Oakvale, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

Is it just me or is our DOH a HUGE wast of taxpayers dollars? Have you seen some of the paving "work" that they have been doing? grassy creek towards diana - looks like some 5yr old kids smeared blacktop all over the road, and above parcoal road - better keep both hands on the wheel or you will crash! We should be contracting out all of this work from paving to snow removal. We dont need all of those overpaid DOH employees and their pensions, health care coverage etc. Not to mention all of the vehicles, insurance, fuel and on and on. I know all of these state workers wont like this idea but it would save our state a TON of money as well as give us taxpaying citizens road repair by qualified persons that is safe to drive on.
mickey mouse

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

A joke is right!! Why don't they pave all of the road??
Patrick J Whte

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

It's called a budget. They don't get millions of dollars to do whatever they want with, they have to make do with what money they get.
mickey mouse

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

budget or not, why half ass something??
WOW

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

t1lofg5 wrote:
Is it just me or is our DOH a HUGE wast of taxpayers dollars? Have you seen some of the paving "work" that they have been doing? grassy creek towards diana - looks like some 5yr old kids smeared blacktop all over the road, and above parcoal road - better keep both hands on the wheel or you will crash! We should be contracting out all of this work from paving to snow removal. We dont need all of those overpaid DOH employees and their pensions, health care coverage etc. Not to mention all of the vehicles, insurance, fuel and on and on. I know all of these state workers wont like this idea but it would save our state a TON of money as well as give us taxpaying citizens road repair by qualified persons that is safe to drive on.
Well your on the wrong track the paving is NOT done by the DOH Thank You !!!!!!!!!! ANd Believe ME they Don't get over paid !!!!!!!! And i hope you sure find someone to plow you road when it snows !!!!! YOu People are just heartless , mean and ungrateful !!!!!!!!!! My Dad Works his Ass off and has Missed holidays to keep your roads plowed !!!!!!! I think a little thank you would be nice !!!! Not bitching !!!!!!!!!! And if the state had that money it would just go to the crapper too !!!!! WEll i'll give the guys a BIG THANK YOU !!!!!! THANKS GUY FOR ALL YOU DO !!!!
ohh

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

no money but they are getting a new place in bolair for how much ?????????? MILLON
mickey mouse

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Judged:

I've seen the big DOH paving,mouth! I don't care if they plow the road or not.How hard is it to drive. They need a pay cut for half assing their JOB!!!
WOW is an idiot

Webster Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Judged:

WOW says DOH doesn't pave roads--i traveled by grassy creek to diana this fall countless times and, yes, it was DOH doing a child-like half a$$ job paving--just slop it down and go. To show you the difference just drive down RT 15 in Braxton county and you will see where the DOH in Braxton cut up the bad parts and smoothly laid back the pavement. Webster DOH is a joke.
amazing

Webster Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Judged:

how is it if their soooo busy at work judy jean and kenny have time to make dates. hmmm thats our tax dollars at work or should i say hard at work..
nice try loosers.
bad news

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2009

Just for the record I dont think all the state roads look like 5 year olds worked on them.Just the ones in webster. Cowen and,H.V people dont say anything bad about there roads looking like 5 year olds working on them. So I think they should get praised for there hard work. GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!
hey dumbass

Rock, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2009

Judged:

WOW is an idiot wrote:
WOW says DOH doesn't pave roads--i traveled by grassy creek to diana this fall countless times and, yes, it was DOH doing a child-like half a$$ job paving--just slop it down and go. To show you the difference just drive down RT 15 in Braxton county and you will see where the DOH in Braxton cut up the bad parts and smoothly laid back the pavement. Webster DOH is a joke.
WOW is right they dont pave they patch there is a difference the contractors do the paving... and btw braxton is not much better so stop snorting pills
Dude 1

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Judged:

I bet people won't be complaining this winter when they want to get to Wal-Mart and spend their money or they have to get a loved one to the hospital when it is pooring down the snow and the roads are pretty clear. Yes they did do some spot paving, but that is what their Supervisor Vince Cogar told them to do. If you look all over the state it is done like that this time of year. If it wasn't done, you wouldn't believe the potholes that you would have next spring. The men cannot "pave" the road, our governor and other state employees in Charleston has that done by companies from Ohio and other areas. As for making a lot of money, yeah that is why just about all of the DOH guys wives work. They just make so much money!!! Maybe if you're an engineer for the State or work in Charleston, but not around here. As for the insurance, the premiums are high and the benefits suck. For those complaining, why don't you try working for the state road for 2 weeks in the winter and 2 weeks in the summer. Getting called out all hours of the night for trees down, or rock slides. Plowing the roads during the holidays and missing watching your children have Christmas, when you get to be with your children. Remember this when you have an emergency and have to get somewhere. What if they weren't there to get the roads plowed? What if your loved one was having a heart attack and the roads hadn't been plowed?
Work there in the summer in the hot weather and you have to get a dead deer off the road or from the ditchline, and it is swollen and basically explodes all over you when you go to move it.
GROW UP PEOPLE, A JOB IS A JOB! If they are doing the best they can with the equipment and staff that they have, SHUT UP and stop complaining. You could be the next one that needs to get to a hospital or a loved one, and the only reason you can is because the roads are clear.
bad news

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Your right people should not complain about the roads. The men are only allowed to do what they are told. Believe me the men dont like doing half ass jobs either. They get there orders and they do as said.I do have one complaint.Mowing this time of year that seems just a bit crazy.I seen a man mowing in webster just about 3 weeks ago.But i guess they are just doing what they are told.
WOW

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

WHATEVER YOU WANT TO THINK !!!!!!!!!! THEY DO NOT PAVE !!!!! THEY PATCH !!!!! MY DAD HAS WORKED THERE FOR 34 YEARS AND AND I PRETTY MUCH KNOW WHAT THEY DO THERE !!!! MY DAD HAS TO DEAL WITH A LOT OF CRAP AND HAS MISSED HOLIDAYS AFTER HOLIDAYS TO HELP EVERYONE OUT ... HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET PHONE CALLS ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT TELL YOU THAT THERE IS A DEAD DEER IN THE ROAD OR A TREE AND YOU GO OUT TO MOVE A TREE AND IT IS A TREE LIMB THAT IS BIG AS A BALL BAT !!!!!!!!!! cOME ON !!!!! YOU PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO BITCH ABOUT SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER !!! WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU TO ALL THE STATE ROAD WORKERS FOR THEIR HARD WORK IN WHAT THEY ARE ALOUD TO DO !!!!!!!!! THANKS DAD FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK YOU DO !!!!!!!!
WOW is an idiot wrote:
wisdjhty

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

Patrick J Whte wrote:
It's called a budget. They don't get millions of dollars to do whatever they want with, they have to make do with what money they get.
Then they need to lay a much of them off during the "good weather" months. The only time you usually see them work is in the winter.
Nancy Huff

Webster Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

I've seen them a lot.. You must only come out on the 1st of the month when your stamps come in..haha.
wisdihy

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

No, I just don't get out much. LOL
shit happens

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Judged:

How would you like to layed off from your job? Or do you even have a job. I think our state road guys are great workers. If they were to be layed off from there jobs in the summer then the roads would look like shit. But if you dont get out much who cares about your road. If i was the state road I would not plow your road in the winter since you say they dont do there jobs.I would like to thank our state road crew for a great job.
shit happens

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

Judged:

Here it is Friday,and the state road men are out working plowing the snow. how many people do you think will thank them for cleaning the roads for them to go shopping? I will be the first to say thank you for keeping the roads clean and safe.I am sure the ems thank you to.
mickey mouse

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Who cares if they plow the roads,it really don't snow a hell of alot anyway!! Yes I want thank them,just look how ruff the G D roads are in this Co.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Webster Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 57,003
Deputies walking the streets 2 hr Night owl 6
who passed away from pool room (Mar '11) 4 hr rsayloryahoocom 18
lets see 8 hr what a joke 5
anyone know steve short (Jul '13) 13 hr movedon 16
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana Tue Johnny 183
Custard Stand High Prices Tue yeppers 11
•••
•••
•••

Webster Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000