More whites than blacks on welfare.

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#22 Jan 22, 2012
Sundog512 wrote:
More whites than blacks on welfare:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/i...
A larger percentage of the black population is on welfare but a larger share of welfare dollars goes to whites.
Roughly 38 percent of the 224 million white people are on welfare.
Roughly 28 percent of the 62 million black people are on welfare.
Roughly 12% of 50 million hispanics are on welfare.
Do the math.
More white people on welfare than blacks.
That argument just fell flat on them, like most of them do. lol.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe, NM

#23 Jan 22, 2012
38% of 224 million = 85,120,000

28% of 62 million = 17,360 000

12% of 50 million = 6,000,000

The number of white people on welfare is higher than the number of black people on welfare.

The number of white people on welfare is higher than the combined number of minorities on welfare.

By the way, read the comments section of the page REUP linked to. LOL...it is pointed out early on that the person who posted is no math whiz.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#24 Jan 22, 2012
Yeah, if it doesn't agree with their stereotypical views, they don't get where it came from.
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
That argument just fell flat on them, like most of them do. lol.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#25 Jan 22, 2012
Actually, I got the numbers wrong. The population of the US is only 8 million and the break down is roughly as follows...

223 million whites
40 million blacks
50 million hispanics.

Yes, I know those are more than 308 million but I rounded them.

Doesn't change the original premise that there are more whites than blacks on welfare.

“MAY THE HOOKERING BE WITH YOU”

Level 4

Since: Apr 11

AOL

#26 Jan 22, 2012
Sundog512 wrote:
Right, and the facts are there are more whites than blacks on welfare.
Dumbassjackass.
<quoted text>
Racist!

There are more White people in this country. That's all that says.

Separate them in groups with each given a percentage of who is, and who is not, and you'll see a different story.

I am not sure why this thread was even posted. Other than to race-bait.

Level 4

AOL

#27 Jan 22, 2012
With regard to AFDC the figures are:

White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.

Level 4

AOL

#28 Jan 22, 2012
Though we do have to ask ourselves why do MINORITIES (meaning not the majority) of people receive more welfare than the majority.

Meaning a minority amount of people are receiving a greater amount of welfare money than the rest of the US.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#29 Jan 22, 2012
There are 84 million whites on welfare.

There are 11 million blacks on welfare.

There are more whites than blacks on welfare.

What's the title of the thread?

What does the article I linked to say?

Let me help. More whites than blacks on welfare.

Level 4

AOL

#30 Jan 22, 2012
Yes.. there are more whites than blacks in the country too. that is why blacks are minorities.

Posting as much means nothing. It was just race-baiting.

And now you are doing it too.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#31 Jan 22, 2012
How can 17 million people (combined hispanic and black) receive more welfare dollars than 85 million whites?

Seems simple math to me.
Darth HoochVater wrote:
Though we do have to ask ourselves why do MINORITIES (meaning not the majority) of people receive more welfare than the majority.
Meaning a minority amount of people are receiving a greater amount of welfare money than the rest of the US.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#32 Jan 22, 2012
NO, it is just stating a fact. There are more white people on welfare than blacks.

How can factual information be race-baiting?

You're trying to play semantics but you are ignoring the basic argument that was made.

It doesn't say that a larger percentage of the white population is on welfare. It says there are more whites on welfare.

It's not complicated, even if you try to dumb it up, it's still not complicated.
Darth HoochVater wrote:
Yes.. there are more whites than blacks in the country too. that is why blacks are minorities.
Posting as much means nothing. It was just race-baiting.
And now you are doing it too.

Level 4

AOL

#33 Jan 22, 2012
Sundog512 wrote:
How can 17 million people (combined hispanic and black) receive more welfare dollars than 85 million whites?
Seems simple math to me.
<quoted text>
By percentage of people. We went over this.

Level 4

AOL

#34 Jan 22, 2012
I think you are just playing dumb now.

At least I hope you are playing.

Level 4

AOL

#35 Jan 22, 2012
AGAIN..
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#36 Jan 22, 2012
Sundog512 wrote:
NO, it is just stating a fact. There are more white people on welfare than blacks.
How can factual information be race-baiting?
You're trying to play semantics but you are ignoring the basic argument that was made.
It doesn't say that a larger percentage of the white population is on welfare. It says there are more whites on welfare.
It's not complicated, even if you try to dumb it up, it's still not complicated.
<quoted text>
He/she/it reminds me of certain sock keeper that is bored and wants attention I suppose.

The 80 million whites on welfare tends to vote GOP, a couple you beat up all the time is proof you need about those types.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#37 Jan 22, 2012
What does the title of this thread say?

It does not talk about percentage of the population. There are more white people than blacks on welfare. 85 million is greater than 11 million any way you look at it.

I'm not talking about percentages of the population and neither was this thread.
Darth HoochVater wrote:
<quoted text>
By percentage of people. We went over this.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#38 Jan 22, 2012
I am, but sadly you're not playing dumb. You are.
Darth HoochVater wrote:
I think you are just playing dumb now.
At least I hope you are playing.

Level 4

AOL

#39 Jan 22, 2012
Weepy wrote:
The 80 million whites on welfare tends to vote GOP.
What an ignorant statement.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#40 Jan 22, 2012
AGAIN, YOU STUPID FLUCK: I am not talking percentages. I am talking about the number or PEOPLE.

There are 85 million whites on welfare and 11 million blacks. I am not arguing that as a percentage of their respective populations that there is a higher percentage of the black population, I am sying that THERE ARE MORE WHITE PEOPLE ON WELFARE THAN BLACKS.

Is 85 million a higher number than 11 million?

Just answer the question...yes or no.
Darth HoochVater wrote:
AGAIN..
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Santa Fe, NM

#41 Jan 22, 2012
Holy shit, this guy is dumber than anyone I have ever met on Topix. He apparently can't get it through his head that 11 million is a smaller number than 85 million.

Of course he does fit the description of a republican. He's too damn stupid to be anything else.
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
He/she/it reminds me of certain sock keeper that is bored and wants attention I suppose.
The 80 million whites on welfare tends to vote GOP, a couple you beat up all the time is proof you need about those types.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 5 min Loser 731
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 14 min Weepy 30,387
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 13 hr Intrepid Surfer 4,165
Word assocation (Sep '07) 13 hr Intrepid Surfer 16,637
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 17 hr _Zoey_ 1,896
Poll Do you agree with the government decision to ba... 21 hr I KNOW 13
A to Z of Television Shows (May '13) Thu Sling Blade 835
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Welch Mortgages