First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2012
I am very dissapointed in the new business proposition of ace hardware I love people bringing things into Webster why I think is ignorant is trying to put out Mike woods and paps. Try something else please? We want to add not take away. That's selfishness
wondering

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2012
concerned wrote:
I am very dissapointed in the new business proposition of ace hardware I love people bringing things into Webster why I think is ignorant is trying to put out Mike woods and paps. Try something else please? We want to add not take away. That's selfishness
Where they talking about putting it at?
fhbbf

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Old family dollar. Tim McCoy
wondering

United States

#4 Nov 14, 2012
fhbbf wrote:
Old family dollar. Tim McCoy
You're kidding me!
jjsjs

United States

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Sadly its true ...gonna have a door to enter both stores. Open 1 to shut down 2 hometown business
its great

Summersville, WV

#6 Nov 14, 2012
I think it is a welcome to our town. Don't care who has it. Mike is getting tired and so isn't Pap. Have you seen him He can barely waLK NOW. Mike is not so young either. They both are great people and care for them both. Ace has a lot of things to choose from. Be in one a few months ago. I say welcome ACE.
jjsjs

United States

#7 Nov 14, 2012
Well Mike has people to take over his business a son ....n pap does it for fun. He's in no rush at any point what he does. Tim has the means to open. Anything y hurt business when he cld help.

I'd also like to see something go into 5-10 be nice like another food chain. Maybe a SMALL GROCERY STORE SEE HOW GNR LIKES THAT
walter

Craigsville, WV

#8 Nov 14, 2012
hope ace will make tim keep his prices fair.
thief

Princeton, WV

#9 Nov 14, 2012
I will not buy from them. They rob everyone now. Greedy bunch of people.
geezsh

Oakvale, WV

#10 Nov 14, 2012
typical topix tards trashing the ace hardware idea; ever think that the more competition the lower the prices will be?
from a grownup

Lerona, WV

#11 Nov 14, 2012
Talk about being fair. Tim & Randy bought the old mor for less so another grocery store couldn't go in there. So what did they do to help with competition between grocery stores?
jjsjs

United States

#12 Nov 14, 2012
Tim is a smart polite business man. But if it wasn't for wic and foodstamps he'd be counting pennies like everyone else. He treats all customers the same I will say that. BuT when he closes.other business he can Jack prices up? Example GNR

Remember coal mines company. Coins??? Pretty soon we will get paid in McCoy dollars or McCoy vouchers. LOL all he needs is a gas station n he owns us little minons
walmart

Princeton, WV

#13 Nov 14, 2012
I would like to see a walmart come in here and put his ass out of business.
Hold on

Crawley, WV

#14 Nov 19, 2012
Why do you all hate the G&R so. The Dr's in this town got rich off of Webster County. What about Curtin and J.D. Cutlip. They also got very rich off of the poor working man in Webster Co and they are still rick today. Dog them for awhile. No I do not have a M.D. or anything like that, so they deserve to get that pay. Ace hardware does not have lumber or and thing of that nature. So If not for the the few stores we have this town would be come a ghost town, if not on it;s way.
All for it

Lerona, WV

#15 Nov 20, 2012
I'm all for Ace Hardware
Optimistic

Athens, WV

#16 Nov 22, 2012
Though I support hometown business as much as the next person I do feel that Ace Hardware coming to Webster Springs is a blessing in disguise, no more running to LOWES over in Summersville or 84 Lumber in Gassaway every time you need something. Let's face it, Pap doesn't have much anymore aside from propane and hunting supplies and I'm sure he'll survive and stay in business as long as he is able to operate his store. A lot of people like Pap and give him business so I think he'll be alright, especially with the propane sales he has, no one else on this end of the county can fill your tanks on the spot like he does. Mike Woods is on his way out and has been for a long time. He has been trying to sell that business for several years but wants entirely too much for it so he has been stuck with having to run it but every time I go up there I see a little less stock on his shelves, he isn't re-ordering many things once he sells out, I think he is simply selling everything he has and when it's dwindled down to the point that he can no longer justify keeping the business open he'll close it. Ace Hardware, though a national chain is owned and operated by whoever pays for the franchise and brings them into town. I would assume that in this case it would be called, "McCoy's Ace Hardware" just like the old "Lloyd's Ace Hardware" store that used to be in Flatwoods years ago. Hopefully the prices won't be through the roof and they will provide a large variety of items people need to get things done. James Lynch is doing well over in Cowen with "Country Hardware" so if people want an alternative to Ace they can always go over there. The more businesses Webster Springs brings in the closer we are to emerging from the depts of economic despair. There was a time when you never had to leave this town to buy anything you could possibly need or want, now everyone has to run to Summersville to buy everything. Personally I say, "Screw Summersville!" Why should we have to drive damn near an hour to buy things that we should be able to buy here in our own town, Webster Springs is not polluted with Wal-Mart, we could erect businesses and create jobs and orchestrate our own little economic enterprise right here in this little town if people will support the idea. Bringing new businesses in is not an attempt to kill local business owners, give them competition? Yes, but not to put them out of business, that is Wal-Mart's way of doing things and the people of Webster Springs are beyond those ideals....... I hope.....
Something needs done

Summersville, WV

#17 Nov 22, 2012
Hold on wrote:
Why do you all hate the G&R so. The Dr's in this town got rich off of Webster County. What about Curtin and J.D. Cutlip. They also got very rich off of the poor working man in Webster Co and they are still rick today. Dog them for awhile. No I do not have a M.D. or anything like that, so they deserve to get that pay. Ace hardware does not have lumber or and thing of that nature. So If not for the the few stores we have this town would be come a ghost town, if not on it;s way.
Where you been, it's aleady a ghost town. Reason we hate Iga is because of people who can not afford their stuff. You can get like family packs of stuff, 2 loafs of bread, hot dogs, etc just random things. Let alone your already out of foodstwmps for the ones who can barely manage 125.00. I know some only gets $85.00 who can't get a full buggy like Walmart. With Walmart there's tones of meals. You can get banquet meals for a dollar a piece for each box. They got good deals. I'd like to see Walmart myself here too. Only time I'm shopping at Iga is unless I really have too and can't get to Walmart.
so true

Princeton, WV

#18 Nov 23, 2012
Iga's prices are ridiculous!! Even their iga brands are wayyy to high. Thats why everyone has to drive clear to sville. Its even cheaper with the gas to get there. Your right, the only way to afford going there is if your paying w food stamps. For us middle class that busts our butts everyday for every dollar we have..its robbery! Until the prices go down, myself and half of Webster and Cowen will keep driving to sville. I'd love to see a more for less or save alot come back into town personally. I know some of the generics aren't as good as name brands but it's eatable and affordable!! Shame on you gnr!!
the bus

Summersville, WV

#19 Nov 23, 2012
take the mta bus to s'ville. its cheaper than driving your own car and they give you three hours of shopping time at walmart. I hear they may start going to s'ville everyday from webster. It's an option.
Something needs done

Summersville, WV

#20 Nov 23, 2012
the bus wrote:
take the mta bus to s'ville. its cheaper than driving your own car and they give you three hours of shopping time at walmart. I hear they may start going to s'ville everyday from webster. It's an option.
I don't get up at 8 am to do this though and good I hope they do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Webster Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big ditch lake 2 hr Terry 1
House-118 Front Street (Jan '11) 15 hr Jabc32 13
Deanna Mae Bartley Fri leslie 9
Richwood Dairy Queen Fri West Virginia girl 1
Bob the job stillwell stole mailladys 4 wheeler Fri Xxxbj 1
Bob Henry Baber Mayor Again? Thu Already at it 133
USAVE midnight cashier Jun 22 Cat 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Webster Springs Mortgages