First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Fisher, AR

#1 Dec 5, 2009
I am new to the Weiner area but have made friends since I came here. Anyway, a couple in town have been spreading rumors about one of my friends. The wife is a very negative, vindictive person who looks out for her self only She is spreadying these non-truths about my friend, trying to save face for her mistakes. Her husband knows what she is doing, but does not make her quit. Actually he hangs his head when he gets around my friend and even avoids him because he knows what his wife is saying. What would you do about this??? I don't want to tell him what they are saying about him, because it will hurt him, but I don't know what else to do. These people are bad news and I wish this mess would stop. I already wish I didn't live here.

Clarksville, AR

#2 Dec 6, 2009
First, tell everyone on topix who the couple is. If enough people know that they are spreading lies they will find out that people know and will stop spreading them because people will think they are treashy for doing so.
guest to you

Snyder, TX

#3 Dec 6, 2009
Hey "Curious"...
So...sorry to inform you, but Weiner is a horrible place to live. So tiny yet full of BIG mouths..it's like living in a fish bowl. EVERYONE gossips & is in to EVERYONE's business! Trust me, I used to live there. It's no fun putting up with immature rednecks to gossip 24/7. You're already finding out!:) If I were you...MOVE FAR AWAY...There a few good souls in Weiner, but more BAD ones...so many people have left Weiner in the past few yrs for many different reasons...but all in all, the gossip is one of it's biggest problems...so, good luck!

Clarksville, AR

#4 Dec 7, 2009
guest to you wrote:
Hey "Curious"...
So...sorry to inform you, but Weiner is a horrible place to live. So tiny yet full of BIG mouths..it's like living in a fish bowl. EVERYONE gossips & is in to EVERYONE's business! Trust me, I used to live there. It's no fun putting up with immature rednecks to gossip 24/7. You're already finding out!:) If I were you...MOVE FAR AWAY...There a few good souls in Weiner, but more BAD ones...so many people have left Weiner in the past few yrs for many different reasons...but all in all, the gossip is one of it's biggest problems...so, good luck!
Weiner is a good town. The only problem with it is that it is JUST LIKE anywhere else you will live, but is smaller, so the gossip actually gets back to you faster than it would somewhere else. Don't do gossip-worthy things and you won't have to worry about it.
run away fast

United States

#5 Dec 10, 2009
"curious" i would get out of there fast.. people there are inbred alcoholic/druggies. i used to live there and finally woke up and ran for my life. if your smart you will do the same. believe me i would rather live on the street in another place than live in that HELL HOLE!!

Siloam Springs, AR

#6 Dec 10, 2009
run away fast wrote:
"curious" i would get out of there fast.. people there are inbred alcoholic/druggies. i used to live there and finally woke up and ran for my life. if your smart you will do the same. believe me i would rather live on the street in another place than live in that HELL HOLE!!
Did you give up all of your grammar and capitalizations skills as a trade-off for leaving Weiner?

Lubbock, TX

#7 Dec 10, 2009
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Weiner is a good town. The only problem with it is that it is JUST LIKE anywhere else you will live, but is smaller, so the gossip actually gets back to you faster than it would somewhere else. Don't do gossip-worthy things and you won't have to worry about it.
Nope..I disagree. I have lived in other small towns & Weiner is totally different. It's FULL of skank, rednecks who GOSSIP. I realize every town has it's share of gossipers...but Weiner is HORRIBLE about it. Oh well..it's pretty much dead..nothing left. Most people have moved because of it's problems...so enjoy your wonderful town and the other 3 citizens left :) lol..

Hampton, AR

#8 Dec 10, 2009
Funny how you talk about all the people leaving Weiner but the population wont be down by 30 to 40 at the most when the census is finished. The population is declining from the rural areas not the city.
Its called the innovations in farming technology which has eliminated 75 percent of the farm laborers over the last 25 years..

Sulphur, LA

#9 Dec 10, 2009
Guest wrote:
Funny how you talk about all the people leaving Weiner but the population wont be down by 30 to 40 at the most when the census is finished. The population is declining from the rural areas not the city.
Its called the innovations in farming technology which has eliminated 75 percent of the farm laborers over the last 25 years..
What is really funny is that all of these "innovations" in farming are coming straight from Mexico. One reason people are leaving rural farming communities is that farmers would rather hire illegals so they dan't have to pay workers comp and unemployment or social security. Farmers brought this mess on themselves.
know it all

Fisher, AR

#10 Dec 11, 2009
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really funny is that all of these "innovations" in farming are coming straight from Mexico. One reason people are leaving rural farming communities is that farmers would rather hire illegals so they dan't have to pay workers comp and unemployment or social security. Farmers brought this mess on themselves.
Most of the "illegals" you refer to are not in fact illegal. They have social security numbers. The reason the farmers hire them is that they are willing to WORK. And you need to get the facts straight. Farmers don't pay workers comp or unemployment in the first place.

Ozark, AR

#11 Dec 11, 2009
Did I hear correctly that Eagle Seed went out of business?

Sulphur, LA

#12 Dec 11, 2009
I am so sorry, "know it all" I should have remembered that "farmers" don't have to pay anything. In fact, the only thing a "farmer" wants to do with the gov't, is collect the gov't check that they are given to make sure that all of their kids can drive new vehicles and the wife can tell all of the "commoners" all that the "farm" family has. All the while crying because they are broke. Boo Hoo
WHOKNOWS

United States

#13 Dec 12, 2009
Guest wrote:
I am so sorry, "know it all" I should have remembered that "farmers" don't have to pay anything. In fact, the only thing a "farmer" wants to do with the gov't, is collect the gov't check that they are given to make sure that all of their kids can drive new vehicles and the wife can tell all of the "commoners" all that the "farm" family has. All the while crying because they are broke. Boo Hoo
Some of the folks need to get their noses out of the air. All they really are is FOOD STAMP FARMERS!

De Leon Springs, FL

#14 Dec 12, 2009
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree if u don't want people to know u are sleeping around,then don't do it .there been way 2 many divorce in weiner/from top income people to lower income.
a caring mother

Milton, FL

#15 Dec 15, 2009
To all you women in weiner, just to let you all know that you should stay away from tim beard. he gave my daughter a death sentence. he is no good. the drug head, loser, now my daughter is going thru something for the rest of her life that there is no cure for. If i ever get my hands on him i will definately whip his loser ass. big tough guy well you ain't so tough you loser sob. he is on every kind of drug there is. and he will give you the desease without a second thought!!!!!!!!!

Fort Pierce, FL

#16 Dec 15, 2009
WHOKNOWS wrote:
<quoted text>Some of the folks need to get their noses out of the air. All they really are is FOOD STAMP FARMERS!
ha ha ha i agree
Slim Shady

United States

#17 Dec 16, 2009
a caring mother wrote:
To all you women in weiner, just to let you all know that you should stay away from tim beard. he gave my daughter a death sentence. he is no good. the drug head, loser, now my daughter is going thru something for the rest of her life that there is no cure for. If i ever get my hands on him i will definately whip his loser ass. big tough guy well you ain't so tough you loser sob. he is on every kind of drug there is. and he will give you the desease without a second thought!!!!!!!!!
The "desease," holy shit that sounds worse than a disease!
Amy

United States

#18 Dec 16, 2009
I am from Weiner, and Weiner is a loveing, careing town. Whoever is bashing Weiner, needsa to think about their sicky lives!
to north little rock

Bossier City, LA

#19 Dec 18, 2009
run away fast wrote:
We're glad you moved with your aunt. You were part of the hell raisers.

Lubbock, TX

#20 Dec 23, 2009
Guest wrote:
Haha..you are SO TRUE. Farmers are the biggest welfare collectors of all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weiner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 min Bad Bart 40,942
barrett (Mar '17) Thu acting lawyers 29
I'm Justin Wilson and who wants a knuckle sandw... Thu Justin Wilson 6
Who is over Weiner forum being invaded by HB cr... (Oct '15) Thu Oh yea 2
does eny one know enything about kenny moss? (Nov '08) Wed Dark 26
Hornets Win Again Nov 20 guest 29
Greenway Ag tech Nov 19 Greenway AG 1

Weiner Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance