Weiner school closing?!

Posted in the Weiner Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sophomore mom

Haslet, TX

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Well it sounds like Harrisburg is finally getting their way and shutting the doors on the school. It's all about money and politics anymore instead of what's good for the kids, parents, Businesses in our town etc., soon Weiner will be the new Fisher if something can't be done to stop this!! It's a sad day for everyone
Junior mom

Trumann, AR

#2 Sep 20, 2012
My son called me and told me that they had a meeting and was told that it could possibly close the 7-12 and go to Harrisburg. It really makes me sick as this school has been a really good school and anyone and everyone knows that these two schools are rivels.

Yes, they are not understanding that our town needs this school. I think it is a very sad ordeal and from what I understand we are holding our own, so whey the hell change it? The town will not be the same.
Sophomore mom

Haslet, TX

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Money money money....now we will have to bus/drive/car pool our kids 30 min away for school which will cost us parents MONEY! Ughhh makes me sick!! I hate Harrisburg and ill be damned if my son goes over there! Hopefully most kids will go elsewhere just to keep Harrisburg from profiting from our lose! Of course there will be many kids/family's that will have no choice or be able to afford to send them elsewhere! This hurts ALOT of ppl!
Jerry Jerry Jerry

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Sep 20, 2012
I do not know why you all are complaining.... It's not like anyone from WEINER ever accomplished anything of mentionable significance.

The Weiner & Harrisburg schools are just a machine to keep pumping out blue collar workers.

The fine people of Jonesboro are proven to be much more sophisticated and capable of contributing to society.

Nothing but a Bunch of Drunk, Nascar, Wrastlin watchin idiots live in both Weiner & Harrisburg.

So, you both deserve one another.

Stay out of our schools- you will only drag down the average. Have a RICE Day !!
Cardinal 77

Bexar, AR

#5 Sep 20, 2012
Jerry Jerry Jerry wrote:
I do not know why you all are complaining.... It's not like anyone from WEINER ever accomplished anything of mentionable significance.

The Weiner & Harrisburg schools are just a machine to keep pumping out blue collar workers.

The fine people of Jonesboro are proven to be much more sophisticated and capable of contributing to society.

Nothing but a Bunch of Drunk, Nascar, Wrastlin watchin idiots live in both Weiner & Harrisburg.

So, you both deserve one another.

Stay out of our schools- you will only drag down the average. Have a RICE Day !!
How dare you! If our money is good enough to spend in your town than our Children are good enough to be educated in your school system. Where are you from VV?
Junior mom

Trumann, AR

#6 Sep 20, 2012
@Jerry Jerry Jerry, well your school must not teach your kids to spell. WRASTLIN what the f*** is that? I know you meant wrestling but dam come on and watchin when should be watching. This is not the kids fault so you really should be ashamed!!!

And, next time you want to criticize maybe you should use spell check!!! Dur dur dur!
Slo-Mo Fo-Sho

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Sep 20, 2012
The words that you declare are misspelled, are actually used intentionally ( On Purpose) for emphasis... That's the way Ya'll Tawk anyhow.. Aint it Goober..? Sawry fer confusing ya, Tardo..?:-)
Cardinal 91

Hampton, AR

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Jerry Jerry Jerry and your so educated self. I think you might know how to spell wrestling. Blue Collar workers are the backbone of this country but I'm pretty sure you know nothing about a backbone.
Weiner Supporter

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Sep 20, 2012
I am ashamed to say I share the city of Jonesboro with you, whoever you are. Weiner has some of the finest people that you will meet anywhere and for you to sit behind a screen and verbally asault them during a hurtful time, is pathetic.

Piece of White Trash- that's what you are.
Concerned

Trumann, AR

#10 Sep 20, 2012
I absolutely hate to hear this news however you cannot blame the town of Harrisburg for this. The state is to blame for setting the standards they did. Just like any town there are a few idiots but the majority of Harrisburg either have family and/or friends in Weiner. It dissappoints me to see the bashing of our community over something we neither caused or had control over. Keeping your community in our prayers. Pray that God will allow the school to stay open
just me

Waco, TX

#11 Sep 20, 2012
It is a sad day in Weiner but we all knew this was going to happen as far as the business owners in this town I don't see it effecting them in anyway
The pharmacy, Medical Supply, City Deli, Penny's, John Deere, Johnson's Flying Service, Riceland and Jimmy Sanders will not be hurt.
The Children of Weiner are the ones that will effect most. I can only imagine what they are thinking about right now.
Say a Prayer for these kids tonight because the next few months are going to be hard on them.
cardnal 81

United States

#12 Sep 20, 2012
The kids will suffer the most. Greenway,Sanders,Heartland. and Riceland will be ok for a while,Grocery store and penny's will take a huge hit.Agri business is already struggling to find employees.There is nothing wrong with blue collar workers Mr JERRY JERRY but I can point you to Doctors Lawyers and othe professional people and oyea FARMERS !!! Graduates of Weiner High School. CARDINAL PROUD
Sophomore mom

Blytheville, AR

#13 Sep 20, 2012
Sanders is already wanting to close the Weiner store, they have been ever since they bought it. No school means people are going to move, sell if they can, and move closer to whatever school their kids are in, business will slowly move on along with everyone else
A respectable Hornet

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Sep 25, 2012
This absolutely breaks my heart! Y'all act like Harrisburg is out to get you&that we come from a different species over here. As a student at Harrisburg High I know we will welcome you or your children with open arms. I'm sure there will be many new life long friendships made. There is no reason to act like we wanted this or we made this happen, it was the government. Everyone should look at this as a positive opportunity. Everything happens for a reason and God knows what is best. I hope that if y'all will allow yourselves, you will begin to accept this decision and look at the possibilities not the negativity.
no dog in the fight

Fisher, AR

#15 Sep 26, 2012
A respectable Hornet wrote:
This absolutely breaks my heart! Y'all act like Harrisburg is out to get you&that we come from a different species over here. As a student at Harrisburg High I know we will welcome you or your children with open arms. I'm sure there will be many new life long friendships made. There is no reason to act like we wanted this or we made this happen, it was the government. Everyone should look at this as a positive opportunity. Everything happens for a reason and God knows what is best. I hope that if y'all will allow yourselves, you will begin to accept this decision and look at the possibilities not the negativity.
So, what exactly are the positives? I am not trying to be argumentative, I would really like to know.
A reapectable Hornet

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Sep 27, 2012
They would be in a bigger environment with more people which could prepare them for college&allow them to make more lifelong friendships. The boys would have an opportunity to play football and not have to drive during the middle of the school day. With more students that means Harrisburg could offer more opportunities to the student body, like more clubs and sports. Last but not least with Harrisburg and Wiener together as one, officially, maybe the basketball or golf team could make it to state or even nationals, and that would actually allow the students to make a name for theirselves. The way I see it is Wiener kids are down here on the weekend, we all hang out, so why not all go to the same school. Yes, many people don't like change, BUT sometimes change is a good thing!
idea

Manila, AR

#17 Oct 10, 2012
I have a better idea! HB should send some of their kids to the Weiner School. The ones that live closer to the Waldenburg area. Keep both schools open!

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Oct 25, 2012
Get over it already! Things change, that's a part of life.
never a hornet

United States

#19 Oct 25, 2012
It's a great move, so many advantages. Bigger classes mean less time for teachers to help individual students, but look how much closer the Weiner kids will be to that high quality hillbilly meth! I agree the end is inevitable, but anyone championing this as a good thing is a moron.
Hmmm

Trumann, AR

#20 Oct 25, 2012
Weiner Supporter wrote:
I am ashamed to say I share the city of Jonesboro with you, whoever you are. Weiner has some of the finest people that you will meet anywhere and for you to sit behind a screen and verbally asault them during a hurtful time, is pathetic.
Piece of White Trash- that's what you are.
Truth be known, Jerry Jerry Jerry is just that, a Piece of White Trash. And, is the one who has never accomplished anything. If they truly knew anything about people from Weiner, they would know what great people have came from this wonderful little town and have went on to become doctors, lawyers, politicians, teachers, big business owners, etc. Keep on being miserable with your pathetic little life and leave the great people of Weiner alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weiner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beer at high school 1 hr please 9
anyone know Kendale Walton? (Feb '16) 1 hr Guest 8
tanya easley 6 hr cherry valley res... 1
poinsett fair 15 hr Fleetwood 4
Who is the nicest Playschool teacher? (Jul '11) Sun guest2 22
Football Sat lisa 15
Dogs Sat Huey 2

Weiner Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance