Minnesota group wants more resources ...

Minnesota group wants more resources for early-childhood education

There are 1 comment on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 10, 2010, titled Minnesota group wants more resources for early-childhood education. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A group of Minnesota business leaders is calling on state lawmakers to expand a rating system for preschools and child-care providers and to increase early-learning scholarships so low-income families can send their children to quality programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

KathyC

United States

#1 Dec 12, 2010
I think it depends on your definition of quality preschool programs. My sons' Montessori preschool helped them become "kindergarten ready" through developmentally appropriate practices and the core belief that children learn best through exploration and play rather than non-stop testing and paper and pencil activities that require them to sit still for long periods of time. Preschool school not be the new first grade.
Education is more than forming picture perfect letters and being able to recite the ABCs. We need to nurture our children's curiosity about the world around them, help them retain their ability to question everything, and fan their love of good stories and books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayzata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buckhorn fire 3-18-72 ~ Photo by Ken Siljander (Jul '14) Jun 11 Colonel 4
News UnitedHealth raises quarterly dividend 30 percent (May '11) Mar '16 Ha Ha Ha Ha 6
News Alleged Minnesota rape victim featured in PBS d... (Jun '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 8
News Former St. Paul Cos. CEO donates $2M to Winnipe... (Sep '15) Sep '15 A Duck Holocast WPG 1
Minnesota Valley Warriors, Minor League Footbal... (Jul '15) Jul '15 minnesotavalleywa... 1
News Indian Partners With Zac Brown Band For U.S.O. ... (May '15) May '15 Slowtire 1
News Christopher & Banks to close its high-end Acorn... (Jul '08) Sep '14 JackieB 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wayzata Mortgages