Ex-police chief arrested again

Sep 15, 2007 Full story: A liberal dose 18

“He appeared to be intoxicated”

GRANBURY -- A former Granbury police chief has been arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and of driving while intoxicated since being indicted on charges of removing prescription medication from a Hood County Sheriff's Department evidence locker.

Bruce Espin faces one count of diversion of a controlled substance for personal use and one count of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud or misrepresentation.

'I'm just heartbroken,' Sheriff Gene Mayo said. 'He has served this county for 25 years.' Read more

Full Story
LocalGovWatch

Nashville, TN

#1 Sep 18, 2007
Dude is having a real bad month. Stories like this at Local Government Watch. http://localgovwatch.blogspot.com/search...
user

United States

#2 Sep 19, 2007
Really bad month.
Bobbi Mansfield

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Sep 24, 2007
Bruce is an amazing man that has fallen down a bad path! He helped my family durning a horriable time when no one else seemed to care!! Bruce May God Bless you and may you find your way back!!!
Mark Espin

Vancouver, WA

#4 Sep 26, 2007
Having a bad month is no excuse. We all have a responsibility in life. No one knows him like the family, I could see this coming. I wish the best, but no one can help him, buy himself.
Mark Espin

Vancouver, WA

#5 Sep 26, 2007
only by himself
Rob Bird

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#6 Dec 13, 2007
I've known Bruce since he and I were 12 in Louisville, KY. He served admirably in the US Army. He is a great brother that sinned. Any of you not sinned? Good guy - Let It Be!!!
Shannon Lefevre

United States

#7 Jun 30, 2008
Bruce and I went through Leadership Granbury together. He may be having a bad month but he's still a stand up guy. Whatever's going on Bruce, I know you'll shake it. Hang in there buddy it will all work out and you have alot of people pulling for you!!!
Wade Childs Overseas

Albania

#8 Jul 1, 2008
Bruce, Stand up,
Residents of Granbury please remember that the good book says "he who is without sin cast the first stone".. I remember how much you Bruce for me,over the last 20 years...and what it took for you to do it and there is a tomorrow in all of this...
You know who is the Great Creator and he knows his son,..
It is so very easy for folks to say WOW, I say deal with it and move on.
I will always be here for you,and so will he that Created you
Former Granbury Officer

United States

#9 Jan 22, 2009
Bruce Espin is in no way a stand-up guy, leader, or as he has lived for many years "Above The Law". I will be the first to admit that on first impression Bruce is very impressive, but in hindsite what impresses me the most is how he managed to con an entire department, and community. I was an officer that was asked to put my ass on the line many times for Bruce, and the city of Granbury, and I am sorry that I did. Bruce you got exactly what you deserved, Karma is a bitch.
former resident

United States

#10 Jun 20, 2009
Former Granbury Officer wrote:
Bruce Espin is in no way a stand-up guy, leader, or as he has lived for many years "Above The Law". I will be the first to admit that on first impression Bruce is very impressive, but in hindsite what impresses me the most is how he managed to con an entire department, and community. I was an officer that was asked to put my ass on the line many times for Bruce, and the city of Granbury, and I am sorry that I did. Bruce you got exactly what you deserved, Karma is a bitch.
Would you contact me? aroden62@hotmail.com
I have a son who got into some trouble in Hood County when Sheriff Mayo was "running" the show with Bruce. I want to ask you some questions as I am desparetly working on my son's case.
Thanks, A Roden
Jeff Friddle

Lexington, KY

#11 May 23, 2010
Drug addiction is an illness that needs to be treated.I see a lot of jugemental people on here w/ seems heartless! Ill be praying for u my brother.Wish I new how to get in touch.Godbless Bruce,U r loved!Ill also be praying for u judgers! Oh and thanks for ur service to our country Mr. Espin.
Jeff Friddle

Lexington, KY

#12 May 23, 2010
to the FORMER popo. Why did u become a cop? To get away w/ stuff u could'nt otherwise.U all live above the law dude!Dont even try to say u dont and yeah Karma and the people who use the word like u do r cornballs
Former Deputy

Killeen, TX

#13 Jun 22, 2010
Bruce is a crook and manipulator. They knew about his drug problem for 6 months before, that he was mishandling evidence. He enjoyed the protection from the sheriff. I can Say that because I turned his ass in and got fired for it. Now he and Mr. Mayo have criminal charges on their records. Karma is a bitch there boys
Granbury 88

Irving, TX

#14 Jan 3, 2011
They are not the first in granbury
Granbury 88

Irving, TX

#15 Jan 3, 2011
back in the late 80s 2 former cops were caught taking drugs from offenders and selling them back to other users, because I saw them
TJT

Granbury, TX

#16 Jul 1, 2011
All of you that are standing behind this "out standing officer" are complete MORONS!!! If it were just some random person off the street u would all be cheering to have their asses put away. He needs to be treated like every other drug or alcohal abuser in granbury. LIKE SHIT!!! he deserves every bit of the third degree and NOTHING LESS!!!
Regulator

Pearland, TX

#17 Oct 31, 2011
Granbury 88 wrote:
back in the late 80s 2 former cops were caught taking drugs from offenders and selling them back to other users, because I saw them
what many may not know but back in the 80's there was two brothers running the show at the S.O. Larry and Berry Carter. They as well were crooked to a degree of holding a gun to an 17 year olds head playing Russian Roulette in order to get him to set up other kids with drugs they seized on the streets. This is but the tip of the iceberg. Then Sheriff Edwin T. was the fall guy for there activity, and guess who was working at the P.D. Bruce Espin who I myself witnessed him drop drugs into a car only to have a reason to arrest the subject. Make no mistake there was a cover up with Bruce at the S.O. from Guns to Drugs to lies I myself witnessed. I could write a book with all i have seen in this town!!!!!!!
family

Seymour, IN

#18 Feb 28, 2013
Bruce also claims to be a Hit or was for the Airian Brother Hood wounder how many people he has hurt emotional and pyscaly? Pay back is Hell one day He will pay for his actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weatherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
inguinal hernia surgery Thu drfjr58 11
Review: Trena's Toys Feb 22 Darlene Watson 1
Review: Texas RV Outlet Superstore Feb 11 ericturner 1
Review: All Terrain Survey Group (Jun '13) Feb 10 ALS husband 3
Debate: Marijuana - Granbury, TX (Aug '10) Feb 7 Cynthia P 25
Hale and Associates in Town Feb 5 drfjr58 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Farts 614

Weatherford News Video

Weatherford Dating
Find my Match