Toddler dies after 10 hours in hot car

Toddler dies after 10 hours in hot car

There are 29 comments on the www.khou.com story from Aug 14, 2008, titled Toddler dies after 10 hours in hot car . In it, www.khou.com reports that:

A grand jury will reportedly hear the case of a 3-year-old boy who was found dead after being left in a hot car for more than 10 hours Wednesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.khou.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pak31

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Aug 15, 2008
How the heck do you forget you have a child in your car??? I will never understand this.
Northbound Traveler

Garrison, TX

#4 Aug 15, 2008
How absolutely horrible!!!
Texas Proud

Crosby, TX

#5 Aug 16, 2008
Those poor babies!

Since: Jul 07

College Station, TX

#6 Aug 16, 2008
In the second instance,(where the mother left the keys AND the baby in the truck) I'll bet that she was using the (running) truck as her babysitter, and that there was no daycare arrangement at all. What are the odds that she forgot both the keys and the boy? I think that he wiggled free of the car seat, and messed with the keys in the ignition, turning the truck off, and it ended in this disaster.

Since: Jul 07

College Station, TX

#7 Aug 16, 2008
I guess that I have to rescind my opinion. It appears, from a different story, that she did in fact, have her keys, and that the baby found another key in the truck.
pak31

Bolingbrook, IL

#8 Aug 16, 2008
Still Nobody wrote:
I guess that I have to rescind my opinion. It appears, from a different story, that she did in fact, have her keys, and that the baby found another key in the truck.
I am amazed at the fact that a 3 year old was smart enough to get out of his seat and find a key. I just feel so bad for these babies. The horrible agony they must go thru must be awful. But are you telling me that this mother thought she dropped him off? I mean, during these 10 hours didnt' she think of him once? You would think that it would trigger something in her mind that she left him but who knows. Always, always the innocent suffer.
sew

United States

#9 Aug 20, 2008
Actually, I know this lady and it was her grand child. She is never the person to take the child to day care, his mom always takes him. I do know this is a horrible mistake and I do feel terrible for everyone involved but this is so not like her to just forget something like a child.
Marissa

Pearland, TX

#10 Aug 20, 2008
You dont forget a child for 10 hours.... HOW??? Children need constant attention, did she have that sort of light and stress free felling for ten hours, something should have clicked in her stupid head. This was done intentionally and I think she deserves to rot in jail. She may not have wanted the baby to die, but she most definitely left him there on purpose. I can only imagine how that baby felt dying from heat and suffocation. What was she thinking, just careless. I wish I was on the jury!
Northbound Traveler

Garrison, TX

#11 Aug 22, 2008
Marissa wrote:
You dont forget a child for 10 hours.... HOW??? Children need constant attention, did she have that sort of light and stress free felling for ten hours, something should have clicked in her stupid head. This was done intentionally and I think she deserves to rot in jail. She may not have wanted the baby to die, but she most definitely left him there on purpose. I can only imagine how that baby felt dying from heat and suffocation. What was she thinking, just careless. I wish I was on the jury!
So, you were there? In this woman's mind?

It was said that she was not the one who usually took her grandchild to daycare. Once she was at work, it would be easy to get wrapped up in her work and not have time to think - that has happened to me and I sometimes forget things. I have no doubt that this was an accident. More than likely, she is punishing herself mentally far more than any justice system can. I am not saying she was not at fault. It was her responsibility. I am saying, however, that (more than likely) she did not do this on purpose. She did not leave that morning with the intentions of killing her grandchild.

It is a sad situation.
John Q

Houston, TX

#12 Aug 23, 2008
This is silly I do not feel sorry for the lady and she should beat herself up over it, because children are precious. She may not have done it on purpose, but it still happened. Grandparents are supposed to spoil there grandbaby's. It may be a horrible accident, but she should be held accountable.
John Q

Houston, TX

#13 Aug 23, 2008
Also prayers go out to the family..This is horrible..
LP Resident

Killeen, TX

#14 Sep 2, 2008
I know this is an old story but i just came across it and started reading the comments.

so many questions i have.
why did the parents not call and check on the child.
why did the grandma not think about the child all day.
so so painful to read these stories.
PROUD PARENT

United States

#15 Sep 4, 2008
sew wrote:
Actually, I know this lady and it was her grand child. She is never the person to take the child to day care, his mom always takes him. I do know this is a horrible mistake and I do feel terrible for everyone involved but this is so not like her to just forget something like a child.
I PERSONALLY QUESTION YOUR INTELLENGENCE TO ACTUALLY TRY TO TAKE UP FOR THIS HORRIBLE LADY. SO WHAT IF SHE IS NOT USUALLY THE ONE TO TAKE HER GRANDCHILD TO DAY CARE, BUT SHE DID!!!( OR SHOULD I SAY DIDNT!!!) SHE DROVE IN THIS CAR WITH THIS CHILD FOR HOWEVER LONG TO GET WORK, THEN GOT HER BELONGINGS OUT OF THE CAR TO BEGIN HER DAY. HOW DID SHE NOT SEE THE CHILD OR HEAR HIM.WHY DID THE MOTHER NOT CALL ??? JUST IRRESPONSIBLE, WORTHLESS,NONCARING PEOPLE THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!
Northbound Traveler

Houston, TX

#16 Sep 4, 2008
It must be nice to be so perfect!!!
Texas Proud

Crosby, TX

#17 Sep 5, 2008
Northbound Traveler wrote:
Pobody's Nerfect, but to "FORGET" you have a baby??? Your baby (or your own grand baby)in the vehicle??? I cannot fathom that one!
Possibly they were in too big of a hurry to get to work, or was running late and thought they would run and clock in, take care of a few things then sneak away and take them to the daycare. After they got to work, they wrapped up in work and totally forgot about the baby.
That's my Perry Mason version of what may have happened. Although criminal, there shouldn't be criminal charges brought against them. They will have to suffer with what they have done to their children and how they suffered the rest of their lives.
PROUD PARENT

United States

#18 Sep 5, 2008
Northbound Traveler wrote:
NO SMARTASS its not being perfect, it was a 3yr old child that use to talk, laugh and play that suffered because of someone being irresponsible!!!!!! Apparently you dont have children.

Since: Aug 08

Beaumont, TX

#19 Sep 5, 2008
How old was the Grandmother?

My mother in law, works, sees the kids here and there. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt she would not forget my almost three year old in the car. For one, they are way to noisy to forget(unless they are asleep) and it is hard to not see the child in the car with you. There is no way she forgot about the child when leaving the car. Maybe when she went into the building she it slipped her mind.

In my opinion, if she REALLY forgot the child then she needs to see a doctor.

Other than that, I am truly sorry for what happened to the family.
Gemma Speck

Thornton Heath, UK

#20 Sep 6, 2008
Please cheak this out http://www.youtube.com/user/sarahA3497 .
Comment on the video's and subscribe the channel. Me & gemma (Y) video yeah i am gemma!

Since: Aug 08

Beaumont, TX

#21 Sep 6, 2008
Spam anyone?
Gemma Speck

Thornton Heath, UK

#22 Sep 6, 2008
well i just want to make my friends account to have lots of comments and views.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Webster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jul '16) 43 min Fart Foot 23
News Residents warn city that Chick-fil-A would turn... Apr '17 PlentyPhartx 4
News What to Watch: Will voucher defeat hurt school ... Apr '17 Will Phart 2
Harbor Point Subdivision (Sep '08) Apr '17 MyPhart 2
I need lawns to mow in League City!!! (Sep '07) Apr '17 NeedPhart 2
i love kickboxing League City (May '16) Apr '17 AmazingPhart 14
Pierogi Queen Restaurant Apr '17 AnybodyPhart 2

Webster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance