WVVA News Channel 6
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tired of It

Spanishburg, WV

#1 May 24, 2007
Is anyone else tired of always hearing about Beckley news and hardly ever hearing anything about Mercer or McDowell County?????

“It's a new beginning :D”

Since: Feb 07

Big Four, WV

#2 May 24, 2007
I understand what you're saying, but doesn't BDT always give Va news? Seems like enough focus isn't put on Mercer Co. It always seems like that to me.

Since: Apr 07

McDowell

#3 May 24, 2007
Tired of It wrote:
Is anyone else tired of always hearing about Beckley news and hardly ever hearing anything about Mercer or McDowell County?????
Unless it's good news, I'm glad they don't mention McDowell County.
1 post removed

“Mean People Suck”

Level 3

Location hidden

#5 May 24, 2007
Tired of It wrote:
its been that way for the last few years... they even started naming Beckley first in the commercials. yet, didnt the station get its start in Bluefield?
if you want local news watch WDBJ7 or 59News.. either one beats WVVA

“GOD BLESS YOU ALL!”

Since: May 07

Coalwood

#6 May 24, 2007
Always a WV Girl wrote:
I understand what you're saying, but doesn't BDT always give Va news? Seems like enough focus isn't put on Mercer Co. It always seems like that to me.
Yes sure does.. It seems like that to me too..

west virginia

#7 May 24, 2007
59 news online is the best source of news for our area, but I agree with Abe, I rather not hear it if it isnt good news.
Woodrow

Johnson City, TN

#8 May 25, 2007
I get sick of them talking about Virginia Tech in sports. Back in the day, they mentioned WVU only. Just like the BDT....VT only for some reason.

“GOD BLESS YOU ALL!”

Coalwood

#9 May 25, 2007
Woodrow wrote:
I get sick of them talking about Virginia Tech in sports. Back in the day, they mentioned WVU only. Just like the BDT....VT only for some reason.
Yea thats all you hear.. I get sick of hearing about VA. If they wanna tell VA news then they should go to VA and tell the news...

“Go Steelers! ”

Kimball

#10 May 25, 2007
I have noticed with reading BDT online that very little focus is put on McDowell. The channel and the paper are supposed to represent the region and perhaps they depend on the Welch Daily to do that now?

west virginia

#11 May 25, 2007
J-WVUGirl wrote:
I have noticed with reading BDT online that very little focus is put on McDowell. The channel and the paper are supposed to represent the region and perhaps they depend on the Welch Daily to do that now?
Well ifs thats the case then McDowell will never hear any news. The Welch Daily is the woorse newspaper I have ever read.
Ignorant People

Hattiesburg, MS

#12 May 25, 2007
Honest Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it's good news, I'm glad they don't mention McDowell County.
I agree 100%... My family lives away from here and when I watch the "state news" at 530, there is always something bad going on in McDowell, like murders and drugs. I would rather not hear anything at all, unless it is something good for the county. But, you know, the only good thing to happen to McDowell is the ATV trails. I think some many negative things happen in McDowell that is hard for the news to say anything good.
Ignorant People

Hattiesburg, MS

#13 May 25, 2007
Woodrow wrote:
There will be even more focus put on VT because of that massacre. Did you know that the Yanks are going to play an exhibition game there next year? VT will forever remain in the spotlight.

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

United States

#14 May 25, 2007
J-WVUGirl wrote:
You mean I'm not getting fair/balanced/accurate news about McDowell Co.,here on Topix? LOL

“Go Steelers! ”

Kimball

#15 May 25, 2007
CrAzY cHiCk wrote:
<quoted text>Well ifs thats the case then McDowell will never hear any news. The Welch Daily is the woorse newspaper I have ever read.
I have not seen that paper in years, but hell it sucked even in the 80's when I read it.

“GOD BLESS YOU ALL!”

Coalwood

#16 May 25, 2007
speak little_listen much wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean I'm not getting fair/balanced/accurate news about McDowell Co.,here on Topix? LOL
Lol..

Since: Mar 07

United States

#17 May 25, 2007
I had a family member that always said the best thing that ever happened to southern WV was I-77 South.

west virginia

#18 May 25, 2007
redneck wrote:
I had a family member that always said the best thing that ever happened to southern WV was I-77 South.
Dang, and here I thought I was the best thing that ever happened to McDowell.lol

“Russ”

Davy, W.V

#19 May 25, 2007
CrAzY cHiCk wrote:
<quoted text>Well ifs thats the case then McDowell will never hear any news. The Welch Daily is the woorse newspaper I have ever read.
Think about it. Isn't anything as good as the money you have? If the Welch Newspaper could make the money they did in the 80's then it would be better but it isn't.
tired of so wv

Lorton, VA

#20 Sep 28, 2009
Tired of It wrote:
sat morning a mcdowell co deputy ;while on his way home from work ran over and killed a pedestrian why is it not news why is mcdowell co the only one in the state that does NOT HAVE CAMERAS IN THIER CARS HMM?COULD IT BE DUE TO POTENTIAL LOSS OF PROFIT MARGIN OR TO COVER UP ILLEAGLE DEEDS THAT PROFIT :|.
Ole BDT

Morehead City, NC

#21 Sep 28, 2009
tired of so wv wrote:
<quoted text>sat morning a mcdowell co deputy ;while on his way home from work ran over and killed a pedestrian why is it not news why is mcdowell co the only one in the state that does NOT HAVE CAMERAS IN THIER CARS HMM?COULD IT BE DUE TO POTENTIAL LOSS OF PROFIT MARGIN OR TO COVER UP ILLEAGLE DEEDS THAT PROFIT :|.
Contact Sheriff D. Mitchell and members of the county commission and have them explain why the McDowell County SD is so far behind other law enforcement agencies in the field of technology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wicca Is Witchcraft (Mar '11) 3 min Locutus 30,314
News Police: Corrections officer provided drugs to W... 9 hr Fed 56
Question 9 hr Fed 11
Favorite songs (Feb '13) 17 hr Eternal truth 1,038
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 19 hr DiamondsWild 4,091
All this time I thought the long line at the Po... 21 hr Alonzo Pelfrey 1
News Trump OKs more coal mining on public lands 21 hr Alonzo Pelfrey 9

Welch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance