N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case

Feb 16, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KGW-TV Portland

Kristin David disappeared in June 1981 while riding her bicycle from Moscow to Clarkston, and about a week later the dismembered body of the 22-year-old University of Idaho student was found in the Snake River.

Comments
561 - 580 of 679 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
You need to know

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Clark-Val...

Come cover and check out the new facebook page and check it out.

This is going to be a search for Steven in Oct.anyone that wants to help please email us at lcvsk5@gmail.com
Crescentcrow

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

We have a picture of Voss from 2010.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/... #!/pages/Lewis-Clark-Valley-Se rial-Killer/114474928700952
kline

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Oh I see the Lewiston Civic Theater is staging the 'Pirates Of Penzance' again....*shudder*
theelkbugler

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Found this site after watching the documentary. Wow, lot of info on here so bear with me if I re-hash anything. Few questions.

1. Are we certain the girls were at the theater that night? There seems to be some uncertainty about where they were and when.

2. Do we know anything about the POI's childhood relationship with his mother, other female members of family, other previous relationships, etc. Someone posted that they overheard him make derogatory comments about his wife and I am wondering if there is a disdain for women in general.

3. Are we certain Steve did not have access to his girlfriends vehicle, families vehicle, and that no other vehicles were reported missing the day after the disapearance?
theelkbugler

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

continued from post above

4. Are we certain that "Curious" is the step-son and not Voss? A previous poster mentioned that Curious had a great knowledge of the theater and the building of the set of the show at the time. Also Curious mentions checking specific areas of the theater and I remember specifically under the stairs. Curious also talks about Steve working on a mast head for the ship of the show.

Kline said they are doing the show again. I doubt they would still have any of the set pieces from that far back but it might be worth checking into. He may have left a marking, writing, or some other clue in a set piece or in the theater somewhere on purpose. It wouldn't be wise but would make sense for someone who likes attention and wants to prove they are smarter than everyone else.

Just thought! Keep up the good work
philo

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Rope from the civic theater was found with the bodies of the girls. We also know they were doing laundry at the Civic Theatre that night. We know that Steve Pearsall entered the theatre around midnight to finish cleaning, practice his instrument (clarinet?) and maybe work on the set. Lance Voss by his own admission was there all night sleeping but heard nothing.

Lance Voss took care of his mother and was very close to her. When he built the geodesic dome houses out in Clarkston he had her live in one of them.

Curious could be either Lance Voss or Clint Clarneau but he sounds like the step-son.

I don't know about any missing vehicles, but none have been mentioned. Also, Pearsall was a diabetic and left his medication at his home along with a paycheck and things that most people who, even when leaving in a hurry, usually take.
theelkbugler

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Thanks philo!!
kline

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Investigators have pretty much dismissed the possibilty of Pearsall being anything but a victim.
Very probably in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Crescentcrow

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

http://www.facebook.com/darin.anderson.12/fri... #!/pages/Lewis-Clark-Valley-Se rial-Killer/114474928700952
lookie

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Clark-Va... #!/pages/Lewis-Clark-Valley-Se rial-Killer/114474928700952
Lewiston

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

theelkbugler wrote:
continued from post above
4. Are we certain that "Curious" is the step-son and not Voss? A previous poster mentioned that Curious had a great knowledge of the theater and the building of the set of the show at the time. Also Curious mentions checking specific areas of the theater and I remember specifically under the stairs. Curious also talks about Steve working on a mast head for the ship of the show.
Clint Clarneau spent alot of time at the theater helping out and even acted in a few plays in his teen years.
Walton ny

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Why was the search for Pearsall postponed? Is the weather there really so bad?
Walton ny

Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Tantalus wrote:
I did find a complete obituary that will illuminate his potential for having details.
Www.lewistonhs1964.com/memories/teachers/Haye...
This teacher was a very good journalism teacher but he had a penchant for going off topic in class, we, the students would encourage this to get out of our work. He talked of being a crime scene photographer and made mention of a barn, van and motel room. He was a reserve Sheriff and had close contacts with the police force. We had heard he Was on the police force but he was secretive about it. We decided to test our theory and we would make plans in class for fake keg parties. In that, we knew they were fake but he didn't. He'd listen closely and then we would go to the place discussed with soda kegs instead. Sure enough, every time we did this, the police showed up to bust the "party" he had a close relationship with the police. He would have been taken into their confidence. I feel a little bad now about what we did because he really was a great teacher. On another note, one of the actors in Jesus Christ Superstar was a young police officer, not sure of his name. Maybe he had details, he had a foot in the police department and a foot in the civic theatre.
Crescentcrow

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

What was the name of the teacher ?
Walton ny

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Ron Hayes.
tantalus

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

I am curious and don't wish to be off topic- but why is Walton ny have three city changes?
Walton ny

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Sorry, it is Walton New York, and I'm not really very tech savvy, and so I don't know why the different towns are showing up, it just does that after I post. Lol, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Lol
philo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

The reason the location changes is because of where you are ultimately connecting to the internet from. I am in Idaho but I connect using either the Navy network which connects to the internet out of San Diego, or from my work network which connects out of Palo Alto. Sometimes your internet service provider will 'shift' you to another area for load balancing which results in your location change.
here you go

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Crescentcrow

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Walton ny wrote:
Ron Hayes.
Thank you. Any idea who the cop was that was involved in the theater ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Weippe Discussions

Search the Weippe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Morning scare Jul 20 misc other 1
Nice bartender at the Selway bar Jul 13 out of state hunter 1
Cold case from 32-years ago continues with body... Jul 9 Big_Bear 1
Orofino Music Forum (Feb '13) Jul 4 Musikologist 12
Review: Ernies Steakhouse Jun '14 quilcene 1
ID Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Idaho in ... (Oct '10) Dec '13 Keith 4
Multiple arrests result from Orofino drug inves... (Oct '08) Mar '12 A friend who is concerned 56
•••
•••
•••
•••

Weippe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Weippe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••