To Each According To Their Needs

Posted in the Weatherford Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#1 May 6, 2012
Studying for my economics degree, I spent a great deal of time on everything from Hagel to Mao as they tried to brainwash us in the liberal ideology. Fortunately, my years in the Marine Corps had exposed me to a totally different world and the dichotomy shielded me. There are times, however, when the “from each, to each” doctrine rears it’s head.

Today was just such a day. I was on far north main street looking for the best bar-b-que in town. They were closed, so I took a right turn to head back to town. Suddenly I see these kids swinging on the same swing I grew up with, a chain suspended from metal bars over dirt. As I looked, there was a sign reading “Marshall Park”. That was it, the swing, the sign, and dirt.

I cannot help but compare that poverty of Marshall Park to the opulence of Holland Lake Park. I have long held the belief that our town leaders were showing preference to the wealth part of town, but I had always thought it was only in the way they maintained the roads. Obviously that is not the case. It is past time the citizens of Weatherford got and even handed, fair, and honest government.

Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#2 May 6, 2012
I just finished going to both Holland Lake and Marshall parks and talking with citizens at both locations. Naturally enough the Holland Lake bunch were very happy with the ballparks, slides swings, pool fountain, etc., etc., etc.

The Marshall Park folks were not near as happy.

I cannot help but wonder if we have a case of malfeasance on the part of our city council?
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#3 May 7, 2012
Well I suppose this board condones taking from the many to give to the elite. I do not. Marshall Park is a disgrace to our citizens and our town. The poor of our town deserve more, not less as the three stooges have been doing.

Malfeasance - wrongdoing or misconduct especially by a public official
Itsallaconspirac y

Weatherford, TX

#4 May 7, 2012
Is Love Street park in a "nice" area? Pretty nice park if you ask me. It looks like you would find something to complain about even if everything was perfect.
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#5 May 7, 2012
Itsallaconspiracy wrote:
Is Love Street park in a "nice" area? Pretty nice park if you ask me. It looks like you would find something to complain about even if everything was perfect.
I didn't ask you and it looks like you missed another opportunity to shut up.
Op2mist

United States

#6 May 7, 2012
Bill Moylan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you and it looks like you missed another opportunity to shut up.
Spoken like a true civic leader.
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#7 May 7, 2012
Op2mist wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true civic leader.
If you want someone who speaks double talk, go to the three Stooges, Hooks, Hamilton, and Swancy. I only speak straight talk.
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#8 May 8, 2012
And now we can cut to the chase. Our city leaders, elected and hired both, have long been prejudiced against the lesser blessed, i.e. the poor. The proof of that statement is very clear in the two parks, Holland and Marshall. I challenge you to get off your asses and go see both parks. Holland has multiple stone markers to show the way off of Santa Fe Drive. Marshall has a crappy metal sign off Elm Street. Go see for yourself.

But this issue is bigger than just parks. Our citizens in north Weatherford are deprived of grocery stores, drug stores, restaurants, most of the amenities we south of those railroad tracks take for granted. Some cannot even afford transportation and walk carrying their daily groceries.

We pay the city manager and economic development manager a comparatively large amount of money to care for our entire city. They are not doing their jobs sitting in their plush offices and driving their reimbursed vehicles. The city council is not doing their job at all with their continues pandering to the rich.

What the three stooges, Hooks, Hamilton, and Swancy, have build is the makings of a very, very bad protest. In my earlier life, the State Department and Marine Corps taught me how to control riots and demonstrations. It is not a pretty thing and I hope that I never have to use that training to protect my own home.

Vote for Bill Moylan for mayor, Joan Stokes and Tawni Maughan for council and bring some equality back to our town.
Old Timer

Sachse, TX

#9 May 8, 2012
Bill: Are you nuts or what. we have stores and where they choose to locate is based on their stats. You are as crazy as a locked up goat. Get a grip, you have no idea do you. I was operating on the assumption that you liked spilling out lies and crap but the truth is you do not have a clue.
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#10 May 8, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
Bill: Are you nuts or what. we have stores and where they choose to locate is based on their stats. You are as crazy as a locked up goat. Get a grip, you have no idea do you. I was operating on the assumption that you liked spilling out lies and crap but the truth is you do not have a clue.
Good try ole fool, but no banana. The abatements work rather well in encouraging what and where things are located.
Ben

Weatherford, TX

#11 May 8, 2012
Bill Moylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good try ole fool, but no banana. The abatements work rather well in encouraging what and where things are located.
That's all WR need. More tax abstements
Do you support this concept?
Old Timer

United States

#12 May 8, 2012
Bill: Tax abatements means higher taxes for us. Do you really support the citizens supporting big business? I don't want to pay anymore for big business, they are stealing us blind already. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income along with my neighbors and we can not afford more taxes. Support Mr. Hooks who Supports the citizens and not big business.
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#13 May 8, 2012
Liar, liar, panties on fire.
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#14 May 8, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
Bill: Tax abatements means higher taxes for us. Do you really support the citizens supporting big business? I don't want to pay anymore for big business, they are stealing us blind already. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income along with my neighbors and we can not afford more taxes. Support Mr. Hooks who Supports the citizens and not big business.
Oh really. What do you call their hundred million delusion of grandeur? Try convention center. Support Hooks and pay until the great great grandchildren must pay.
Concerned Resident

Mansfield, TX

#15 May 8, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
Why support Hooks, Hamilton, Swancy, They have voted for tax abatenents.
Hamilton voted
for the BIG one for Lowes and Targert. Lowes to refund 25% the sale taxes, collercted for 10 years upto $1 mil and Targert, 50% ypto $2 mil. Interesting what you don't know.
Taxed

Euless, TX

#16 May 8, 2012
Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Why support Hooks, Hamilton, Swancy, They have voted for tax abatenents.
Hamilton voted
for the BIG one for Lowes and Targert. Lowes to refund 25% the sale taxes, collercted for 10 years upto $1 mil and Targert, 50% ypto $2 mil. Interesting what you don't know.
Um as I read this, Moylan is advocating tax abstements for big business.
This Happened

Dallas, TX

#17 May 8, 2012
Hamilton was on the Tison council when they were in such a big hurry to give, Target, Lowes and all the rest a generous tax abatement they did not make sure the whole properties were in the city limits. Guess what? 11 acres of the whole mess was not and the rocket scientists on the council had to have an emergency annexation of the property to cover up their stuid mistake. By the way the buildings were finished and the tax abatement had already been awarded to business who were not in the city limits. That was sure hushed up as much as they could. The soap opera has just continues on nonstop. Don't you just love their work? Wonder what other surprises will be comming to light when they are not in place to canceal them? By the way former mayor Tison is still monkeying around in city government behind the closed door meetings. The mumble from his is "I want to protect my legacy". Silly insn't he?
Concerned Resident

Mansfield, TX

#18 May 8, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
So Hooks, Hamilton and Swancy can "saddle" the taxpayer's/residents of Weatherford with another $100+ mil in bond to build Heritage Park and the equine/convention center. And then remember that they are using Johnson & Johnson to improve the uitilities, remember these three set on the Uitility Board, for MORE millions of dollars which will be paid be utility rate increases on the utility customer's bill. Support the changllers.
Bill Moylan

Weatherford, TX

#19 May 8, 2012
Taxed wrote:
<quoted text>
Um as I read this, Moylan is advocating tax abstements for big business.
First of all it is abatements. Now, Moylan is an economics engineer with massive experience selling to large corporations. It is called negotiations and you definitely do not give away the assets for a minor return. Each and every negotiation involves give and take. The difference between me and the three Stooges, Hooks, Hamilton, and swancey, is called experience. I watched while the Lowes deal was made and could not help but laugh and cry for our future. These clowns belong on a used car lot that pays a salary rather than commissions.- hope they can find one after we kick their butts.
Saddened

Weatherford, TX

#20 May 8, 2012
Mickey Mouse could run for council and after reading all this jibberish from the challengers, I would vote for Mickey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weatherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr Farting 641
Debate: Marijuana - Granbury, TX (Aug '10) May 2 hmm 29
Power to the People Apr 20 Bill Moylan 1
Iris Show - Johnson County - April 18 Apr 17 Carol G 1
Freedom of speech Apr 17 Bill Moylan 1
Are You Taxed Enough Already? Apr 12 Parker 4
Santa Fe grill and sports bar Apr 8 drfjr58 2
More from around the web

Weatherford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]