Next Last
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#2 Jan 28, 2013
Billy billy Billy
Clarence

Dallas, TX

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Nothing like being off by 3 1/2 weeks on the Alamo siege billy.
Let's revisit on February 23 how bout it?
I'll meet you at Crockett Elementary if you're not too offended. Or Bowie, or Travis.
Clarence

Dallas, TX

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Which school is named after former city councilman James Hamilton?
I find it totally acceptable to name something after such fine superintendents as Joe Tison and Raymond Curtis. Why not?
Citizen

Lockhart, TX

#9 Jan 28, 2013
Yahoo2 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are still alive.
Mr. Curtis is not alive.

Both of these men have accomplished more, and are much more honorable than you, Mr Moylan.
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#11 Jan 28, 2013
Never heard anyone say Curtis or Tison were heroes but many many people here recognize their influence on generations here. Positive impact on lives of many something you can't understand obviously such a shame
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#14 Jan 28, 2013
Yahoo2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if they are so great why do they have to still be alive to have they names put before the children as examples. Examples not just on schools, but other things as well. Is Tison in the same category with George Washington, Sam Adams, or Sam Houston? I sure as hell don’t think so, I debated the man and saw him attempt to stack the deck with the radio broadcaster.
To claim such great intelligence you have trouble comprehending what you read. As pointed out Curtis is dead, but nobody said they were heroes it has nothing to do with that people are honored for their influence and impact on a community, something you will never be noted for and you did nothing to Tison at any debate you don't know what the issues are
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#15 Jan 28, 2013
Yahoo2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My duty and honor is not yours to judge, I am not the issue. The issue is the quality of people they are choosing to set up as examples for history. Stop in at Texas Butane and find some true heroes your leaders have chosen to ignore. It’s all in the books.
I just sent in the photo of one hero that nobody matches. Topix should be showing it tomorrow.
Did you buy the book or just look at the pictures that's not a library you know
Smitty

Lockhart, TX

#17 Jan 28, 2013
Let me warn you right now Moylan. Not one negative word about Mr. Curtis and not one ounce of disrespect for him.

Got it?
Clarence

Dallas, TX

#21 Jan 29, 2013
So you memorized the names of the Iwo Jima flag posers.
Facist.
You think the only people worthy of recognition are soldiers?
You soil the honor of the truly heroic members of our community. We have plenty of vets in this town who were tested under fire. Not just guard dogs in their little guard-dog houses.
Smitty

Lockhart, TX

#22 Jan 29, 2013
Yahoo2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so now you want to play Hitler and control freedom of speech. Obviously you must be an advisor to the Weatherford city council.
As long as you got it.
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#23 Jan 29, 2013
Billy billy billy why if you are so smart do you continue to fail to understand the difference between historical heroes and community leaders . Community leaders who have by positive example influenced the lives of many. Must be because you have done nothing to serve the local community with volunteering or any other way. You give nothing but allegations and name calling why would the good citizens listen to you or want you as mayor you have never exhibited concern for the CommUnity only disdain. name one positive idea to benefit the citizens have you provided. Name calling doesn't count. :)
reader2

Dallas, TX

#24 Jan 29, 2013
1reader wrote:
Billy billy billy why if you are so smart do you continue to fail to understand the difference between historical heroes and community leaders . Community leaders who have by positive example influenced the lives of many. Must be because you have done nothing to serve the local community with volunteering or any other way. You give nothing but allegations and name calling why would the good citizens listen to you or want you as mayor you have never exhibited concern for the CommUnity only disdain. name one positive idea to benefit the citizens have you provided. Name calling doesn't count.:)
You are so full of it.
Who decides who a community leader is?
As for Joe Tison, do want to go into his, NOT so good backgroung.
By the way I would watch myself, you find yourself in "quicksand".
Pick One

Lockhart, TX

#25 Jan 29, 2013
reader2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of it.
Who decides who a community leader is?
As for Joe Tison, do want to go into his, NOT so good backgroung.
By the way I would watch myself, you find yourself in "quicksand".
Ummmmm, the community? And they have spoken LOUDLY are least twice. That is as for Moylan Maughan Stokes and Yeary.

Just one as far as Matthews
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#26 Jan 29, 2013
They can't name ONE positive thing do e to benefit the citizens. All they can do is resort to name calling and changing subject, again proof why the losers of the last election lost yet again
A thought

Dallas, TX

#29 Jan 29, 2013
Yahoo2 wrote:
And now it has been quite a while since the new photo popped up on this board and nobody has yet made mention of who he actually was. Who and what he was is someone worthy of honor and remembrance. Someone who is worthy of the accolades of future generations. But I’d be willing to bet that not one of the teachers Tison was supposedly leading ever showed and told the children about that man.
Can you figure out Why he was NOT mentioned by "his" Staff.
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#30 Jan 29, 2013
Billy billy what have yUo done for this town. You are very good atdversion, lacking in responding
Here we go again

Lockhart, TX

#32 Jan 29, 2013
Yahoo2 wrote:
Now be gone and don’t bother me. A man just called who is writing a book about my aunt and my brother has referred him to me for in-depth details. I’ll gladly tell him what I know, but I will also tell him that she was not the role model whom I chose for my daughters. Although first generation legal immigrant, her life, though famous at the time, was not something I wanted them to emulate. I chose my own and their own mothers as role models.
Oh, a fiction book
Nameless

Lockhart, TX

#33 Jan 29, 2013
Yahoo2 wrote:
Now be gone and don’t bother me. A man just called who is writing a book about my aunt and my brother has referred him to me for in-depth details. I’ll gladly tell him what I know, but I will also tell him that she was not the role model whom I chose for my daughters. Although first generation legal immigrant, her life, though famous at the time, was not something I wanted them to emulate. I chose my own and their own mothers as role models.
And she did what?
Clarence

Dallas, TX

#35 Jan 29, 2013
Join us tomorrow for another chapter of...
As Bill's World Turns.

Fascinating.
Drivel.
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#36 Jan 29, 2013
With all his intellect, famous relatives, contacts around the world, can't help but wonder why billy boy lives in this pitiful town full of uneducated bobbleheds who won't listen to him even though he knows what is best for us . When is the movie producer coming to interview you billy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weatherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massive Development Will Add 50,000 People to F... Aug 5 Carson 1
Weatherford public library Jul 29 Disgusted 1
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Jul '16 Hahaha 40
Parker County makes national news IN A GOOD WAY! Jul '16 drfjr58 1
Jan Bangert Barton Mar 31, 1951 - Jun 24, 2016 Jul '16 WeatherfordLady 1
Who will join a homeschool group here in Weathe... (Nov '08) Jun '16 WeatherfordLady 27
Hi Jun '16 Guest 1

Weatherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weatherford Mortgages