Kids die as mom flees police

Kids die as mom flees police

There are 8 comments on the Post-Standard story from Jun 24, 2007, titled Kids die as mom flees police. In it, Post-Standard reports that:

“I can't quite picture that I'm not going to see them again”

Lisa Parker's children popped into their neighbors' house Friday evening, as they did just about every evening. via Post-Standard

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post-Standard.

Six

United States

#1 Jun 24, 2007
And the idiot mother lives-----where's the justice?
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#2 Jun 25, 2007
stupid stupid women
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#3 Jun 25, 2007
*woman, that wasn't supposed to be a broad sweep
honey

New Hartford, NY

#4 Jul 3, 2007
I'll tell you about justice.... It's in God and Jesus. Not us. Stop speculating on this case! I'm sure we don't know half of it. ANd I"m sure that we should be thankful for the fact it wasn't one of our family members. We all make poor choices in life. NOw Stop it!
Look at yourselves and your hands will be full.
She's still a human being that God loves!
dipple

Oswego, NY

#5 Jul 5, 2007
she will suffer, if she lives. But she was irresponsible, negligent, selfish and her car was her weapon that she used on her kids. She might as well of drowned them in her bathtub. Same thing - to me - a stupid, stupid act based on whatever moment of stupidity she was having. There is no forgiveness warranted here. There is compassion needing to be sent to the much older boyfriend and the remaining child - along with the family/father of the boys - the grief stricken grandparents, the schoolmates of the two boys. I wonder though about the sheriff who pursued her. He got up to the car and she sped away. He chased her anyway? Wasn't there a rule about when and when not they could ensure in a car chase? Aren't kids in the car an automatic 'don't pursue a high speed chase'?
Mother of An Only Child

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jul 28, 2007
This is so sad. Just think we have ALL been one decision away from being a victim of our own stupidity/poor judgement/fear or whatever caused her to be reckless. Although I shouldn't judge her, it's difficult not to. Having only had one child of my own I couldn't imagine being careless with the lives of 3. So very sad for all impacted by the split second decision of her and the officer.

Since: Jun 07

Delhi, India

#7 Aug 14, 2007
We all can sit here and pass comments or judgments. However, let us all remember one thing, "Does anyone of us like to be called by the police? If it were to happen, would you not try to flee?"

None of us like to have a notice from the police stating to come over for so and so as it might mean loss of face, status or simple shame to have done something wrong.

Therefore, better be on the right side of the law or have the courage to face the consequences as "Fear is the greatest enemy of human". The lady was overcome by fear and has paid a big price for it.

----------

Like to play games Quickly and for FREE? All the free game downloads that you can handle at [L=NG]http://www.naturalgames. com [/L]
lilly

Malone, NY

#8 Sep 8, 2007
Six wrote:
And the idiot mother lives-----where's the justice?
The justice is she will have to live with it for the rest of her life.. Could you??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weedsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police to The Commons Sep '17 Rocketjcat 1
Carrol Equiptment May '17 Heavy Equiptment 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
Chubby's Restaurant (Jan '15) Jan '15 Marie 1
who is darren gamache (May '12) May '14 Babygirl0622 - hi... 4
News Contest winners get their fill of pop music at ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 snopper 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Jun '13 Deborah 200

Weedsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weedsport Mortgages