First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Democracy Lives On

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2012
If the recall was held today, who would you like to see appointed to the City Council?
Blah Blah Blah

North Richland Hills, TX

#3 Nov 27, 2012
Democracy Lives On wrote:
If the recall was held today, who would you like to see appointed to the City Council?
ObamaN2012. He's the smartest man in the city. Just ask him. He'll tell you.
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#6 Nov 27, 2012
You assume a recall will be successful
Marty

United States

#10 Nov 28, 2012
ObamaN2012 wrote:
Has the City
At least 10 percent of those signing the petition must certify that they voted for the council members proposed to be recalled.
I'm sure Donald, Wily, Gandalf and W will certify to that.
That's the easy part. If they voted, there is a 70% chance they voted for the incumbents!
clarence

Dallas, TX

#11 Nov 28, 2012
I will be ringing the bell in front of Wal Mart on Dec. 8 to remember the rudeness of the Japanese at Pearl Harbor in 1941. If TM will bring her petition by there I will personally sign Pee Wee Herman's name to it.
And I will do it in the lotus position.

Since: Nov 12

United States

#13 Nov 29, 2012
I am here for a while to help with this effort so no need for you to keep your clock running. Time is up for your City Council
Watchdog member

Dallas, TX

#14 Nov 29, 2012
ListeningAttheDoor wrote:
I am here for a while to help with this effort so no need for you to keep your clock running. Time is up for your City Council
Good! This is a very good time to run such a petition. The city will have no other option but to call and election because it is an official election date. It does not matter whether any of the council members are due to meet an election or not. The folks who are planning to work this effort are on board as we speak. I am pleased toknow there are folks who can be dedicated to a serious effort.2389
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#15 Nov 29, 2012
Watchdog member wrote:
<quoted text>Good! This is a very good time to run such a petition. The city will have no other option but to call and election because it is an official election date. It does not matter whether any of the council members are due to meet an election or not. The folks who are planning to work this effort are on board as we speak. I am pleased toknow there are folks who can be dedicated to a serious effort.2389
All blow and no go

Irving, TX

#19 Nov 29, 2012
Could you give everyone the address again for the shop?

Irving, TX

#22 Nov 29, 2012
clarence wrote:
I will be ringing the bell in front of Wal Mart on Dec. 8 to remember the rudeness of the Japanese at Pearl Harbor in 1941. If TM will bring her petition by there I will personally sign Pee Wee Herman's name to it.
And I will do it in the lotus position.
Thank you Obama/MaryRose/Clarence but we will not obtain the petition for Recall of the Entire City Council of Weatherford, TX until a date after your Bell Ringing Day. LOL But I am sure you will look fabulous ringing the bell

Irving, TX

#23 Nov 29, 2012
You are such a riot!
Now, you knew the correct address and posted the correct address just yesterday but after she emailed you to tell you that you actually increased her sales by $800 a day with your post you decide to post other addresses?
Yeah, I know her, I am her legal adviser and you sir made a error by posting to the business MojoPages. You will be seeing me face to face and it will not be while you are ringing a bell in front of Walmart, the REAL Cheap Chinese Trinket Shop of Weatherford.
BTW, there was an interesting visitor to Mrs Maughan's lovely shop today. You may want to watch referring to her shop as anything less than a fine gift shop because you may just insult some of the fine women of Weatherford who shop with her.
Hold on to your hat, that is all that you may have left, Bob Q

Since: Sep 12

Weatherford, TX

#24 Nov 29, 2012
You are such a riot!
Now, you knew the correct address and posted the correct address just yesterday but after she emailed you to tell you that you actually increased her sales by $800 a day with your post you decide to post other addresses?
Yeah, I know her, I am her legal adviser and you sir made a error by posting to the business MojoPages. You will be seeing me face to face and it will not be while you are ringing a bell in front of Walmart, the REAL Cheap Chinese Trinket Shop of Weatherford.
BTW, there was an interesting visitor to Mrs Maughan's lovely shop today. You may want to watch referring to her shop as anything less than a fine gift shop because you may just insult some of the fine women of Weatherford who shop with her.
Hold on to your hat, that is all that you may have left, Bob Q
Are you speaking of yourself? I didn't see any cars there today - did they drop down from the sky or fly in on their brooms?
ruth s

Mansfield, TX

#27 Nov 29, 2012
I've been reading all your ugly comments about her shop. So I called some friends from church and we went shopping. We shopped at her cute boutique on the square like most of the women in Weatherford dd when it was on the square all those years. She always went out of her way to wait on us and help dress us. I can tell you that she and I were raised in the same sort of church and we are all ashamed of you for being so ugly to our sister. We and many others shop with Tani and because of your hatefulnss we will encourage others to shop with her. She has offered to teach us yoga at church and I we can do it. We will pray for you
Commerce

United States

#29 Nov 30, 2012
Yahoo2 wrote:
So, you said you want Weatherford businesses to grow. It would help tremendously if the powers that be would stop driving so many of them out of business. The person charged with developing the economic growth of our town believes the way businesses choose Weatherford is that they drive here and sit down in his plush office. It has never entered his uneducated, unlearned little brain to get up off his fat ass and ever go out and solicit corporations. Our little town is looking more and more like Ranger every day with the boarded up, closed businesses. I lay the responsibility for the demise of Weatherford’s growth squarely on the City Council and First National Bank. We have gone 180 degrees from the overall Texas economy simply because of their arrogance and lack of experience and learning about grown and development.
Oh really? Let's start a list of new business that have come to Weatherfotd im the last 10 years.

It's gonna be a long one.
Corporal

United States

#30 Nov 30, 2012
Yeah, I know her, I am her legal adviser........Bob Q
Ah, Tawni's defense attorney. Prob representing he in the libel and slander cases against the Swamcy family.

For her sake, hope you are a good one.
Commerce

United States

#32 Nov 30, 2012
Yahoo2 wrote:
. This town is more like Chicago than any place that I have seen. Corruption and fraud.
Or perhaps bad business model or business practice.

Weatherford, TX

#33 Nov 30, 2012
Yahoo2 wrote:
We have gone 180 degrees from the overall Texas economy simply because of their arrogance and lack of experience and learning about growth and development.
Sorry about the typo. As for new businesses, just take a look on the east side of the square. This town is more like Chicago than any place that I have seen. Corruption and fraud.
You can always move to what you consider a more desirable city - why stay here if it's so bad? Yaaahooo
clarice

Dallas, TX

#36 Nov 30, 2012
Our economic development director (who by anyone's definition is not "fat") has a degree in architecture. Tm, you would have a stroke even trying to spell that. My list for new businesses in the last 20 years is at 75 and climbing. But I'm sure those don't meet your criteria because most of them have a working business plan. A half a block of property on the east side of the square does not constitute a ghost town environment. I'll bet your GED certificate it is developed in the next two years. Pardon me for saying, but the empty storefronts compare favorably to your handwritten marketing effort on the windows of your former poolhall on south main.
How does a 3% real estate growth in the last four years in our county compute to "Ranger"? Check with any realtor, they are desparate for homes to sell to the people wanting to relocate here.
And the Salvation Army doesn't give me a choice where they put their pots to collect money for homeless people. They choose the highest traffic area in town. Yes, they choose the foreign trinket shop that actually makes money. Not the one where the cobwebs flourish.
Why do you belittle and criticize everything and everybody? Sure, we all could second guess local boards, but everything?
Watchdog member

Dallas, TX

#37 Nov 30, 2012
clarice wrote:
Our economic development director (who by anyone's definition is not "fat") has a degree in architecture. Tm, you would have a stroke even trying to spell that. My list for new businesses in the last 20 years is at 75 and climbing. But I'm sure those don't meet your criteria because most of them have a working business plan. A half a block of property on the east side of the square does not constitute a ghost town environment. I'll bet your GED certificate it is developed in the next two years. Pardon me for saying, but the empty storefronts compare favorably to your handwritten marketing effort on the windows of your former poolhall on south main.
How does a 3% real estate growth in the last four years in our county compute to "Ranger"? Check with any realtor, they are desparate for homes to sell to the people wanting to relocate here.
And the Salvation Army doesn't give me a choice where they put their pots to collect money for homeless people. They choose the highest traffic area in town. Yes, they choose the foreign trinket shop that actually makes money. Not the one where the cobwebs flourish.
Why do you belittle and criticize everything and everybody? Sure, we all could second guess local boards, but everything?
Where did you come up with this name Ms. Phelps? More than a little defensive aren't you? Better just tend to defending your own little kingdom at the city. It is really on shaky ground as well. No one said that no businesses had come, just how much grief they had to put up with to open up one here. The square does need help and the south east corner is a disgrace. That property company out of Dallas does not care what it looks like and they will not do any more than they have to clean up it's appearance. That is the city's fault for allowing them to get away with their actions.

Weatherford, TX

#41 Nov 30, 2012
Yahoo2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And where else would amyone find as many really stupid monkies all in one place.
And you are included as one of the stupid monkeys!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weatherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power to the People 5 hr Bill Moylan 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 18 Fart Smoke 633
Iris Show - Johnson County - April 18 Apr 17 Carol G 1
Freedom of speech Apr 17 Bill Moylan 1
Are You Taxed Enough Already? Apr 12 Parker 4
Santa Fe grill and sports bar Apr 8 drfjr58 2
Divorce Apr 7 drfjr58 2
More from around the web

Weatherford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]