Local Police Blatent Violation of Hum...

Local Police Blatent Violation of Human Rights..

There are 33 comments on the CNN story from Aug 30, 2012, titled Local Police Blatent Violation of Human Rights... In it, CNN reports that:

This is a letter to the editor from a close personal friend of mine. The small college town of Weatherford Ok has been plagued by police corruption and violation of human rights by its own police department for years.. Hell one man that was running for mayor was running with the stand that he would be clearing out the WPD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mark

Kingfisher, OK

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Been there
Bob

Edmond, OK

#2 Aug 31, 2012
I grew up close to Weatherford and also attended college there in the 70's. This kind of behavior by the "PIGS"....(70's term).... has been that way since then, so its not surprising, but it still makes me angry. This enforces my theory that a lot of police around there become police because they were bullied when they were in junior high and they are just getting even at society for treating them that way. Those cops need to go work in the oilfields where they would get their asses stomped again, just like in junior high. As soon as this news hits Oklahoma City, I imagine there will be at least 50 lawyers coming to call. I hope those 4 students get money from the City, in a court settlement. Thats the only way it will stop. The whole county is paying 3million per year because the sheriff made female prisoners have sex with him. My advice is start using your cell phones and letting outside lawyers handle this because the locals won't.
2012

United States

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Bob wrote:
I grew up close to Weatherford and also attended college there in the 70's. This kind of behavior by the "PIGS"....(70's term).... has been that way since then, so its not surprising, but it still makes me angry. This enforces my theory that a lot of police around there become police because they were bullied when they were in junior high and they are just getting even at society for treating them that way. Those cops need to go work in the oilfields where they would get their asses stomped again, just like in junior high. As soon as this news hits Oklahoma City, I imagine there will be at least 50 lawyers coming to call. I hope those 4 students get money from the City, in a court settlement. Thats the only way it will stop. The whole county is paying 3million per year because the sheriff made female prisoners have sex with him. My advice is start using your cell phones and letting outside lawyers handle this because the locals won't.
I completely agree with everything the above poster said! Especially that we all should record it if we have to deal with any of these officers
Pig

Porter, TX

#4 Aug 31, 2012
I am willing to bet Bob and 2012 have been arrested multiple times. 99% of the time someone that hates the police they hate them because they were busted doing something illegal. I bet you:
1. Beat your wife or girlfriend
2. Do drugs
3. Drink and drive
Or all three

And since you got busted and put in jail, you hate police.

Try this. The next time you need the police because you got your a** beat, robbed or your residence was burglarized. Do not call the police and waste our time and let us take care and serve the law abiding citizens.

Just because we are Police Officers does not mean we are perfect and do not make mistakes. We are made the same as you.

We do this job because we want to. Not because we are paid so much money that it makes the risk we take worth it. Most of us can work in the oilfield and have. No, we choose to make 1/4 of the amount we could make.

Sincerely, The Pig that may someday risk his life to save yours or one of your loved ones.
:)

Blanchard, OK

#5 Aug 31, 2012
That's not the only reason that a fair amount of the population have no respect for the police. It's the actions of some officers that give them a bad name.
And I agree with the above, a lot of cops were losers in high school that are looking to settle the score.
Now, before you make a claim that I must hate the cops because I have been in trouble--you are wrong! Never even had a traffic ticket.
Most people can tell how professional a cop is by just his attitude. Let's all remind them that they are no better than the rest of us!
2012

United States

#6 Sep 1, 2012
Pig wrote:
I am willing to bet Bob and 2012 have been arrested multiple times. 99% of the time someone that hates the police they hate them because they were busted doing something illegal. I bet you:
1. Beat your wife or girlfriend
2. Do drugs
3. Drink and drive
Or all three

And since you got busted and put in jail, you hate police.

Try this. The next time you need the police because you got your a** beat, robbed or your residence was burglarized. Do not call the police and waste our time and let us take care and serve the law abiding citizens.

Just because we are Police Officers does not mean we are perfect and do not make mistakes. We are made the same as you.

We do this job because we want to. Not because we are paid so much money that it makes the risk we take worth it. Most of us can work in the oilfield and have. No, we choose to make 1/4 of the amount we could make.

Sincerely, The Pig that may someday risk his life to save yours or one of your loved ones.
You are completely wrong. I never once said I hated officers. I actually have a great deal of respect for a lot of them and I am very close to some. I am a woman so no I do not "beat my wife". I actually don't drink at all and nope don't do drugs either. I have never been arrested. I have however met the officer everyone is talking about and he was a complete arrogant jerk that thought his status as an officer meant he had this great high power and I do believe that if he feels he can berate people then yes people should be able to record their interactions with him.
Pig

Porter, TX

#7 Sep 1, 2012
2012. You said you completely agree with Bob. And his post was fairly negative against Cops. So that's where I perceived you as not liking cops. I think you should be able to record your interactions and I have no problem with that. With regards to the way we act or how most people perceive us as "arrogant". We ALWAYS have to have complete control of the situation. The arrogance you perceive is the confidence I have and the fact that I can NEVER show any weakness. If I show weakness then that gives the other person leverage. I will always dominate every situation I go into, and I apologize if you perceive this as arrogance on an officers part. If I show any kind of weakness that can determine if the person I am dealing with will make the decision to attempt to harm me. And before you say it was just a party or you are a female and you would not attack an officer, an officer has been attacked and his life attempted to be taken away in any kind of situation or by any person you can think of. This is part of our training and was hammered into us from the beginning. To really understand our mindset you need to become a cop or go through the training.

Also sometimes we just get tired of dealing with the same situations over and over. You get tired of being disrespected all the time, people telling you they are going to kill you or they will find you when you do not have a badge and gun on. Or go after your wife or children and that they pay your salary. When the average person might contribute .02 cents to my pay.. Have you ever been short with some one at your job? Or a family member because you are aggravated with them? It is about the same thing. We are human the same as you. This may not help you understand our mindset. You most likely never will until you are in our shoes. This is fun. If you have any questions about us or why we are the way we are, ask. I will try my best to answer. But keep in mind it is my opinion and may not be the way other officers think. If there are any other officers reading this and you agree or disagree let me know.
This is not an excuse to treat people wrongly or in any reference to the officer in question. I am not saying he did or did not do what was said. I was not there so I will not monday morning quarterback the situation. I am not from that department or from Weatherford. This is my point of view only.
2012

United States

#8 Sep 2, 2012
Pig wrote:
2012. You said you completely agree with Bob. And his post was fairly negative against Cops. So that's where I perceived you as not liking cops. I think you should be able to record your interactions and I have no problem with that. With regards to the way we act or how most people perceive us as "arrogant". We ALWAYS have to have complete control of the situation. The arrogance you perceive is the confidence I have and the fact that I can NEVER show any weakness. If I show weakness then that gives the other person leverage. I will always dominate every situation I go into, and I apologize if you perceive this as arrogance on an officers part. If I show any kind of weakness that can determine if the person I am dealing with will make the decision to attempt to harm me. And before you say it was just a party or you are a female and you would not attack an officer, an officer has been attacked and his life attempted to be taken away in any kind of situation or by any person you can think of. This is part of our training and was hammered into us from the beginning. To really understand our mindset you need to become a cop or go through the training.

Also sometimes we just get tired of dealing with the same situations over and over. You get tired of being disrespected all the time, people telling you they are going to kill you or they will find you when you do not have a badge and gun on. Or go after your wife or children and that they pay your salary. When the average person might contribute .02 cents to my pay.. Have you ever been short with some one at your job? Or a family member because you are aggravated with them? It is about the same thing. We are human the same as you. This may not help you understand our mindset. You most likely never will until you are in our shoes. This is fun. If you have any questions about us or why we are the way we are, ask. I will try my best to answer. But keep in mind it is my opinion and may not be the way other officers think. If there are any other officers reading this and you agree or disagree let me know.
This is not an excuse to treat people wrongly or in any reference to the officer in question. I am not saying he did or did not do what was said. I was not there so I will not monday morning quarterback the situation. I am not from that department or from Weatherford. This is my point of view only.
I actually really appreciate your full response and I do understand what you are saying. Thank you
Wford Concerned Citizen

United States

#10 Sep 3, 2012
The letter to the editor said there were three cops there, not just Officer Ellis. Why aren't they being investigated by an outside source? By the OSBI? This is nothing new to W'ford. The police have been corrupt for a long time. This is just one instance out of many that have occured. We all know cops are human too, but you shouldn't have a gun or a badge if you cannot handle the pressure and the situation. That is why no one has any respect for the cops anymore. They are not here to protect and serve, but they are here to harrass and intimidate. Why do you have to have "complete control" and "dominate" every instance? That is not justice!
:)

Blanchard, OK

#11 Sep 3, 2012
Wford Concerned Citizen wrote:
The letter to the editor said there were three cops there, not just Officer Ellis. Why aren't they being investigated by an outside source? By the OSBI? This is nothing new to W'ford. The police have been corrupt for a long time. This is just one instance out of many that have occured. We all know cops are human too, but you shouldn't have a gun or a badge if you cannot handle the pressure and the situation. That is why no one has any respect for the cops anymore. They are not here to protect and serve, but they are here to harrass and intimidate. Why do you have to have "complete control" and "dominate" every instance? That is not justice!
Agree!
Pig

Porter, TX

#12 Sep 3, 2012
Yea, never said I couldnt handle the pressure or the situation. I have done this for several years. I am just trying to give you a different point of view. I feel like I explained it pretty well in my last post. I have to have complete control because that is what makes sure I go home at the end of the shift and not get shot, stabbed or beat. You say that is not justice, that I control the situation. That does not make any since.

Tell me specific instances that you know first hand of how the officers at WPD are crooked? Or is this simply what you have heard through gossip? Or what the media has published? Because we all know how the media always tells the truth and that the gossip around town is certainly true.
:)

Blanchard, OK

#13 Sep 3, 2012
Pig wrote:
Yea, never said I couldnt handle the pressure or the situation. I have done this for several years. I am just trying to give you a different point of view. I feel like I explained it pretty well in my last post. I have to have complete control because that is what makes sure I go home at the end of the shift and not get shot, stabbed or beat. You say that is not justice, that I control the situation. That does not make any since.

Tell me specific instances that you know first hand of how the officers at WPD are crooked? Or is this simply what you have heard through gossip? Or what the media has published? Because we all know how the media always tells the truth and that the gossip around town is certainly true.
Just like we all know that all cops are upstanding and honest people! Funny!!
independent

United States

#14 Sep 4, 2012
The cop on this page is ridiculous. Prolly the officer who harassed the students
curious

Lindsay, OK

#15 Sep 4, 2012
Does being in complete control mean making those boys crawl? Officer Pig, you may answer this question.
Pig

Elk City, OK

#16 Sep 4, 2012
independent wrote:
The cop on this page is ridiculous. Prolly the officer who harassed the students
Nope
Pig

Elk City, OK

#17 Sep 4, 2012
curious wrote:
Does being in complete control mean making those boys crawl? Officer Pig, you may answer this question.
No it does not. But I was not there like everyone else on this page. And I do not know if what was said happened or not. How can you condemn someone if you where not there? You are all missing the point of my responses. I am just trying to give you insight into how we think. I am not trying to justify something that may or may not have happened. Or may have not happened the way the media or gossip around town has said it did.

For those of you who are Christians:
James 4:11
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.

Matthew 12:36
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

I have tried to help. Good luck
curious

Canton, GA

#18 Sep 5, 2012
I think you are probably the pigs mother or father trying to whitewash the whole thing over by using scripture. You people live in a different reality than most of us.
citizen

Dallas, TX

#19 Sep 7, 2012
When u hire kids to do adult jobs.that what we get.mother wipes there ass and send them out the door.so they come out to play instead of working.what a joke weatherford as become.send all your kids here for there education.its such safe happy community
shadow

United States

#20 Sep 7, 2012
Heard today that Ellis got suspended until the investigation is completed and the other officers were demoted back down to patrolmen!!!! Also heard that Bryon Cox thanked the guy who sent the letter to the paper for coming forward. That tells me that it's only a matter of time before other offenses by this "wonderful" officer are dug up. I know of another incident much like this one that happened awhile back. I just hope those people come forward. A note to the other young cops on the police force; you may think you won't get caught because you turned off your dashcams but there are cellphones everywhere. This got recorded and I guess Mr. Cox got to see it and hear it. Last laugh is on those officers who thought they were so smart and tough.
JDP

Elkhart, KS

#21 Sep 7, 2012
shadow wrote:
Heard today that Ellis got suspended until the investigation is completed and the other officers were demoted back down to patrolmen!!!! Also heard that Bryon Cox thanked the guy who sent the letter to the paper for coming forward. That tells me that it's only a matter of time before other offenses by this "wonderful" officer are dug up. I know of another incident much like this one that happened awhile back. I just hope those people come forward. A note to the other young cops on the police force; you may think you won't get caught because you turned off your dashcams but there are cellphones everywhere. This got recorded and I guess Mr. Cox got to see it and hear it. Last laugh is on those officers who thought they were so smart and tough.
I read the same thing you just posted. I'm glad it was addressed and hopefully it will send a message. I have known students who attended SWOSU and have heard similar stories for years. There has been a culture that has allowed this type of actions to continue in the past. I hope the suspension without pay and the demotions will be enough to stop it from happening again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weatherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the clinton police department (Mar '12) 8 hr Sceptic 81
bill folsom Jul 20 Just saying 4
Paul Simon Jul 8 What is the deal 2
Paul Simon Jul 7 Phil 2
Kindness Jul 6 Eyes wider open 2
Horny Jul 5 Mr yes 1
Del Ranchos Jun 30 Asdf 3

Weatherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weatherford Mortgages