Cities tread warily on holy ground

Cities tread warily on holy ground

There are 33 comments on the Star Tribune story from Aug 31, 2012, titled Cities tread warily on holy ground. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

To hear some residents of east Bloomington tell it, life hasn't been the same since the Al-Farooq Youth and Family Center opened seven months ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Sep 3, 2012
Miss Piggy wrote:
Notice I said in THE METRO AREA, your statistics take in the Amish, the Jehovah's Witnesses,and the Moonies.
Scratch the Moonies, LOL. R.I.P Reverend Moon!
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Sep 3, 2012
Miss Piggy wrote:
Notice I said in THE METRO AREA, your statistics take in the Amish, the Jehovah's Witnesses,and the Moonies.
You're spreading the swine flu!
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Sep 3, 2012
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>You're spreading the swine flu!
Don't worry, even germs aren't attracted to you!
TAJ

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Sep 3, 2012
Miss Piggy wrote:
"We never had a say in it": key statement. Why didn't they get a vote? That's my point. As the article implied, it's too late to do anything now. The ACLU will take the Muslims side for free, but the taxpayers will have to pay for some bleeding heart judge to rule in favor of the Mosque. But it's not too late to vote the pandering politicians out.
I feel sorry for the neighbors too, but they did move next to a school with the noisy, stinky busses and loud kids five days a week.
Friday is the day off in many countries around the world. Just as Saturday is for Jews and Seventh Day Adventists and Sunday for Catholics. Muslims who take a couple of hours off from work on Friday to fulfill their religious obligation usually make up for that time by staying late at work. The important thing is accommodation and respect. If we all could respect each other and show a little kindness we would not have any issues. I think most people do respect each other and do show kindness and that is why things are ok. I am familiar with the Bloomington case of the two ladies trying to make something out of nothing. There is no parking problem there. There is noise problem there. They made up these issues to show their displeasure with the city allowing a Muslim Youth and Family Center in that neighborhood. It is too bad. How stressful it must be for them to live with their intolerance. And since when do we have elections in the neighborhood to allow any new entity to move in? Is it not up-to the city Council to decide? And should not a city council treat all groups exactly the same way, regardless of their religion or ethnic origin? Come on let's act like civilized people. We are not barbarians.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#26 Sep 3, 2012
Now if it was a Chick Fil A franchise, piggy would squeal for the rights of free enterprise...
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Sep 3, 2012
TAJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Friday is the day off in many countries around the world. Just as Saturday is for Jews and Seventh Day Adventists and Sunday for Catholics. Muslims who take a couple of hours off from work on Friday to fulfill their religious obligation usually make up for that time by staying late at work. The important thing is accommodation and respect. If we all could respect each other and show a little kindness we would not have any issues. I think most people do respect each other and do show kindness and that is why things are ok. I am familiar with the Bloomington case of the two ladies trying to make something out of nothing. There is no parking problem there. There is noise problem there. They made up these issues to show their displeasure with the city allowing a Muslim Youth and Family Center in that neighborhood. It is too bad. How stressful it must be for them to live with their intolerance. And since when do we have elections in the neighborhood to allow any new entity to move in? Is it not up-to the city Council to decide? And should not a city council treat all groups exactly the same way, regardless of their religion or ethnic origin? Come on let's act like civilized people. We are not barbarians.
Typical response from a bleeding heart liberal. You have the nerve to call me a barbarian because I want taxpayers buying the property, I actually called for civility and not breaking the law, the citizens get a notice to vote on almost every thing that happens in their neighborhood, yet the city pulled a fast one in this instance.
And, I can tell you don't own a business, if I'm hiring someone and they tell me they need time off in the middle of the day every Friday, they don't get the job.
Now, go out in the back yard and feed your unicorn!
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Sep 3, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Now if it was a Chick Fil A franchise, piggy would squeal for the rights of free enterprise...
That's exactly what I'm squealing for, the right for private, taxpaying, free enterprise.
You haven't exactly mastered the art of reading comprehension, have you little simple-minded troll?
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#29 Sep 3, 2012
TAJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are the enemy. "Two Afghan children unheaded in separate incidents" http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/31/us-...
There is no room for Muslims in America. Get out!
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Sep 3, 2012
Miss Piggy wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry, even germs aren't attracted to you!
That's a good thing,because I'm a little worried about the ribs we got on the grill right now.
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#31 Sep 3, 2012
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good thing,because I'm a little worried about the ribs we got on the grill right now.
You can't afford pork ribs, Cheetah. Those are from the neighbors dog.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#32 Sep 3, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>You can't afford pork ribs, Cheetah. Those are from the neighbors dog.
What do they call your mama with a yeast infection? a cracker with cheese!
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#33 Sep 3, 2012
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
What do they call your mama with a yeast infection? a cracker with cheese!
I wish I could trade more insults with you Jiganig, but it time to hit the gym and pump the iron. You should join me someday. I'll spot for you, make sure the bar doesn't land on your neck.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Sep 3, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I could trade more insults with you Jiganig, but it time to hit the gym and pump the iron. You should join me someday. I'll spot for you, make sure the bar doesn't land on your neck.
you ignorant SOB,I work out everyday,I'm a mean lean sex machine,no pain no gain,be sure to let me know when you feel that your fatas is really for me,so that I can knock you the fuk out,you phony rocky wannabe.
Lemme give you a little pep song.
two old ladies were laying in bed,one roll over to the other and said,I want to be a airborne ranger,I want to live a life of danger,I want to go to vietnam,I gonna kill some racist con's,am i right or wrong,am I going strong,sound off,one two ,sound off three four,sound off one,two three four,SOUND! hahaha now you be sure to eat your wheaties,you fat out of shape,worthless pc of sht.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayzata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buckhorn fire 3-18-72 ~ Photo by Ken Siljander (Jul '14) Apr 26 Bobolink 6
Buckhorn ~ Photo contributed by Ken Siljander Apr '18 Bobolink 1
Review: Almost Free Realty Inc (Feb '09) Oct '17 Edward 14
Inflatable boat (May '17) May '17 Meung07 1
Review: Salon Entourage (Feb '17) Feb '17 Anonymous 1
News Northern Oil and Gas Inc. (NOG) Downgraded by Z... (Sep '16) Sep '16 no pipeline permit 1
News Christopher & Banks to close its high-end Acorn... (Jul '08) Sep '14 JackieB 20

Wayzata Jobs

Personal Finance

Wayzata Mortgages