Wisd pLANs bond election?

Posted in the Weatherford Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#1 Dec 21, 2012
the paper has story quoting former mayor about need for new schools. Citizens committee seems to agree along with some other needs.

Since: Sep 12

Weatherford, TX

#2 Dec 21, 2012
1reader wrote:
the paper has story quoting former mayor about need for new schools. Citizens committee seems to agree along with some other needs.
http://weatherforddemocrat.com/local/x2131529...

I for one will vote against all bond proposals. They have empty buildings now they are not using.
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#3 Dec 21, 2012
opinion of most I guess
Too bad

Weatherford, TX

#4 Dec 21, 2012
so sad the school board hadnt found a way around bond elections like the weford city council did. Crap they just put us into more debt and they dont even ask us. we aer the ones who will have to pay that all back and the big interest to boot.
Anderson

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2012
I wish you really understood the process, regulations, and laws. But then, you would only distort them to your own benefit.

So I guess it's better that you don't. That way, you continue to make a fool of yourself
Anderson Explain

Weatherford, TX

#6 Dec 21, 2012
smarty why dont ya explain it for us all. How is it the city council did away with asking the citizens of Weatherford if it was okay to spend our money millions of dollars at a time?

Then explain why anyone would ask Mayor Tison instead of addressing the questions to the current Mayor Hooks? Perhaps because Mr Hooks doesnt know anything about anything concerning this community. He sure cant lead a meeting. I am sure you can explain Parliamentary Procedure to the crowd of 3 here.
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#7 Dec 22, 2012
If you want to post about city stay on one of the multiple threads you have about whining and false allegations about city. This thread Is about school bond. You are obsessed with city over losing elections.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Anderson wrote:
I wish you really understood the process, regulations, and laws. But then, you would only distort them to your own benefit.
So I guess it's better that you don't. That way, you continue to make a fool of yourself
Well, if the City Council of Wford had any sense, they would be resigning now, but they think Zan Prince and the others will support them. Zan has no idea what these guys have been doing and she will not put up with their ignorance of law. She is a good Christian woman who is steadfast, she will not support people who violate laws.
Anderson

United States

#9 Dec 22, 2012
Anderson Explain wrote:
smarty why dont ya explain it for us all. How is it the city council did away with asking the citizens of Weatherford if it was okay to spend our money millions of dollars at a time?
Then explain why anyone would ask Mayor Tison instead of addressing the questions to the current Mayor Hooks? Perhaps because Mr Hooks doesnt know anything about anything concerning this community. He sure cant lead a meeting. I am sure you can explain Parliamentary Procedure to the crowd of 3 here.
Bring somewhat pressed for time today, I'm going to make it very simple.

An elected body is not required to seek taxpayer permission to spend existing tax funds. These entities may hold bond eoections which seek the taxpayers consent to raise taxes for a specific purpose.

Parlementary procedures, I am familiar with. Do you have a specific question about them? If so, I will be happy to answer. Surely you didn't expect me to explain the complete procedure here!

I'm glad I have been able to help you a little.
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#10 Dec 22, 2012
Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
An elected body is not required to seek taxpayer permission to spend existing tax funds. These entities may hold bond eoections which seek the taxpayers consent to raise taxes for a specific purpose.
Parlementary procedures, I am familiar with. Do you have a specific question about them? If so, I will be happy to answer. Surely you didn't expect me to explain the complete procedure here!
they won't understand or acknowledge any factual statement it does not serve the losers of the last election purpose to agree with facts as they prefer allegations and personal attacks that are never ever proven you explained it simply but they don't understand why the city council, legally elected by the voters has authority to act. It makes you wonder if the losers had won how they would have conducted business since they (she) thinks every decision should go to public vote. Time for someone to go back to school and learn how government operate and comprehend what is taught. an economist? For economic development . Really. Funny.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
The uneducated old men and woman on council agreed that they must follow Roberts Rules of Order but they don't. They can't make a correct motion or second. Everything they pass is illegal. That's your city council in action. LOL!!!
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#12 Dec 22, 2012
A shame you are filled with such hatred over losing that you lie constantly about the council. This thread should be for intelligent discussion about a school bond issue. But anyone who posts u der multiple names as you do can't comprehend the issues. I hope you' don't have as many personalities as you have topix names.
Anderson

United States

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Recall All Five wrote:
<quoted text>
The uneducated old men and woman on council agreed that they must follow Roberts Rules of Order but they don't. They can't make a correct motion or second. Everything they pass is illegal. That's your city council in action. LOL!!!
Exactly how are they phrasing a motion that leads you to believe its illegal?

Since: Sep 12

Weatherford, TX

#15 Dec 23, 2012
1reader wrote:
How much is the bond
They are proposing several bonds in smaller amounts - they think the public will tolerate that. The end result is very expensive. In second post above is the link to the story.
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#16 Dec 23, 2012
Sounds expensive
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#17 Dec 23, 2012
The story states there will be multiple bonds over several unspecified years as you said. Does that mean a bond issue for schools every year or two
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#18 Dec 24, 2012
Are they planning for a bond election next year
1reader

Lockhart, TX

#19 Dec 25, 2012
This should be watched carefully it is the most important issue voters have to deal with
Watchdog Member

Duncanville, TX

#20 Dec 26, 2012
Anderson wrote:
This just has to be Lori or Michael Anderson. She has been on various city committees addressing park building and other expensive city projectsand is a suporter of further projects for heavy spending circulating around city hall. Nice of her to try and educate us poor uninformed fellow citizens. Former Mayor Joe Tison started several of these committees and is still working inside to further his "Legacy". Guess he did not get the message when he was soundly defeated for the State Representative position. His time is done. Frankly he is still under the impression that he can influence policies at school board level to suit himself. The folks in this county are tired of funding ego projects with more and more taxes and bonds.
Anderson

United States

#21 Dec 26, 2012
Watchdog Member wrote:
<quoted text>This just has to be Lori or Michael Anderson. She has been on various city committees addressing park building and other expensive city projectsand is a suporter of further projects for heavy spending circulating around city hall. Nice of her to try and educate us poor uninformed fellow citizens. Former Mayor Joe Tison started several of these committees and is still working inside to further his "Legacy". Guess he did not get the message when he was soundly defeated for the State Representative position. His time is done. Frankly he is still under the impression that he can influence policies at school board level to suit himself. The folks in this county are tired of funding ego projects with more and more taxes and bonds.
Lol. "it just has to be". Who else could possibly argue with your idiocy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weatherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massive Development Will Add 50,000 People to F... Aug 5 Carson 1
Weatherford public library Jul '16 Disgusted 1
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Jul '16 Hahaha 40
Parker County makes national news IN A GOOD WAY! Jul '16 drfjr58 1
Jan Bangert Barton Mar 31, 1951 - Jun 24, 2016 Jul '16 WeatherfordLady 1
Who will join a homeschool group here in Weathe... (Nov '08) Jun '16 WeatherfordLady 27
Hi Jun '16 Guest 1

Weatherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weatherford Mortgages