First Prev
of 8
Next Last
shame

Boiling Springs, SC

#1 Sep 13, 2011
I think it is shameful to ask Gate Cities number one fan to pass out your campaign papers. He is like the number one fan and was told by Gary Baker to pass out his campaign cards during Friday nights football game. GB made this young man promise him that he would pass these cards out. We all know we need him cheering on our football team, he does a great job at it and enjoys blue devil football. I felt very sorry that he did not enjoy the game, because he made a promise. GB if you are so ashamed to show your perverted face, then just forget about it. I say file thirteen with your cards and YOU. You should be ashamed of yourself, oh I guess you are. Pathetic.
why

Bluff City, TN

#2 Sep 14, 2011
why won't he show up to a GC football game himself? Shannon has been there.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Sep 14, 2011
What follows is nothing more or less than a summary of my personal experiences as a Christian, related about as honestly as I know how to do it. I’m not hoping for contributions, followers, or enlightenment, and I don’t claim it to be momentous or universal or significant to anyone but me. But it is genuine. I was raised from my infancy by deeply religious people, surrounded by a family full of Baptist preachers, deacons and missionaries. I myself was baptized, as well as I can recall, at about the age of ten.
I can remember being struck by the fact that everyone around me at the time – and I do mean everyone – kept telling me that what I had just experienced was the most important event of my life, and that everything else I would ever do would shrink to insignificance alongside it. I was receiving the power of the Lord. It was a special time for me.

Location hidden

#4 Sep 14, 2011
Well, I enjoyed all the attention, as any kid would, but I remember wondering: Why don’t I feel any different, myself? I thought about my attitudes, my perceptions, the circumstances of my life, and I couldn’t think of a single thing that was any different, now that I was one with Jesus. No matter how hard I tried to find something new and meaningful, there was nothing. It was a hollow, empty, and lonely sensation, and surprisingly so. It was not what I had expected at all.
I concluded after a time that I must not be doing something right. Everyone around me seemed so confident and secure in their faith and mine so tenuous in comparison, I felt left out. The shortcoming, I decided, must be mine. I must be missing something.
I resolved to try harder. I devoted myself to Bible study and prayer. I sensed that everyone around me would be horrified if I were to express any of these reservations I was feeling, so I kept them to myself. I suppressed them, and did my best to forget them altogether.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 14, 2011
The years went by and I attended services regularly but somehow I never quite shook the uneasy sense, in the back of my mind, that I had never truly felt the presence of a transcendent being – Jesus, God, or anyone at all.
I remained outwardly compliant, but inwardly I began to feel isolated and as much as I tried to banish this feeling, it persisted. As I reached adulthood it intensified until I became aware that, despite my best efforts, it was not going to go way. More troubling still was the bulk of doubts I began to feel about matters of doctrine. I began to doubt, among many other things, the true value of grace.
But I tried to put these issues out of my mind. What I was doing, of course, was not avoiding a crisis but merely postponing it When it finally arrived it hit so suddenly, it startled me. I learned early on that I, as a rather perceptive and articulate kid, wielded the power of language. I was able to wound someone deeply with a well-timed and chosen, derisive remark. I’m ashamed to say that I flung these about, at an early stage of my life, freely and easily. These thoughtless barbs of mine were the cause of a lot of needless pain. I believe they were the greatest sins of my commission, ever.
tdra

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Sep 14, 2011
My options, it seemed to me, were as follows:
1. Come clean with everyone and confess my innermost doubts, to admit that I had searched diligently but in vain over the years for some evidence of an impact that Jesus had had upon my life. Or
2. Make something up. I could, I was certain, blather something about a luminous presence, something affecting every aspect of my life and making it better. In short, I could lie.
Lying seemed the easiest solution, and it tempted me. But it occurred to me – to whom would I be lying? Jesus? Am I honestly contemplating an attempt to con Jesus?
Then I thought, Who is it that I’ve been deceiving for the last ten years with this elaborate pretense, sitting here in this church? Who am I fooling? Jesus? God? My family? The congregation?
Myself?
Debra

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Sep 14, 2011
anyone can put anything on here that they want - my point is: we're all racing to our graves and in the end it doesn't matter anyways.
shame

Denver, NC

#8 Sep 14, 2011
tdra wrote:
My options, it seemed to me, were as follows:
1. Come clean with everyone and confess my innermost doubts, to admit that I had searched diligently but in vain over the years for some evidence of an impact that Jesus had had upon my life. Or
2. Make something up. I could, I was certain, blather something about a luminous presence, something affecting every aspect of my life and making it better. In short, I could lie.
Lying seemed the easiest solution, and it tempted me. But it occurred to me – to whom would I be lying? Jesus? Am I honestly contemplating an attempt to con Jesus?
Then I thought, Who is it that I’ve been deceiving for the last ten years with this elaborate pretense, sitting here in this church? Who am I fooling? Jesus? God? My family? The congregation?
Myself?
Thanks for the testamony Gary. But you forgot to add that you were also deceiving the voters that voted You in as C of R. Talk to your God first and then seek the help of your preacher and your fellow deacons. It will help you to confess your sins. But if you don't Come out publically then you are extremely lost, in more ways than one. People are wanted the truth and I think You should be a Godly man and fess up Gary Boy!
Debra

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Sep 14, 2011
shame wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the testamony Gary. But you forgot to add that you were also deceiving the voters that voted You in as C of R. Talk to your God first and then seek the help of your preacher and your fellow deacons. It will help you to confess your sins. But if you don't Come out publically then you are extremely lost, in more ways than one. People are wanted the truth and I think You should be a Godly man and fess up Gary Boy!
Sorry dude. That isn't his post.
shame

Denver, NC

#10 Sep 15, 2011
Debra wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude. That isn't his post.
How do you know? If It is him or not are you with him all the time?
Saddened

Gate City, VA

#11 Sep 15, 2011
TDRA, When the Apostle Paul met Christ on the Damascus Road, he had no doubt who had spoken. Paul did not have to be told that he had just experienced the most important event in his life--he knew that deeply and personally. When we really accept Christ as our Saviour, we don't have to be told that we are changed, we know that. Immediately. Just as Paul knew. None of us can change really change ourselves and we certainly can't fill the void in our lives that exists because the Jesus isn't there. Prayers for all who are confused and empty.
Debra

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Sep 15, 2011
Saddened wrote:
TDRA, When the Apostle Paul met Christ on the Damascus Road, he had no doubt who had spoken. Paul did not have to be told that he had just experienced the most important event in his life--he knew that deeply and personally. When we really accept Christ as our Saviour, we don't have to be told that we are changed, we know that. Immediately. Just as Paul knew. None of us can change really change ourselves and we certainly can't fill the void in our lives that exists because the Jesus isn't there. Prayers for all who are confused and empty.
Thank you for your prayers. You seem like a good hearted person.
Debra

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Sep 15, 2011
shame wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? If It is him or not are you with him all the time?
I said that isn't his post. It's mine.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 15, 2011
lín shí bào fuó ji&#462;o

“Leaning Towards The Middle”

Eaton, Ohio

#15 Sep 15, 2011
Saddened wrote:
blah blah blah
heard

United States

#16 Sep 15, 2011
Heard Mr Baker got caught with his pants down and the very young girl just had his jacket on. What kind of Christmas parties does he have in commissioners office. Doesn't surprise me after reading the "papers ".
Debra

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Sep 15, 2011
heard wrote:
Heard Mr Baker got caught with his pants down and the very young girl just had his jacket on. What kind of Christmas parties does he have in commissioners office. Doesn't surprise me after reading the "papers ".
Ha Ha Ha...can't you come up with something better than this with your creative mind??? Come on, think!!!

Location hidden

#18 Sep 15, 2011
not very original is it. same ole smear campaign.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19 Sep 15, 2011
it's gettin real boaring
more

United States

#20 Sep 16, 2011
You read it and know it and reply to it. Cause you love the truth. Come on keep it going. Hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weber City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veterans Admin Bristol Clinic 11 hr Frank 3
what happened to Officer Buchanan? 11 hr curious 1
Donald Trump aint our guy (Sep '15) Thu Cream puff 14
Hottest gals at WCYB (Apr '14) Thu Cream puff 41
Alpha natural Resources Layoffs (Apr '15) Thu Cream puff 31
houseright Thu Satan is a devil 14
Why is Wendys exit 7 closed? (Jan '13) Thu Biggie Size 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weber City Mortgages