Charter changes
Weatherford Needs

Grand Prairie, TX

#1 Jan 21, 2013
RECALL ALL the Weatherford City Council.

Support!Paper Ballots for All City of Weatherford elections.

OPEN Meeting for all Weatherford City Council and any City of Weatheaford appointed boards and committees.

Repeal of the five (5) Weatherford City Charter amendments of the 2008 election

Election of the City of Weatherford Finiance Director, Weatherford City Sec, City of Weatherford Municapal Judge to four (4) years term and limited to two (2) terms.

The Weatherford City Council to be composed of:
A Mayor whose term shall be limite to one (1) four (4)
term.
Weatherford City Council Pace 1 and 2 term will be a four (4) year term and a individual will be limited to serve one (1) term.
Weatherford City Council Place 3 and 4 term will be a two (2) year term, a individual can serve will be limited to two (2) terms.

An individual can serve a limit of 6 years on the Weatherford City Council. Afer 6 years of service that individual can not be elected for four (4) years. That individual may elect to serve on any board or committee of the City of Weatherford and must be appointed to that board or committee. The Individual can serve using such election for the four (4) years not able to be elected.
Specila election must be called to fill terms of vacant positions except of vacant position of less than six (6) months to the end of that term. That seat will remain open.
Max

United States

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Does any city anywhere elect their finance manager and/or city secretary?
Rutherford

Dallas, TX

#3 Jan 21, 2013
Put me down for no, it already is an open meeting, no repeal of amendments, no to changes in terms, and no to your other suggestions.
How's that?
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#4 Jan 21, 2013
AnD what city did you copy this fromAnd elect finance dir ridiculous and last time I attended the meetings they were all open to public the losers of last election have trouble with facts why are they trying to get on concil is there some personal benefit they are after none of them contribute to any group here with time or money you never see them at events supporting the commUnity all they want to do is waste tax dollars with recalls and more elections shameful
answer

Grand Prairie, TX

#5 Jan 21, 2013
Max wrote:
Does any city anywhere elect their finance manager and/or city secretary?
Yes. Houston Tx
answer

Grand Prairie, TX

#6 Jan 21, 2013
Rutherford wrote:
Put me down for no, it already is an open meeting, no repeal of amendments, no to changes in terms, and no to your other suggestions.
How's that?
So you are full of NO. Ok
answer

Grand Prairie, TX

#7 Jan 21, 2013
Rutherford wrote:
How's that?
Not all meeting are OPEN METTING, Exective Sessions.
An Individual can attend City Council work sessions but can not make any comments. Only the city staff can give comments. By the time of the open session, the ccouncil has made up it mind base on the city Staff. We are the one paying the bills so why should we not be able to comment when it counts?
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#8 Jan 21, 2013
answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all meeting are OPEN METTING, Exective Sessions.
An Individual can attend City Council work sessions but can not make any comments. Only the city staff can give comments. By the time of the open session, the ccouncil has made up it mind base on the city Staff. We are the one paying the bills so why should we not be able to comment when it counts?
Becaus you don't understand anything and twis facts
Rutherford

Dallas, TX

#9 Jan 21, 2013
There are specific rules on Executive Sessions. They are necessary in doing business. They don't want your opinion on every little thing in town because you have crazy ideas that the majority of the citizens don't want. Remember the vote totals? It was overwhelming.
answer

Grand Prairie, TX

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Rutherford wrote:
There are specific rules on Executive Sessions. They are necessary in doing business. They don't want your opinion on every little thing in town because you have crazy ideas that the majority of the citizens don't want. Remember the vote totals? It was overwhelming.
You are very narrow minded. Houston Tc by charter does not allow Exective sessions. No Closed Meeting do city business. The only reason for having an exective seesion is to hid from the public.
answer

Grand Prairie, TX

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Rutherford wrote:
Rules for exective sessions yes, but the Weatherford City Council does follow them.
answer

Grand Prairie, TX

#12 Jan 21, 2013
1reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Becaus you don't understand anything and twis facts
No, I understan the rules for exective sissions better than you.
Houston, tx by charater requires all meeting where the city business is talk about to be open to the public.
And your point, the city council does not want comments from the public is what is the problem.
Max

United States

#13 Jan 21, 2013
answer wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I understan the rules for exective sissions better than you.
Houston, tx by charater requires all meeting where the city business is talk about to be open to the public.
And your point, the city council does not want comments from the public is what is the problem.
I call your bluff. You mean to tell me the city of Houston opening discusses pending litigation, potential real estate transactions and personnel issues in public meetings??? B v
Gobi

Weatherford, TX

#14 Jan 21, 2013
I call BS.
Clarence

Dallas, TX

#16 Jan 22, 2013
smells like teen spirit
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#17 Jan 22, 2013
The losers of the last election who never proposed any ideas except spending tax dollars to promoter theire campaign, thinks the changes suggested apparentlyb following Houston, of all places is what our town needs. They must think this woul help them get elected.NOT electing a finance director is the most idiotic thing they have come up with. Failures all the way
Marty

Dallas, TX

#18 Jan 23, 2013
Ok, if TM failed to get the required number of sigs for recall and the deadline has passed, can we please stop the RECALL posts?
You guys are worse than Al Gore whining about "hanging chads" and "stolen elections."
It's in the past, get over it.
History

Grand Prairie, TX

#19 Jan 23, 2013
You need to go the new thread 'Houston Texas Open Meeting.

Even a stupid like Sid Johnon can ook it up on line.
hello

Grand Prairie, TX

#20 Jan 23, 2013
Marty wrote:
Ok, if TM failed to get the required number of sigs for recall and the deadline has passed, can we please stop the RECALL posts?
You guys are worse than Al Gore whining about "hanging chads" and "stolen elections."
It's in the past, get over it.
But Tm has not presented a petition for signature, yet.
Where is their any "delines for filing recall petitions.

RECALL ALL the Weatherford City Council.
I am

Grand Prairie, TX

#22 Jan 23, 2013
Tawni Lies wrote:
<quoted text>
Tawni posted that she has abandoned her attempt to recall council. If you knew Tawni you would know that.
I know Tawni faily well and the last I heard from her was it is an ongoing project.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weatherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Sep 21 GTown Guru 46
What new businesses would you like (Jul '12) Aug '17 Createaline 17
News Texas has many Confederate memorials in rural a... Aug '17 Texan 3
Tiany Schuster on a leash just named droped you... Aug '17 Name dropping Tiany 1
News Ex-police chief arrested again (Sep '07) Aug '17 S and C Underwood 21
News Authorities: Texas mom left 2 kids in hot car a... Jun '17 Texan 2
Any solution for loud bass music blarin from ca... Jun '17 Texan 2

Weatherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weatherford Mortgages