First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Commentator

Webster Springs, WV

#1 Feb 20, 2013
Who is the owner/author of the Webster Commentator blog? It seems very one sided and not very neutral depending on what he/she is reporting.
Jeff

Princeton, WV

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Jeff Hall
Family Judge

Webster Springs, WV

#3 Feb 20, 2013
Are you referring to the family court judge Jeff Hall?
Jeff

Princeton, WV

#4 Feb 20, 2013
yes
good greif

United States

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Figures
good greif

United States

#6 Feb 20, 2013
Knowing that now. I aint gonna get back on that site again.
Strange

Princeton, WV

#7 Feb 20, 2013
I guess that is why he is reporting things one sided. His attempt at being neutral is pretty weak.

Why not do some real reporting on our counties budget issues.

The fact that taxes are going up. Or that the jail bill is over SEVEN HUNDRED Thousand dollars this fiscal year and it is not over until June.

He bashes topix calling it a "trash site" and then tries to hide behind his blog. He should concentrate on being a judge instead of an amateur reporter.
Thirsty for action

Craigsville, WV

#8 Feb 20, 2013
Strange wrote:
I guess that is why he is reporting things one sided. His attempt at being neutral is pretty weak.
The fact that taxes are going up. Or that the jail bill is over SEVEN HUNDRED Thousand dollars this fiscal year and it is not over until June.
He bashes topix calling it a "trash site" and then tries to hide behind his blog. He should concentrate on being a judge instead of an amateur reporter.
I agree with you on that. We need a better judge. Not one who sits on the computer posting YouTube videos of his life, etc.
Iron Spur

Princeton, WV

#9 Feb 21, 2013
Strange wrote:
Here we go again..instead of being grateful for the unreported news we are getting about our County (and by the way the Supreme Court did give him the green light on his Blog) we hear the same ole ''turd sucking'' whiners complaining....these people would complain if you hung them with a new rope ! Jeff don't let these Welfare Rats discourage you !
read again

Smoot, WV

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Strange wrote:
i've read his site, and he had about 8 articles on the county budget and several more on the jail bill, over 10 articles on the school consolidation, and many more articles on things you never see in the webster echo; perhaps you need to go back and re-read the archives; his site is a breath of fresh news compared to the gossip and bashing that scum on here engages in
i suspect folks on here that are upset are family members of all the trash criminals he has been reporting on
Grateful

Cypress, TX

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Jeff, please don't let these gossip mongers and haters spoil your thirst for the truth. Plain and simple reporting. No spins, just what you know. That upsets a lot of people because in this little town they still try to hide their business. Well, heads up everyone..........you can't hide anything. Eventually it will come out!
wonder who

Rupert, WV

#12 Feb 21, 2013
i wonder who is upset about the commentator: could it be those "professional" news folk at the echo? i'll take the judge's amateur reporting any day
Neutral

Bluefield, WV

#13 Feb 21, 2013
His reporting is not neutral. He is trying to show that our county is in good shape fiscally when it is not.

He shows that crime is supposedly down and credits the magistrates for it. When in fact it is the Law Enforcement doing their job.

He does not show all of the facts that the sewer is running in to the Elk river and the county commission spent the money that was given for the project. Now we have people with contaminated wells (due to a pipe being broken). Money is unaccounted for.

Another money problem, a grant was listed as a line item in the Echo for last years budget to the "Bergoo Reunion". The Bergoo reunion was disbanded by the Tripletts & Kings because they were pissed because nobody would help them. No disclosure on where the funds went or the reunion money went. People are stealing money around here left and right and nothing is being done about it.

The school system is in trouble. But he tries to prove there is not issue. The schools are dilapidated and in need of repair or replacement. Whoever is in charge of maintaining and doing scheduled updates and repairs should be fired because they suck at their job.

This county needs investigated on the way it spends its money and no one seems to care about accountability. If this were a private business people would be fired and/or put in jail.

You want to be a reporter, then dig around and start reporting for real!
just the facts please

Rupert, WV

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Neutral wrote:
His reporting is not neutral. He is trying to show that our county is in good shape fiscally when it is not.
He shows that crime is supposedly down and credits the magistrates for it. When in fact it is the Law Enforcement doing their job.
He does not show all of the facts that the sewer is running in to the Elk river and the county commission spent the money that was given for the project. Now we have people with contaminated wells (due to a pipe being broken). Money is unaccounted for.
Another money problem, a grant was listed as a line item in the Echo for last years budget to the "Bergoo Reunion". The Bergoo reunion was disbanded by the Tripletts & Kings because they were pissed because nobody would help them. No disclosure on where the funds went or the reunion money went. People are stealing money around here left and right and nothing is being done about it.
The school system is in trouble. But he tries to prove there is not issue. The schools are dilapidated and in need of repair or replacement. Whoever is in charge of maintaining and doing scheduled updates and repairs should be fired because they suck at their job.
This county needs investigated on the way it spends its money and no one seems to care about accountability. If this were a private business people would be fired and/or put in jail.
You want to be a reporter, then dig around and start reporting for real!
exactly what commentator did you read???
1. all of his budget articles show that the county is in trouble fiscally
2. every one knows that the magistrates are keeping people in jail and not letting them out like a revolving door, so when the stats show crime is down, the difference is the new magistrates versus the old
3. he does not try to cover every issue--his blog is FREE with no advertising--the Echo people are paid to do their jobs and they don't do half of what he has done
4. he has printed both sides of the school issue--showing the inconsistent budget claims and the student enrollment issues
only the typical topix tard sitting behind a computer would criticize someone for providing a FREE service; i hope he keeps doing it just to irritate folks like "neutral"
URNOTFROMHERERU

Alexandria, VA

#15 Feb 21, 2013
The Webster Commentator is an excellent, unbiased source of news for the community. Thank you Judge Hall.
Vykos

Rupert, WV

#16 Feb 21, 2013
It's just a blog, not journalism. If blogs had to meet a standard of integrity or merit there would be no blogs at all. However it is informative to see that Hall is a cheap control freak.
Vykos

Rupert, WV

#17 Feb 21, 2013
Commentator wrote:
Who is the owner/author of the Webster Commentator blog? It seems very one sided and not very neutral depending on what he/she is reporting.
Just author. It's owned by Blogspot because it is a free hosting service. Perish the thought that a man with a judge's salary actually PAYS for web hosting, or even the $2-$10 per year for a domain name. LOL
uh oh

Rupert, WV

#18 Feb 21, 2013
Wow, you all really aren't happy with anything are you?
Boston Strangler

Boston, MA

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Wow, what a bunch of discriminating illiterate biases losers. You guys thing the Commentator is biased??? and the Echo is spot on. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Judge Hall take the time to report on some of the Highlanders Sporting Events in the past for the Echo? He is a selfless individual that takes the time, his OWN time, to travel to the Highlanders games and report in real time to the rest of the World. Some of us who have moved away from the county appreciate the fact that we have a way to keep in touch with the Webster happenings. I am sure that many of the Students and former students really appreciate having a way to share their highlights with others. As far as schools, county budget issues, law enforcement, and Meth Heads...at least the commentators has the intestinal fortitude to publish the facts instead of curling up in a corner to protect their fan base. The negative comments on here are surely coming from people who are protecting their drug friends or their poor baby got a divorce and things didn't work out. Get a life and stop trying to blame others for your or your family shot-comings. Better yet, go get a law degree, run for judge, and then report back how it works out for you. If you are so biased that because you don't like the guy you have to tear him down....maybe you need to look in the mirror. I don't even know the guy, but anyone who takes their own time to get the news out of that part of the state should be commended for his efforts. I don't always agree with what Mr. Hall writes, but at least I find value in getting news fairly quickly, but if you would prefer to read about it next week...turn your computer off. Good Grief!
1 post removed
Hello always angry

Bluefield, WV

#21 Feb 22, 2013
You are an IDIOT!! the Echo has nothing to do with this, and you spelled her name wrong, and she doesn't complain about the school system and she isn't even ready for employment through the school system. Get your facts straight before you put something on here DUMBASS!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Webster Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wreck on McGuire 1 hr friend 9
new guy at tioga auto parts 2 hr old friend 12
Sebert 3 hr Amused and Curious 20
Appalachian outlaws (Jan '14) 12 hr drewcifer66674 86
Katie "Karelli" Mazzella (Dec '12) 16 hr oldfriend 10
need firewood 17 hr hillbilly 5
Comments on Heather Christian 21 hr the facts 3
Webster Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Webster Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:58 am PST

Bleacher Report 3:58AM
Redskins Must Take Advantage of Mariota Trade Market
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?
NFL10:55 AM
Barry Cofield cut by Washington Redskins
NFL10:55 AM
Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen cut by Redskins
ESPN11:28 AM
Redskins begin purge with release of Cofield