First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GINA

Syracuse, NY

#1 Jun 29, 2009
WE SAW A WRECK ON I-40 WESTBOUND RIGHT OUTSIDE OF WEATHERFORD, OK SUNDAY JUNE 28,2009. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICTURES OR INFO ON THIS WRECK?
Ken

Nevada, MO

#2 Jun 29, 2009
GINA wrote:
WE SAW A WRECK ON I-40 WESTBOUND RIGHT OUTSIDE OF WEATHERFORD, OK SUNDAY JUNE 28,2009. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICTURES OR INFO ON THIS WRECK?
I was there also and was just looking for information on the condition of the girl in the Mustang.
christi

Fritch, TX

#3 Jun 29, 2009
we saw the wreck on i-40 just poutside of weatherford. wondering if anyone knows anything. looked aweful.
JLB

United States

#4 Jun 29, 2009
We sat in the westbound lane for over an hour Sunday, on I-40. Just wondered if anyone actually saw what happened and how the girl is. We weren't even sure how many people were in the car.
Ken

United States

#5 Jun 29, 2009
Here's what I think happened based on my short time at the scene. It appeared that the Mustang was eastbound, made it through, or over, the cable barrier and hit the tractor-trailer in the trailer tandom axles. This knocked the axles out from under the trailer and took the frame, including the back door frame, with it. The tractor-trailer came to rest in the median with the rear of the trailer on the ground and the axles in the outside, westbound lane a 100 feet or so east of the rig.

The entire front of the Mustang, including the engine and front wheels, were torn off on impact and was also in the road west of the rest of the car. The rest of the mustang was in the middle of the road and the female driver was trapped inside.

She was talking at first but quickly went into shock. She was pinned and was badly injured. I left when emergency responders arrived and was wondering if she survived.
Rachel

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jun 29, 2009
GINA wrote:
I only have video of me going out there as the ambulance was coming down the highway. Then a little video of the scene (only about 10 seconds of the actual scene)
GINA PAMPA TEXAS

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jun 29, 2009
I AM ACTULLAY FROM PAMPA, TEXAS NOT KIRKLAND, WA LIKE IT SAYS I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY PUT THAT THERE. SO NOBODY KNOWS THE CONDITION OF THE GIRL? WE WERE ONE OF THE FIRST CARS ON THE SCENE BUT WE HAD SMALL KIDS AND WE DIDN'T WANT THEM TO SEE TO MUCH OF IT SO WE FINALLY WENT THROUGH THE DITCH AND LEFT ON THE SERVICE ROAD WHEN THE FIRST POLICE CAR SHOWED UP. I WISH THAT SOME PAPER HAD SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HER CONDITION. IF ANYONE FINDS ANY MORE INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THANKS,
GINA :)
Shannon

Stillwater, OK

#8 Jun 29, 2009
I'm glad to know that she was alive when emergency responders arrived. I work at the movie theater near where the this occured. We could hear the bang (from the axel coming off of the trailor we think) from inside; but, none of us could tell what had happened or what was going on. When a co-worker and I finally got to look at the scene, all we could see was the horribly mangled car. We didn't think anyone could have survived that. We did hear some customers say they had medi-flighted someone out; though we feared it was for the truck driver given the looks of the car. I hope she's doing well. Does anyone know how the truck driver faired?
Ken

Springfield, MO

#9 Jun 29, 2009
At the scene they said the truck driver was not injured.
Pete

El Paso, TX

#10 Jun 29, 2009
Our family also came upon the accident but got off i-40 and used 66 to get around, we saw the car and it appeared very grim, then the semi further up the road with no trailer wheels which was a crazy sight that didn't make much sense at the time. After we went by we saw the lifeflight helicopter coming in, we've had the victims in our prayers but would like to find out how she is doing also.

Since: Jun 09

PAMPA, TEXAS

#11 Jun 30, 2009
HERE IS WHAT THE CLINTON NEWSPAPER EDITOR E-MAILED ME.

A North Carolina woman was critically injured Sunday when her 1998 Ford Mustang slipped under the cable barriers on Interstate 40 and collided with a semi headed in the opposite direction.

The accident happened at 6:32 p.m. just west of Weatherford. It is believed to be the most serious breach of the center-median cables between Clinton and Weatherford since they were installed last year.

Lyndar Hedrick, 34, was eastbound on the interstate when her car drove into the median and went under the cables midway between the 79 and 80-mile markers. Thatís approximately half a mile west of the first exit into Weatherford from the west.

A report by Trooper Travis Hale of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said the Mustang hit the rear dual wheels of a westbound 2005 Kenworth semi driven by Scott Logan, 58, of Arkansas, knocking them loose. They then struck a 2000 Ford Expedition that was behind the semi and in which 22-year-old Brenda Salcido of Clinton was a passenger. Fortunately, neither she nor the driver of the Expedition, Issac Fuentes, 23, of Oklahoma City, was injured.

Logan was not hurt either.

Ms. Hedrick, who was traveling alone, sustained head, arm, leg and internal injuries. She was pinned in the remnants of her car for 40 minutes before being freed by the Weatherford Fire Department, then was transported by Air Evac helicopter to the University of Oklahoma Medical Center in Oklahoma City where she was listed later in critical condition.

Haleís report indicated she was sleepy when her car crossed the median.

Occupants of all three vehicles were wearing seatbelts, and airbags also deployed in the Mustang.

Westbound lanes of the interstate were closed for about two hours. Traffic was detoured off at State Highway 58 and rerouted west on Old Highway 66 for approximately nine miles to the Custer City Road entrance.

Hale was assisted at the accident scene by troopers Gary Smith and Matt Villines and by Weatherford police, Weatherford and Clinton firemen, and Oklahoma Department of Transportation employees.

Clinton Fire Chief Wade Anders said there was a small grass fire connected with the wreck and for a short time it was believed the semi was on fire. He said thatís why his men were called to assist, but it turned out there was no truck fire
Ken

United States

#12 Jun 30, 2009
Thank you for the information. It's great news that she survived. I've traveled I-40 from NM to MO quite a bit and have assisted on several crashes, some of which were fatalities. Speed certainly causes some devistation.
Rachel

United States

#13 Jul 3, 2009
GINA wrote:
Gina: The wreck on Sunday, involved 1st Lt. Lyndra Hedrick. She was on her way home to surprise her family, after getting an early leave from a deployment in California.
She was taken to the hospital in Oklahoma, and is expected to make a complete recovery.
Angela

Hiddenite, NC

#14 Jul 4, 2009
The victim, Lyndra Hedrick goes to church with us. She is still in serious condition, but is expected to make a full recovery. She has had multiple surgeries and is expected to be hospitalized for quite a while. Overall, she is doing well considering the seriousness of the accident. Her survival is truly a miracle!! We are praying for an unexpected, speedy recovery so she can return to her family.

Since: Jun 09

PAMPA, TEXAS

#15 Jul 10, 2009
Thanks everyone for the info. I am glad she is expected to recover my husband and I prayed for her also. God is awesome!
Angela Humphries

Hiddenite, NC

#16 Jul 26, 2009
Great News!

Lyndra is now closer to home and is doing very well! She is sitting up and able to visit with family and friends. Her small children has seen her for the first time since her accident. You are welcomed to visit our church website and see photos of her and hear her sing. Our website is livingwordministriesnc.org
Melanie Lewis

Pineville, NC

#17 Jul 29, 2009
GINA wrote:
http://www.livingwordministriesnc.org/untitle...

She is alive....check her church website for information. Thank You All For Your Concerns!
Melanie Lewis

Pineville, NC

#18 Jul 29, 2009
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there also and was just looking for information on the condition of the girl in the Mustang.
http://www.livingwordministriesnc.org/untitle...

She is alive....check her church website for information. Thank You All For Your Concerns!
Cheryl Hoke

Mooresville, NC

#19 Aug 2, 2009
yes, she did make it.. had alot of surgeries to fix her broke body. When she was stabile they sent her bacjto NC. Still in the hospital. Hoping she get to come home this Tuesday.
Angela Humphries

Hiddenite, NC

#20 Aug 6, 2009
Lyndra is home now!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! Our prayers have been answered about an extra speedy recovery. She still has some healing that needs to take place, but we know God will continue to make her 100% whole!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weatherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pete Sawatzky? Wed good old guy 11
18 and up dance club Weatherford ?????? Aug 25 Babybrat 1
Gang bday lol Aug 25 Mrk 3
Where's Marcee? Aug 24 ARCO 1
Chaz Bearshield (Apr '13) Aug 23 So so close 9
Leeann Hoffman mcmasters Aug 21 druggie 2
Chris Landers (Jan '14) Aug 18 wtf 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weatherford Mortgages