Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Hobert I also think that your career at the newspaper has taken off. You are going to make a big $500.00 a month picking up bundles of papers and loading them onto a truck while your co-workers hold their nose while you pass and laugh. If you do not know anything about economy or business then you should keep watching Dora The Explorer.

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Mr_h wrote:
There are things in the county from school activities to area fairs and festivals to the many jobs you see and hear about to even just enjoy the nature of the area.... If one thing is needed it is housing in McDowell County, for teachers, those who work at the Federal Prison, service jobs like Walmart and convenient stores.... Only reason the county lost so much population is because they fail to build back ASAP after the floods or even fires that has left many homeless at times...
You know everyone that was flooded in 2000 and 2002 floods were told that they can not rebuild because their land is considered a flood zone. Although that big park in Welch is built in a flood zone.

Level 2

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Kim from Havaco wrote:
<quoted text>
All Walmart did was replace Kmart and there are less shops and stores in the area than were there even in the 90s. Using old Stevens Clinic building for a Federal Prison isn't enough to turn the economy around down there.
Yes I have to correct myself Stevens Clinic is the Correctional there but needless to say it is still a prison.
Welch Mayor

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

okay wrote:
Hobert I also think that your career at the newspaper has taken off. You are going to make a big $500.00 a month picking up bundles of papers and loading them onto a truck while your co-workers hold their nose while you pass and laugh. If you do not know anything about economy or business then you should keep watching Dora The Explorer.
Mr_h is a bright young man. He'll be Mayor of Welch someday.
okay

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Look...Mcdowell County will never prosper, Ever! The coal mines, Goodson's, Magic Mart, Wal-Mart, The dollar General and a few gas stations and fast food restaurants is the only jobs there. Are you seriously telling me that it will get better. Kids that are growing up there today are doomed to rot there and take to drugs like so many others have and that is a shame. It is sad that when someones children has been taking from social services they get them back knowing that they are drug addicts or abusive. It is also sad that people "hang out" in the streets of Welch. I feel sorry for the police officers that have to look at the pure disgust everyday and know that they can't arrest the majority of the people they see. I feel sorry for the teachers that look upon the children they teach and lose hope in the most of the kids they look at because their parents have taught them to be rude and nasty. It is terrible to think that the area is a third world country and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Anyone that thinks they have a good life there and would argue any different needs to stay in the slums in which they reside. I hate to see the place I grew up turn into a nightmare.
Cheap Labor

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

okay wrote:
Look...Mcdowell County will never prosper, Ever! The coal mines, Goodson's, Magic Mart, Wal-Mart, The dollar General and a few gas stations and fast food restaurants is the only jobs there. Are you seriously telling me that it will get better. Kids that are growing up there today are doomed to rot there and take to drugs like so many others have and that is a shame. It is sad that when someones children has been taking from social services they get them back knowing that they are drug addicts or abusive. It is also sad that people "hang out" in the streets of Welch. I feel sorry for the police officers that have to look at the pure disgust everyday and know that they can't arrest the majority of the people they see. I feel sorry for the teachers that look upon the children they teach and lose hope in the most of the kids they look at because their parents have taught them to be rude and nasty. It is terrible to think that the area is a third world country and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Anyone that thinks they have a good life there and would argue any different needs to stay in the slums in which they reside. I hate to see the place I grew up turn into a nightmare.
You should watch the news. Our entire Country is in bad shape.
Low Income

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

On date above. I still haven't seen where a waterline was put in place to the new real estate.

The grass on the property is starting to grow. Looks nice!
Listen up

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

If you would stop the politicians from Welch County comission etc from taking land that was supposed to be given to someone trying to start a business there they maybe the county of Mcdowell could start to prosper. Pay attention to where your funds go you would be surprised.
last hope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

A wise man once said that this country will begin to fall apart when its citizens begin to think they deserve everything for doing nothing and that is exactly what has happened to this county. "Reconnect McDowell" is coming here and handing things out without even studying what our problems truly are and we as McDowell Countians act like we are tickled to death because we are getting some attention. I understand that Joe Manchin and his wife are using this county for a future political platform and if they could help us than so be it but to just come here build a few houses ( that will be destroyed in a couple years) is not helping anything. They speak about educating our kids with high speed internet and my question is for what ??????? they still have nothing here when they graduate. Where is the promotion of business within the county we so desperately need? Don't come to this county and act like you care without truly trying to find out what its like to live here.
last hope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

poverty, drug abuse, lack of education, and single parent homes are not problems......they are the symptoms of problems
Reconnect McDowell County

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

last hope wrote:
A wise man once said that this country will begin to fall apart when its citizens begin to think they deserve everything for doing nothing and that is exactly what has happened to this county. "Reconnect McDowell" is coming here and handing things out without even studying what our problems truly are and we as McDowell Countians act like we are tickled to death because we are getting some attention. I understand that Joe Manchin and his wife are using this county for a future political platform and if they could help us than so be it but to just come here build a few houses ( that will be destroyed in a couple years) is not helping anything. They speak about educating our kids with high speed internet and my question is for what ??????? they still have nothing here when they graduate. Where is the promotion of business within the county we so desperately need? Don't come to this county and act like you care without truly trying to find out what its like to live here.
Well Said!

You must know. A large percent of the citizens don't want change.
The County Is still liv'in In the 1960's,70's.

And,More and more people from other states are moving into the County so they can get on all the State Funded Program's.

Put McDowell County back to work!

Level 2

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

last hope wrote:
You are totally right that county needs a lot more than just business to be honest. I needs things to do also like anything active to do besides going to the few bars. When people ask me what we did growing up or when I lived there. I tell them nothing really, but get drunk or high when we was not going walking in the mountains. Which don't get me wrong walking up in the mountains is wonderful getting to see all the natural beauty of the county, but a person gets bored of all of that after a while. Yes the have that rink-y dink fair come to Gary with 5 or 6 lame rides. That last what a week. There use to be an amusement park in Conney Island for crying out loud what happened to that place? That would have been nice to walk down the road to go somewhere like that and business would benefit from something in that nature. Like hotels and restaurants and of course gas stations and such. You know McDowell county could be just as big now as it was in the early 1900's if enough people really cared. What a shame that only a hand full really do.
Very Good Thoughts

Northfork, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Kim from Havaco wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally right that county needs a lot more than just business to be honest. I needs things to do also like anything active to do besides going to the few bars. When people ask me what we did growing up or when I lived there. I tell them nothing really, but get drunk or high when we was not going walking in the mountains. Which don't get me wrong walking up in the mountains is wonderful getting to see all the natural beauty of the county, but a person gets bored of all of that after a while. Yes the have that rink-y dink fair come to Gary with 5 or 6 lame rides. That last what a week. There use to be an amusement park in Conney Island for crying out loud what happened to that place? That would have been nice to walk down the road to go somewhere like that and business would benefit from something in that nature. Like hotels and restaurants and of course gas stations and such. You know McDowell county could be just as big now as it was in the early 1900's if enough people really cared. What a shame that only a hand full really do.
A very good post,and interesting.Just wished the local Politicians down there would get their heads out of their azzes and get some of these ideas. Seems like no one cares anymore. Its a crying shame, What Welch once was,and what it should have been now.But the Politicians didnt give a damn. Thats why its where its at now. The residents voting the same old crooks back in office year after year.
Coal Dust

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

On date above. No one has moved into the real estate.

Who wants to move into McDowell County?

Someone will strip the houses of all wireing.
Just wait and see.
Driver Has No Cash

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Who will buy/move into the real estate?

Or will it sit there and run-down/be set on fire?
Real Estate 101

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

They look really nice. But, As of date above. They are still empty.

Who's gonna move in/buy them?
Houses

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

As of date above, Know one has moved into the Real Estate.
Reconnecting

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

The Real Estate is still empty.
Limmuel

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Realestate in Welch. HaHaHaHaHaHasHaHa!
Lakesha

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Limmuel wrote:
Realestate in Welch. HaHaHaHaHaHasHaHa!
Yeah it is infested because of this dirtbag named Earl, good thing that shiathead left.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Welch Forum right now

Search the Welch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 14 min Well Duh 53,490
what is the usefulness of topix 14 min -badboy- 8,278
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 3 hr COOTERDOG 21,772
david lee and savana roberts 4 hr Only in RoderField 2
Welch Courthouse 5 hr R U Kidding 5
Favorite songs (Feb '13) 7 hr anon welcher 862
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 14 hr purplelady1040 11,185
•••
•••
•••
•••

Welch Jobs

•••