Texas 3-year-old child left in hot ca...

Texas 3-year-old child left in hot car all day dies

There are 6 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Aug 14, 2008, titled Texas 3-year-old child left in hot car all day dies. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A 3-year-old child is dead after police said he was left in a hot car all day in Webster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Peaches YC

Bow, WA

#1 Aug 14, 2008
There is no way you can forget about your responseability like that. Children are your number one priorty. If you have that nuch on your mind be by your damn self. Now how much time will she do?
brundle

Westminster, MD

#2 Aug 15, 2008
How can you forget to drop your grandchild off at day care. There is no excuse for her actions and she should be held accountable for her actions to the fullest extent of the law. My prayers are with the rest of the family as they deal with the crisis. I think they call that murder
Just_Me

United States

#3 Aug 15, 2008
You mean there are three year old children that remain quiet to the point that they don't make a noise or comment at any time in a car?

When my kids were three years old, they wouldn't keep quiet about anything. I would never forget they were in the back seat.

What saddens me is the torture the child went through. Read up on topics like heat exhaustion and heat stroke and imagine how it would feel suffering those symptoms.

Although it doesn't diminish the severity, a baby wouldn't quite suffer the same way in a similar instance. A three year old has a degree of self awareness and can experience fear and discomfort in a different way than babies. Trapped in a hot car for hours, alone, with no relief in sight. Even more so if they couldn't remove the straps from the child seat. That is torture in my opinion.
Disturbed

Bel Air, MD

#4 Aug 15, 2008
I agree with Peaches and Brundle's comments. I have other things to say... but God is the one to judge, not me.

c3daddyo

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#5 Aug 15, 2008
Everytime I read a story about someone leaving a child in a car they say the same thing. I forgot to drop him at day care. These kids that keep getting forgotten, must the most well behaved kids that there ever was. When my kids get in the car, whether one, two, or all 3, they talk my ear off. I am constantly looking in the rear view and watching them. I talk to them if the are quiet for to long. If I stop, I take them in the place with me. If I go thru a drive thru, I let them pick out what they want. I am not buying this excuse, "I FORGOT TO DROP THEM OFF AT DAYCARE" anymore. TRY THIS B-ITCH FOR MURDER!
LP Resident

Killeen, TX

#6 Aug 15, 2008
I think the way we live as a society has something to do with both these tragedies this week.

We need to take the damn cell phone of our head and pay attention to people around us and whether or not we have a kid in the car!

start talking to our neighbors saying hi to people around us and make eye contact every once in a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Webster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islamic Sun Farting welcome 6
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Jul 19 Fart decor 97
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jul '16) Jul 18 Ranked Farts 29
News Endeavour first of many high-rises for Clear Lake (Apr '08) Jul 6 Boners Farti 110
i love kickboxing League City (May '16) Jun 25 Darth fart mask 18
Review: iLoveKickboxing- League City Jun '17 Crouching fart 5
News Residents warn city that Chick-fil-A would turn... Apr '17 PlentyPhartx 4

Webster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Webster Mortgages