009
Could care less wrote:
Thank's for spamming the board you low class fcuking moron!
Let's compare your post beside Atheist's and determine who the "low class" poster is....hmmmmm, now don't work your brain to hard thinking about that one....that's right, try a little harder......BINGO you got it..... You Are!!!!
Atheist

Southfield, MI

#6 Jan 8, 2009
We must bear in mind that the majority of men are imperfectly educated, and hence we must not needlessly offend the religious ideas of our age. It is enough for us ourselves to know that, though there is a Supreme Power, there is no Supreme Being. There is an invisible principle, but not a personal God, to whom it would be not so much blasphemy as absurdity to impute the form, the sentiments, the passions of man. All revelation is, necessarily, a mere fiction. That which men call chance is only the effect of an unknown cause. Even of chances there is a law. There is no such thing as Providence, for Nature proceeds under irresistible laws, and in this respect the universe is only a vast automatic engine. The vital force which pervades the world is what the illiterate call God. The modifications through which all things are running take place in an irresistible way, and hence it may be said that the progress of the world is, under Destiny, like a seed, it can evolve only in a predetermined mode.
Atheist

Blacksburg, VA

#7 Nov 8, 2009
I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. Frank Lloyd Wright
Atheist

Blacksburg, VA

#8 Dec 27, 2009
On the first day, man created God.
Stinger

Lerona, WV

#9 Dec 28, 2009
I have seen God used when necessary, I have heard people that say they do not believe cry out to God when nothing else will help, I have seen God's name used to put money in people's pockets, I have heard some of the most stupid people confessing that they are people of God and they are totally useless. I have my own relationship with God and so far he has done right by me and I have to say I don't go to church and I don't pay some sharp dressed man to relay God's word to me, I am truly sorry that you do not believe and I hope things turn out alright for you. I would rather be hated for who I am then to be loved for who you think I am.
Atheist

Blacksburg, VA

#10 Dec 28, 2009
Stinger wrote:
I have seen God used when necessary, I have heard people that say they do not believe cry out to God when nothing else will help, I have seen God's name used to put money in people's pockets, I have heard some of the most stupid people confessing that they are people of God and they are totally useless. I have my own relationship with God and so far he has done right by me and I have to say I don't go to church and I don't pay some sharp dressed man to relay God's word to me, I am truly sorry that you do not believe and I hope things turn out alright for you. I would rather be hated for who I am then to be loved for who you think I am.
I like your style.
You make no sense

United States

#11 Dec 29, 2009
Athiest, you are on here using quotes that ohter people have written. People that you have never met. Why base something you believe on what others has said? You are calling christians hyprocrits, and you are right most are. People can not make the best decision all the time, or even some of the time. But you make fun of us christians because we read and believe something you say men wrote. That its all wrong and a bunch of lies. So why are you believeing on things that other men has wrote? Why not be original and come up with something of your own instead of using words from other people? That just makes you look like an uneducated atheist. You know more about the bible than you do about why you are an atheist!
The Atheist

Bluefield, VA

#12 Dec 29, 2009
You make no sense wrote:
Athiest, you are on here using quotes that ohter people have written. People that you have never met. Why base something you believe on what others has said?
The Bible was written by others, so the same could be said for you.
1 post removed
You still make no sense

United States

#14 Dec 29, 2009
Thats what you say to Christians. You say that we believe in the word of the Bible that was written by man, who you say is imperfect. So in your own words, you believe in the things that other people write when they can lie just like you feel people lied in the Bible. That makes no sense. You are making your fight using other people's quotes, when you say that men are misleading and will lie to you. Does that not make sense? You are the one making fun of Christians, when you are doing the same thing you are you say Christians are doing! I trust only God, I trust no man. Man will let you die and God will give you eternal life! How do you know that the people that write the quotes are not misleading people like you? I hope you know what you are doing, because you are putting your life in the hands of people. God Bless
Atheist

Somerville, VA

#15 Dec 30, 2009
You still make no sense wrote:
Thats what you say to Christians. You say that we believe in the word of the Bible that was written by man, who you say is imperfect. So in your own words, you believe in the things that other people write when they can lie just like you feel people lied in the Bible. That makes no sense. You are making your fight using other people's quotes, when you say that men are misleading and will lie to you. Does that not make sense? You are the one making fun of Christians, when you are doing the same thing you are you say Christians are doing! I trust only God, I trust no man. Man will let you die and God will give you eternal life! How do you know that the people that write the quotes are not misleading people like you? I hope you know what you are doing, because you are putting your life in the hands of people. God Bless
Actually, it is you that makes no sense. Where did I say that. Do you realize you contradicted yourself twice in two different posts. Why even bother responding when you can't form a solid intellectual argument. So, you believe that god wrote the bible? Not men? I am simply saying that adults should not have imaginary friends. When you read the bible and especially if you take it literally you are stupifying yourself beyond all rational thought. I believe in EVIDENCE which none can be found for the existence of a deity, so you create your mythology. You know even in the bible it explains who wrote the bible. But, just like most christian mythologists you have obviously never read it. If you would read some of the other posts I have posted a TON of my own work. Even from my website. Its the god is imaginary threads I post quotes from famous atheists like Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Einstein and Dawkins. If you would read a little you would notice that, before you go on your contradictory attacks. You makes no sense, and you make yourself look more ignorant than you probably are. Research is key. Try it.
Still not making sense

Cowpens, SC

#16 Dec 30, 2009
Yea men wrote the bible, but it is through God's authority that the Bible was written. I choose to not do research on atheism, since I do not believe in it. But you choose to read the bible and still can't see what is in front of you. Just like you taking quotes and using them as your refrence. You are taking people words for face value. And you said so yourself that people are not perfect and lie. So those people are not probaly not being truthful to you. If you believe there is not God, then why do atheist spend so much time in the bible trying to dsiprove it? You probaly don't remember writing that men will lie to you and thats what happened in the bible. Probaly because you just copied it and pasted it in one of your post. At least be original and remember what you are writing about. I am not trying to preach and not trying to piss you off. I just don't see how you believe everything else written by men when you don't believe the bible. All you are doing is redirecting the questions you can't answer. You call people stupid and say everyone else that does not believe like you is wrong. Don't you think that there is a chance that you are wrong also? Just answer questions you are asked from your own experience or your own words instead of using others words. Do you think that other atheist can lie to the world by using quotes and taking others words to heart. Thats what I am wanting to know.

Level 1

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#17 Dec 30, 2009
Still not making sense wrote:
Yea men wrote the bible, but it is through God's authority that the Bible was written. I choose to not do research on atheism, since I do not believe in it. But you choose to read the bible and still can't see what is in front of you. Just like you taking quotes and using them as your refrence. You are taking people words for face value. And you said so yourself that people are not perfect and lie. So those people are not probaly not being truthful to you. If you believe there is not God, then why do atheist spend so much time in the bible trying to dsiprove it? You probaly don't remember writing that men will lie to you and thats what happened in the bible. Probaly because you just copied it and pasted it in one of your post. At least be original and remember what you are writing about. I am not trying to preach and not trying to piss you off. I just don't see how you believe everything else written by men when you don't believe the bible. All you are doing is redirecting the questions you can't answer. You call people stupid and say everyone else that does not believe like you is wrong. Don't you think that there is a chance that you are wrong also? Just answer questions you are asked from your own experience or your own words instead of using others words. Do you think that other atheist can lie to the world by using quotes and taking others words to heart. Thats what I am wanting to know.
Next thing we know you'll say is that your god impregnated your mother and because you think that you're so divine that you believe you have the right and the authority equal to your god to judge our sins and be the judge of whether or not we go to Hell.
your all the same

United States

#18 Dec 30, 2009
That the same type of answers i always get. You all just redirect the questions. You never have anything logical to say. If you athiest you don't believe in hell, so why assume I want to send you there. Thats totally wrong. I do not, nor do I want the right to judge you. I don't judge you. You have the right to believe what you want. I just want to understand why you believe in other peoples words that man has wrote and not the bible, in which man wrote? And to think that I think like that just shows that you only know a little bit about Christianity and you knew people that were Christians that were not true Christians. You need to understand others before passing judgement. I just want to know what you truly believe and why. But I guess you can't answer that. So go ahead and redirect the questions again. God Bless!

Level 1

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#19 Dec 30, 2009
your all the same wrote:
That the same type of answers i always get. You all just redirect the questions. You never have anything logical to say. If you athiest you don't believe in hell, so why assume I want to send you there. Thats totally wrong. I do not, nor do I want the right to judge you. I don't judge you. You have the right to believe what you want. I just want to understand why you believe in other peoples words that man has wrote and not the bible, in which man wrote? And to think that I think like that just shows that you only know a little bit about Christianity and you knew people that were Christians that were not true Christians. You need to understand others before passing judgement. I just want to know what you truly believe and why. But I guess you can't answer that. So go ahead and redirect the questions again. God Bless!
I believe in reality,I believe in the sense of reality.
I don't talk to air,pray to the ceiling,pray to the floor and embrace invisibility with love.
I like the ideal that the human brain can create a realm that only you can enter in and play around in.
Where your fantasies consist of gods,devils,angels and demons,where your adventures of far off lands can be anything you want it to be,engaging in battles of good vs. evil for world domination.
The problem is some people can't escape the realms of D&D,Clash of the Titans saga and Lord of the Rings saga and be with the real world.
I like all of that stuff too,its good to have an imagination but don't let your imagination take over you.
thats beter

Oakvale, WV

#20 Dec 31, 2009
Thats all that i wanted to know. See that wasn't so bad. I do not judge you what so ever. You have that right to believe what you want. So when you are talking about another realm, your talking about the after life, right? Your saying you can create what you after life will be like. If thats so, then why can't the human brain do that now? If you see yourself as a form of higher being, why not change the world now? One more quesion. Do you feel it is ok for others to believe in God? If so, why spend so much time trying to change peoples minds? And I am asking that as sincerley as I can. Not trying to be a smart ass.

Level 1

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#21 Dec 31, 2009
thats beter wrote:
Thats all that i wanted to know. See that wasn't so bad. I do not judge you what so ever. You have that right to believe what you want. So when you are talking about another realm, your talking about the after life, right? Your saying you can create what you after life will be like. If thats so, then why can't the human brain do that now? If you see yourself as a form of higher being, why not change the world now? One more quesion. Do you feel it is ok for others to believe in God? If so, why spend so much time trying to change peoples minds? And I am asking that as sincerley as I can. Not trying to be a smart ass.
Let me start by saying that after New Year's,people on topix,you'll be relieved for most of the time from me.
I want to work and finish up on my book and if I pop back in it will be rarely that I do because I want to concentrate on working and finishing up my book by the end of the first quarter of 2010/

I have no problem with people having religious beliefs and I also have no problem with people having different religious beliefs no matter how strange and silly it is.
The problem I have is when people pass judgment on others,using scare tactics as to say you're going to burn in hell or split hell wide open etc. etc. that kind of stuff just because they choose not to fall in line and bow to God.
When people come on here passing judgments,using scare tactic of hell and eternal damnation and judgment day I resent it because when you do stuff like that you our out of line and misplaced according to your beliefs.
When you do things like that you are not being a light for God you are trying to impersonate him having no right nor the authority to do so and furthermore I never claimed to be a form of a higher being with a quest to change the world but I know a pastor on tv who thinks more about politics,what we unbelievers are doing and whats going on in the Middle East more than he does what he is suppose to do behind the pulpit which is preach the gospel and quit preaching about what Obama is doing and not doing and worrying about what the president of Iran is going to do.
Far as I'm concerned and I know I'm right about this is that if you believe in God and you serve him then if you judge and/or condemn me or anyone else you may be condemning your own self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 23 min Sundog512 44,038
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr Ques 4,464
Federal investigation unit set up to investigat... 10 hr Sundog512 156
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 10 hr Brashy Shy-Shy 5,195
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 22 hr Princess Hey 7,671
Word assocation (Sep '07) 22 hr Princess Hey 18,297
Remembering old friends from Shabbyrun (Feb '08) Wed Shabbyrun neighbor 8,071

Welch Jobs

Personal Finance

Welch Mortgages