Tell me - ur opinion please
Posted in the Weirton Forum
Since: Jan 09
#1 Jan 17, 2010
What position do you think I should be working as?
Thanks ahead of time
Safety – Satisfaction - Success
Jan 2010 – Dec 2010 West Virginia Northern Community College
Power Plant Technology (AAS) Weirton, Wv
2006 – 2008 University of Phoenix
Business (AAB) Phoenix, AZ GPA 3.41
1995-2006 U.S. Military Academies
Technical, Leadership (7 schools)
Oct 2007 – Sep 2008 California Cartage Company
Facilities Maintenance Sup / Mgr Georgia Ports Authority
 Managed five facilities and grounds, 59 lift machines($2,280,000) in a maintenance start-up with seven subordinates
 Manage fiscal control of facility and maintenance supplies, and two lift machine part accounts of class IV medium wheeled vehicles
 Develop and maintain new records, files, correspondences, procedures, reports, forms and advises General Manager, assist in cost analysis tracking, and research cost effective methods
 Re-establish relations with suppliers, vendors, and service personnel
 Maintain a state government credentialing clearance(TWIC) and port identification pass
Dec 2006 – Mar 2007 Northrop Grumman (Vinnell Arabia)
Vehicle Maintenance Coordinator / Trainer Saudi Arabia
• Assist Senior officials in maintaining medium-tracked & wheeled combat vehicles
• Implemented coordination / training in four months regardless of shortages in equipment and personnel in a newly created section earning company a 90% grading
• Conducted training for host country nationals of three units of light armored vehicle’s (LAV) organization simultaneously
• Advised senior Saudi Arabian National Guard officers, company superintendent, and managers in vehicle maintenance program
Feb 1984 – Nov 2006 U.S. Army
Maintenance Operations Manager Pre-Libyan / Desert Storm / Kosovo / Iraq (2)
• Maintain a M1A1 Main Battle Tank Company [heavy track & wheel] vehicles in garrison and wartime environment
• Led a 13 soldier maintenance team in combat with no injuries or equipment losses
• Performed as Operations Fleet Manager for nine company maintenance teams totaling over $219,000,000
• Performed as Administrative Manager of 60 personnel consisting of six different company teams
• Managed and supervised the relocation of a heavy vehicle maintenance team to another organization seamlessly without vehicle or personnel downtime saving over $200,000 in repair parts.
• Performed final maintenance inspection (QAQC) on ten companies’ equipment while maintaining a 96% operational rate of numerous types of wheel and track vehicles - diesel (1-12 Cylinder) and gas turbine (AGT 1500HP)
April 1988 – April 1990 Bellofram Corp.
Senior Mold-Set Technician Newell, Wv
• Responsible for approximately 100 heated press maintenance, troubleshooting, set-up, and cleaning
• Performed mold cleaning using sandblaster, utilizing machine shop, and quality control departments
• Adjust machine timer, platen heat, safety micro-switches, and mold fastenings
• Select appropriate cold storage rubber, silicon, synthetic pre-form materials
• Advise, supervise, and train subordinate technicians. Consult press operators for issues or problems in final product outcomes
The University of Phoenix Alumni, National Rifle Association, The Retired Enlisted Association, Non-Commissioned Officer’s Association, The American Legion
To secure a position that will lead to Director / Superintendant / Regional Manager
Gas Turbine & Diesel Engines / Complex Logic Circuits / Leadership Academies (3)
Accommodation / Mechanics / Drivers Badge,/ Letter of Recognition
#2 Jan 17, 2010
#3 Jan 20, 2010
Really Realist? Maybe he doesn't want to retire, maybe he thinks that retiring is for losers. And those sedintary losers will sure likely dies from not getting off their big fat asses and actually doing something. Have you thought of that fact Realist?
So if you don't have anything nice to say, just shut the f**k up about it, because the way I see it, it's his decision to keep doing what he's doing or changing gears all together and leading him self down a path that might or might not be the right one, only he will really know for sure. Know what I mean?? Vern?? Besides the fact, what works good for one person will most likely not work as well for somebody elseOnly he can decide that. You can make suggestions, and maybe offer some funny stories about a perticular event that you fine amusing and think other will too. But for Gods sake leave he boy alone. This just my 2c. worth. NOT SO REAL WAS HERE! What ever you do make sure you're happy doing it. Don't stay in a miserable job that you hat just becuase the "money is goood" BAD,BAD,BAD idea. Just use your head in making decidions and don't make any stnap decisions that'll come back to bite you on the ass!
#4 Jan 20, 2010
Yea , he is right - I am far from being retired and far from being rich, and a sedentary life is not for me therefore I work
#5 Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for your opinion - you give some solid down to earth advice i think.
#6 Jan 21, 2010
LOL! There's a sucker born every minute! What part of OPINION don't you understan dumba$$?
#7 Jan 23, 2010
Pick up the latest edition of "Places Rated Almanac"
Study it and relocate. Get as far away from this one party socialist welfare area. If you are honest and don't have family or close friends in politics, your resume' means nothing. The region and state of West Virginia are in the shape its in because of corruption in government shaking down businesses and more. Look at Mountaineer Gamming And Resort. All loaded with political sell outs who screwed the area citizens and got knee pads from the gambling sleazes.
Take my advice, I was the most qualified once over 20 years ago and wasn't in the Bowman clique and Democratic Machine. They hired a politician's kid instead and had nothing but trouble until he quit.
We have terrible municipal workers because its political favoritism and not qualified hires.
So, make phone calls elesewhere and interview. Go where prosperity is at hand and not at these ghost towns on life support.
After my kid graduates I'm outta here! Let the racketeers have whats left of a once proud area!
#8 Jan 24, 2010
Thanks for the inside info
#9 Jul 1, 2011
Add your comments below
|Create your own Forum (Jun '15)||Jul 12||snakes||4,163|
|rip robin||Jul 6||POE DADDY||1|
|ACLU files lawsuit on behalf of Hancock County ...||Jul 3||Ian||4|
|river rats||Jun '17||lol||1|
|emilio muscedere (Sep '09)||Jun '17||gnomeman||4|
|City faces ACLU suit over cop firing||May '17||Ian||1|
|Former Weirton police officer sues city for firing||May '17||Ian||1|
Find what you want!
Search Weirton Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC