Trailer Trash

Bluefield, WV

#44 Sep 15, 2012
Who would want to move into McDowell County?

Nothing is here!
SomeWhere In Welch

Princeton, WV

#45 Sep 18, 2012

I see that the real estate now has power.

How long will it be before someone steals the wire out of them?

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Itasca, IL

#46 Sep 20, 2012
Earl wrote:
<quoted text> I have been to Havaco. I for one can understand your comment.
Yeah Havaco doesn't look any different than the rest of the county. All of the bums and scum have ruined it.
Coal Dust

Princeton, WV

#47 Sep 20, 2012

They has the ribbon cutting on date above.
I was there, Taking pictures.

WVVA T.V. News was there also taking video. Watching the 11:pm news they said the real estate will be for teacher's that live out of McDowell wanting to re-locate into the County.

Why would they want too re-locate into McDowell County? Nothing here anymore!

Level 2

Itasca, IL

#48 Sep 21, 2012
Trailer Trash wrote:
Who would want to move into McDowell County?
Nothing is here!
Sure isn't much there your statement is fact my friend and to think we thought there was nothing there back in the late 80s early 90s. Boy were we wrong because there was a small amount more than that is left there today.

“HobertC The1Great AwesomeOne ”

Level 9

Since: Apr 08

Welch WV

#49 Sep 21, 2012
There are things in the county from school activities to area fairs and festivals to the many jobs you see and hear about to even just enjoy the nature of the area.... If one thing is needed it is housing in McDowell County, for teachers, those who work at the Federal Prison, service jobs like Walmart and convenient stores.... Only reason the county lost so much population is because they fail to build back ASAP after the floods or even fires that has left many homeless at times...

Level 2

Chicago, IL

#50 Sep 21, 2012
Mr_h wrote:
There are things in the county from school activities to area fairs and festivals to the many jobs you see and hear about to even just enjoy the nature of the area.... If one thing is needed it is housing in McDowell County, for teachers, those who work at the Federal Prison, service jobs like Walmart and convenient stores.... Only reason the county lost so much population is because they fail to build back ASAP after the floods or even fires that has left many homeless at times...
All Walmart did was replace Kmart and there are less shops and stores in the area than were there even in the 90s. Using old Stevens Clinic building for a Federal Prison isn't enough to turn the economy around down there.

Level 9

Welch WV

#51 Sep 21, 2012
Kim from Havaco wrote:
<quoted text>
All Walmart did was replace Kmart and there are less shops and stores in the area than were there even in the 90s. Using old Stevens Clinic building for a Federal Prison isn't enough to turn the economy around down there.
Going have to disagree.... If the County Commission and and state of WV etc would have had got the money and built before the county could had kept it population near the same...
Sure Walmart replaced Kmart... But with more jobs...
FCI McDowell isn't Steven Corrections or the old Stevens Clinic.... The Federal prison is located up Browns Creek on Indian Ridge... and county line... that 300 different jobs that people from probably as far as Beckley or so travels back and forth....

There are many things in the county... If the land owners and County will invest in could prosper the county.... A big part of the County is tourism with the Hatfield McCoy Trail.... Reunions and Fairs and Festivals are a big part as well of the county.... Now if the county have some nice hotels that would be a much added need for the county....

Level 2

Chicago, IL

#52 Sep 21, 2012
Mr_h wrote:
I don't know if you know, understood or remember but Martha Moore built that 3 million dollar park bench on some concert after the flood in the big city of Welch. I still am laughing about that one because I bet my right arm that joke of a park didn't cost 3 million dollars, it would be lucky to have had 10 thousand spent on it.

Level 2

Chicago, IL

#53 Sep 21, 2012
Mr_h wrote:
<quoted text>
Going have to disagree.... If the County Commission and and state of WV etc would have had got the money and built before the county could had kept it population near the same...
Sure Walmart replaced Kmart... But with more jobs...
FCI McDowell isn't Steven Corrections or the old Stevens Clinic.... The Federal prison is located up Browns Creek on Indian Ridge... and county line... that 300 different jobs that people from probably as far as Beckley or so travels back and forth....
There are many things in the county... If the land owners and County will invest in could prosper the county.... A big part of the County is tourism with the Hatfield McCoy Trail.... Reunions and Fairs and Festivals are a big part as well of the county.... Now if the county have some nice hotels that would be a much added need for the county....
How many of the people building the prisons were from McDowell County? How many people who work in these places are from McDowell County? Not many managers who work at the Kimball Walmart are from McDowell County. So explain this to me if there are so many jobs in McDowell County why do you continue to deliver news papers 3 days out of the week? If McDowell County is doing so well why does it look like you have entered into a 3 world country every time you go there? Like I have said over and over things need to change there fast before all population leaves completely for good.

Level 9

Welch WV

#54 Sep 21, 2012
Kim from Havaco wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of the people building the prisons were from McDowell County? How many people who work in these places are from McDowell County? Not many managers who work at the Kimball Walmart are from McDowell County. So explain this to me if there are so many jobs in McDowell County why do you continue to deliver news papers 3 days out of the week? If McDowell County is doing so well why does it look like you have entered into a 3 world country every time you go there? Like I have said over and over things need to change there fast before all population leaves completely for good.
Many of the workers who came and build the FCI, were foriegn.... It was all because money was being spent....
Yeah many of the managers at Walmart isn't from McDowell County... But that Walmart for you.... It impossible for the population to leave completely and highly doubtful.... but I do agree more changes need to take place.... Why do i continue my job??? I guess because I'm loyal.... I don't only deliver papers, I work at the Welch News as employee that work on clock hours..... I can easily go and apply at Walmart or Goodsons or one of the Dollar Stores or elsewhere....
Housing....
Hotels and restaurants...
one of the 4 lane roads connected to McDowell County either from Beckley or Bluefield.....
As well as extending tourism.....
I going have to disagree it looking like a 3rd World country....
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#55 Sep 21, 2012
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you never worked for a living and spending your older years slummimg on topix ain't helping your cause much either.
You should be so lucky as to slum like me.
My My My

Princeton, WV

#56 Sep 21, 2012
Mr_h wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the workers who came and build the FCI, were foriegn.... It was all because money was being spent....
Yeah many of the managers at Walmart isn't from McDowell County... But that Walmart for you.... It impossible for the population to leave completely and highly doubtful.... but I do agree more changes need to take place.... Why do i continue my job??? I guess because I'm loyal.... I don't only deliver papers, I work at the Welch News as employee that work on clock hours..... I can easily go and apply at Walmart or Goodsons or one of the Dollar Stores or elsewhere....
Housing....
Hotels and restaurants...
one of the 4 lane roads connected to McDowell County either from Beckley or Bluefield.....
As well as extending tourism.....
I going have to disagree it looking like a 3rd World country....
I really believe the older you get, The dumber you get.Listen to the lady, She will learn you something. Shes much smarter than you are. You need to listen,and talk less.You only show people how dumb you really are.
River Front

Princeton, WV

#57 Sep 21, 2012
Kim from Havaco wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you know, understood or remember but Martha Moore built that 3 million dollar park bench on some concert after the flood in the big city of Welch. I still am laughing about that one because I bet my right arm that joke of a park didn't cost 3 million dollars, it would be lucky to have had 10 thousand spent on it.
Many towns or cities have a river front park that I know of for concerts and etc. Huntington, Charleston, and Wheeling. Then you can look elsewhere and see many river front or lake front parks.
River Front

Princeton, WV

#58 Sep 21, 2012
My My My wrote:
<quoted text>I really believe the older you get, The dumber you get.Listen to the lady, She will learn you something. Shes much smarter than you are. You need to listen,and talk less.You only show people how dumb you really are.
Agree and disagree she make some valid points but she don't know the the difference between the Federal Prison and Correctional Center. Then H does bring up some good points about the postives the county have and what can be done. But H does have some learning to do.
My My My

Princeton, WV

#59 Sep 21, 2012
River Front wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree and disagree she make some valid points but she don't know the the difference between the Federal Prison and Correctional Center. Then H does bring up some good points about the postives the county have and what can be done. But H does have some learning to do.
Thank You! I dont think he could handle being the Mayor of Welch.
Trailer Trash

Bluefield, WV

#60 Sep 21, 2012
Kim from Havaco wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure isn't much there your statement is fact my friend and to think we thought there was nothing there back in the late 80s early 90s. Boy were we wrong because there was a small amount more than that is left there today.
Right!

I still live in the County. Because the cost of living here is Cheap. Property Taxes....etc, Real Cheap!

I live really well here. I don't have to live/do without.

But, If I had my life to live over again, I would'nt live it here.

McDowell County never did/will move into this year 2012.
A lot of citizens still think McDowell County will make a comeback.

I wish thoses people the best.

Level 2

Itasca, IL

#61 Sep 21, 2012
River Front wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know the difference between the Fed Prison and the Stevens Clinic I worked at the Drive Inn while they were building the Prison it is up above Edmore Village or however you spell it just above Welch Elementary School. Aren't they both prisons?

Level 2

Itasca, IL

#62 Sep 21, 2012
River Front wrote:
<quoted text>
Many towns or cities have a river front park that I know of for concerts and etc. Huntington, Charleston, and Wheeling. Then you can look elsewhere and see many river front or lake front parks.
I kid you not if you ride down town to Welch and look at that 3 million dollar park it has a whole 2 or 3 benches. With 3 million dollars I would have made some nice roller coaster or something better than a few benches. Yet they keep electing the same jack offs over and over again who do nothing but take federal grant money to blow on themselves and their families. They are clearly not spending it on the county anyone who isn't truly blind can see that.
okay

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#63 Sep 21, 2012
Hobert you are extremely sad. You do not know what you are talking about. You randomly pick strange people to be your friend on Facebook. Your education level is in question and if you would open your eyes you can see that there is nothing in that county. Tell me a time when you went to a "friends" house and did something and when I mean friend I do not mean your family members. I personally would lock my door if I saw you coming toward my house with a newspaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 8 min -Lily- 12,036
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 16 min COOTERDOG 22,469
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 30 min bacon hater 58,938
Three Word Story (Dec '09) 9 hr Crazy Jae 703
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 10 hr Crazy Jae 1,740
Word assocation (Sep '07) 11 hr Crazy Jae 15,556
Holiday Word Assocation (Nov '08) 11 hr Crazy Jae 1,616
Welch Dating
Find my Match

Welch Jobs

Welch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Welch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Welch

Personal Finance