First Prev
of 3
Next Last
first step

Summersville, WV

#41 Aug 27, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
<quoted text>
So... rack up some DUI charges, find a lawyer who can game the system, and you're set for life?
The alcohol defense seems pretty flimsy. Sure, it can bring some mild relief for a few hours, but the withdrawal more than makes up for any relief. Overall, it would cause more pain that it treats.
Ethanol testing is a joke. Consider twice the legal limit for BAC (.15). It's out of the blood in 10 hours, and out of the urine in 48. There is an EtG test (EtG presumably being a metabolite of ethanol) that can detect alcohol consumption some 80 hours previous to the test, but it is more expensive to perform, and still woefully inadequate for a 30 day test cycle.
Given that (theoretically) he has plenty of chances to drink, he had best be very careful, if he values his fraudulent lifestyle. Narcotics and klonopin, while being intensifiers of alcohol, shouldn't send a reasonable drunkard to an early death. If one mixes soma with alcohol, on the other hand, especially in combination with the other two drugs... you may as well save some time by sticking one foot in a grave.
In summary: how the hell does a court make this kind of ruling?
SET FOR LIFE?? How much money do you think they had out to SSI people? Its not even 700 a month. lets see you live off of that.
who cares

Summersville, WV

#42 Aug 27, 2011
who cares
Shocker

Princeton, WV

#43 Aug 27, 2011
who cares wrote:
who cares
The people who are working to support these worthless ass people, that's who cares!!!!!!!
chaos

United States

#44 Aug 27, 2011
Shocker wrote:
<quoted text>The people who are working to support these worthless ass people, that's who cares!!!!!!!
Exactly. Hence my earlier statement about "strangling him with his own intestines"!
chaos

United States

#45 Aug 27, 2011
first step wrote:
<quoted text>
SET FOR LIFE?? How much money do you think they had out to SSI people? Its not even 700 a month. lets see you live off of that.
700? Maybe as supplemental income for a 20 something with a minor problem. 1200 plus for most truly confirmed deadbeats. Those who really need it and DESERVE IT probably don't get enough, but the really worthless ones who could afford an ambulance chasing attorney get plenty!!?

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#46 Aug 28, 2011
chaos wrote:
<quoted text>In response to the last line, you are far better equipped than I to dig up the stats on this stuff. Please do so. I can assure you it's not an isolated case. Alcoholism and drug addition are a fairly frequent excuse for ssi/workmans comp etc. checks these days. As well as sex addiction and many other nonsensical scapegoat "reasons" for being "demonstrably unable to work". As for soma and alcohol, one can only hope the inevitable happens sooner rather than later. In Dennis "the menace'" case, it's the alcohol that leads to the occasional back pain. To wit, getting hammered and trying to lift the back of a pickup!! Sober and not recently strained, he can sling bales of hay around all day long, if you can keep him out of the bag!
In retrospect, I shouldn't have been so surprised about this. If you can find (and afford) a lawyer who is a great negotiator and cares nothing for laws or ethics, the world is your oyster.

I knew an old miner who habitually stole valuable equipment from mines. When he was finally caught, he hired a crooked lawyer and *successfully* counter sued the mine's owners. A year later, the lawyer was arrested for unrelated violations.

Look at the cult of Scientology. A while back, they successfully sued the IRS for tax exempt status... just a few short years after their highest ranking members were convicted of breaking into IRS and FBI offices to steal and fabricate documents.

The most utterly insane antics in a courtroom I have ever heard of come from India. Fairly recently, two of the Hindu gods were summoned as witnesses in a dispute involving religious property. The presiding judge, shocked that the deities never arrived to perform their civic duties, printed an ad in a major newspaper that more or less demanded the gods show up. You know how this ends.

Really, I can't make this up.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7132124.stm
chaos

United States

#47 Aug 28, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
<quoted text>
In retrospect, I shouldn't have been so surprised about this. If you can find (and afford) a lawyer who is a great negotiator and cares nothing for laws or ethics, the world is your oyster.
I knew an old miner who habitually stole valuable equipment from mines. When he was finally caught, he hired a crooked lawyer and *successfully* counter sued the mine's owners. A year later, the lawyer was arrested for unrelated violations.
Look at the cult of Scientology. A while back, they successfully sued the IRS for tax exempt status... just a few short years after their highest ranking members were convicted of breaking into IRS and FBI offices to steal and fabricate documents.
The most utterly insane antics in a courtroom I have ever heard of come from India. Fairly recently, two of the Hindu gods were summoned as witnesses in a dispute involving religious property. The presiding judge, shocked that the deities never arrived to perform their civic duties, printed an ad in a major newspaper that more or less demanded the gods show up. You know how this ends.
Really, I can't make this up.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7132124.stm
Well, I must say that's pretty tame compared to scientology. Utterly insane, but benign by comparison. And didn't they successfully sue some/one/organization/gov't for calling it a cult?(no, I don't think they'll be coming after you)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Webster Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear ABC committee 3 hr Epic fail 25
Whats the Story on Jerry Hamrick fired? 3 hr Key Puncher 3
Michelle Cox 12 hr Popcorn 33
they don't want you to know this big news 19 hr Meep 7
Face the FACTS Richwood Sat Lookout Mountain 34
What are they putting in Craigsville beside Col... Sat Title Information... 9
Mary Morrison (Feb '17) Sat Richwood wv 32

Webster Springs Jobs

Personal Finance

Webster Springs Mortgages