Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,303

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Twp resident

Girard, OH

#25838 Jul 18, 2013
If Only wrote:
<quoted text>
If only an equitable intelligence system would rid us of the small but very notorious contingent of township residents such as yourself that are sub-par in terms of common sense...
What a classicly lame response! A portion of Springboro teachers and the slice of lemmings that represent district parents that have been fooled into supporting the inherently greedy SEA agenda have historically provided a lot of lip service around levy time about being "for the kids". If they're genuinely "for the kids", they of course should be "for the kids" by supporting tenure reform in public schools. To allow burnt-out or inept teachers to continue to educate children isn't just a pity, it isn't just a shame, it should be a crime.

At Boro board meetings, we hear genuinely nice stories of how great teachers have positively affected the lives of the speaker. I had teachers like that too. We don't hear stories about bad teachers at board meetings. Any parent daring to do so would forever be placed on this district's blacklist.
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25839 Jul 18, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
At Boro board meetings, we hear genuinely nice stories of how great teachers have positively affected the lives of the speaker. I had teachers like that too. We don't hear stories about bad teachers at board meetings. Any parent daring to do so would forever be placed on this district's blacklist.
No doubt...they would be tossed right out of the meeting to make way for Sonny Thomas to come in and make some of the most racist comments that have likely ever graced the halls of SHS. Yet Kelly sat there with a grin on her face while her tea party convict buddy Sonny once again put us in the national news spotlight...
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25840 Jul 18, 2013
If Only wrote:
<quoted text>
"Were to start"?
WHERE I would suggest you start would be introductory grammar class.
After you complete that work up to employment law, fair labor standards, and federal discrimination law.
After those are within your grasp, move to management and leadership texts by those such as John Maxwell, Steven Covey, and Warren Bennis.
Perhaps through this part you will see the radical departure this board has taken from reason, good management practice, and legal employment actions.
I would think you would more likely suggest a typing class or a better keyboard, that would have been a more salient rejoinder.

In spite of your valiant efforts to the contrary, this BOE has done some remarkable, good things for this community, its children, and its taxpayers. Are they perfect in their execution, hardly. Have they done as well as they could articulating their vision and purpose, NO. Did they get the job done that needed to be done, categorically YES.

First and foremost, however, this BOE has put our district on a sound financial footing for the first time in many, many years. What was once a land of incessant begging for more money turns into one whereby the taxpayers see a small return. Where once we ran a levy with every possible election cycle, we now can go another four or five years while maintaining a balanced budget. Who were the people who never bothered to fix the leaky roofs because there was no money? They have been replaced by people who can find the money and the will to do such things without crying for a new money. When did we last worry about our busses? So long ago that the deferred cost of replacement of an entire fleet was the risk at hand. This BOE, through the Budget and Finance Committee, developed a workable plan to replace our fleet before the day of reckoning in a financial manner this district could afford and would keep our children safe. This BOE has not held our children, or their future, hostage to the false crisis. This BOE has worked to find new ways of doing things that get the job done.

On the subject of leadership, I don't buy into much the self help gurus toss to the masses. If you like those types, more power to you, but I prefer the study of people who have actually accomplished something positive in life.

History and libraries are replete with good and bad examples of leadership, you only have to possess the will to find them.
Textbooks

Piqua, OH

#25841 Jul 18, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully we have the Transparency Project to adjudicate some of these matters. According to the staff report we had 336 staff members in 2011-12 and 342 in 2012- 13. Mr. Petrey's plan was not active last year. Ask the staff in Beavercreek, how their numbers from those time periods stack up.
I do believe that Industrial Arts is headed out the door towards the Career Center. Other classes are continually being evaluated for student interest and relativity. If we do not need as many teachers in a certain area, then by all means we should reallocate those resources to other areas of greater need.
Businesses reallocate resources continually to improve their competitive positions. Schools must do the same thing, we can no longer afford the luxury of making up classes for teachers to teach. We have a defined amount of resources that must be placed where the students, the parents, and the taxpayers get the most bang for the buck.
Have all of our past administrators and principals been up to that task, sadly some have not.
I'm not expecting classes to be made up for teachers to teach, however I do believe a strong set of electives is important for the students to choose from and to take prior to them going off to college. The electives can be where a student finds his strengths. Whether you accept the premise or not, there are students that excel at art and music more so than math and science. Should we ignore their strengths because the school should only focus on reading, writing, and arithmetic?
What about those students that want to take an AP class that the school is offering but only 10 students sign up - should we remove that class due to small class size? If so, what do those students take in place of the AP class? I'm sure your daughter knows students that don't have much left to take in the HS - should we not encourage our students to take elective classes just because we don't want to hire the teachers?

If the board is focused on the children, then they should be doing everything to support the children's educational needs - which requires offering classes - not pushing the students out of the school to take classes elsewhere.
No Doubt

Piqua, OH

#25842 Jul 18, 2013
No doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt that there is some truth in this statement. The board had to realize that being in the evening news every single night is not good for the community or for the children.
The one thing that I do find amusing is the thought that all the parents, teachers, citizens, firemen, police officers, city workers, etc. will somehow forget what an idiot Kelly Kohls is. In Novemeber, we will remember, and no matter how Kelly tries to smooth things over she is done for. Her bags should be packed, her political career of extremism and attacking those who work for a living and actually pay their bills will be over in a few short months.
No doubt there is nothing amusing in this threat of the Public Service/Safety Union members, employed in Springboro by taxpayers who represent about ten-twelve thousand households voting in the City/Township local elections; to take over the political system in our school district in November and gain control of our children's first budget and power of union indoctrination of our children's minds in our Springboro classrooms.

No doubt there is nothing amusing in this government oppression of a free people in Springboro happening now, that our Public Service/Safety Union members appear to think of as sport competition against their own Home Team Players of Springboro Taxpayers.

No doubt our ministers of Springboro unionism cults think that all Springboro families subscribe to their false worship of big government gods as being our only hope of soul survivorship
for our children's future and the future of America.
No doubt our political system is owned by the big labor union
Bosses; and yes "we the people" did hear the cry of war against us, as the big labor union bosses shouted their orders across our great nation in a Labor Day speech in the great state of Michigan; rallying the Ohio Education Association of Teachers Unions....
Let's take those ---- Out!
And the Springboro Education Association has heard their marching orders from their Master and have bullied mightily for the past two years "to take out of elected office" those Responsible Spenders whom the gods of Unionism judge unfit to serve in the
Political process on the pro-union Springboro School Board of Education.

No doubt our Springboro Education Association members profess their belief in Springboro's ungrateful, unhappily and revengefully-retired professional educator with 40 years of past experience, as being a better fit as board member "fundraising" for Union First, instead of the Springboro parents, who are elected board representatives, making decisions first in the best interest of our children and their classroom teachers.
No Doubt

Piqua, OH

#25843 Jul 18, 2013
SOS wrote:
<quoted text>
Save Our Students, One Child at a Time, by informing ourselves and taking full advantage of All opportunities, available to parents, students and educaters, to better educate one child at a time, focusing on each individual's gift of learning potential for greater achievement and a brighter future education.
No child's future should be left behind by the narrow-minded opinion of parents protesting against hiring with our school tax dollars an outside-the-union educational consulting firm to conduct an informative study in our local school district.
Our Teachers Union does not Own our School Tax Dollars.
Our Teachers Union does not Own our Schools.
Our Teachers Union does not Own our community of children.
Our Parents who protest I don't want my child in a classroom without a union teacher has obviously been severly misguided by harmful OEA indoctrination. On wonders if this severly misguided parent is a school teacher in our public schools.
No doubt there is nothing amusing in this threat of the Public Service/Safety Union members, employed in Springboro by taxpayers who represent about ten-twelve thousand households voting in the City/Township local elections; to take over the political system in our school district in November and gain control of our children's first budget and power of union indoctrination of our children's minds in our Springboro classrooms.

No doubt there is nothing amusing in this government oppression of a free people in Springboro happening now, that our Public Service/Safety Union members appear to think of as sport competition against their own Home Team Players of Springboro Taxpayers.

No doubt our ministers of Springboro unionism cults think that all Springboro families subscribe to their false worship of big government gods as being our only hope of soul survivorship for our children's future and the future of America! No doubt our political system is owned by the big labor union Bosses; and yes "we the people" did hear the cry of war against us, as the big labor union bosses shouted their orders across our great nation in a Labor Day speech in the great state of Michigan; rallying the Ohio Education Association of Teachers Unions....Let's take those ---- Out!

And the Springboro Education Association has heard their marching orders from their Master and have bullied mightily for the past two years "to take out of elected office" those Responsible Spenders whom the gods of Unionism judge unfit to serve in the

No doubt our Springboro Education Association members profess their belief in Springboro's ungrateful, unhappily and revengefully-retired professional educator with 40 years of past experience, as being a better fit as board member "fundraising" for Union First, instead of the Springboro parents who are elected board representatives making decisions first in the best interest of our children and their classroom teachers.
No Doubt

Piqua, OH

#25844 Jul 18, 2013
Textbooks wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not expecting classes to be made up for teachers to teach, however I do believe a strong set of electives is important for the students to choose from and to take prior to them going off to college. The electives can be where a student finds his strengths. Whether you accept the premise or not, there are students that excel at art and music more so than math and science. Should we ignore their strengths because the school should only focus on reading, writing, and arithmetic?
What about those students that want to take an AP class that the school is offering but only 10 students sign up - should we remove that class due to small class size? If so, what do those students take in place of the AP class? I'm sure your daughter knows students that don't have much left to take in the HS - should we not encourage our students to take elective classes just because we don't want to hire the teachers?
If the board is focused on the children, then they should be doing everything to support the children's educational needs - which requires offering classes - not pushing the students out of the school to take classes elsewhere.
No doubt much of this encouragement from parents to provide more than needed elective classes; are for S-U-R-E only pushed so that there will be more Electives on the high school program of studies so that there will be more high school teachers hired into paying those huge Springboro Education Association dues.

No doubt Springboro taxpayers should not have to pick up the tab for these union teachers to be hired to baby-sit in fluff elective classes that are not even needed for high school graduation credit. For S-U-R-E these wealthy, educated parents are United for Irresponsibility in Spending for our children's future.
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25845 Jul 18, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt our ministers of Springboro unionism cults think that all Springboro families subscribe to their false worship of big government gods as being our only hope of soul survivorship
for our children's future and the future of America.
No doubt our political system is owned by the big labor union
Bosses; and yes "we the people" did hear the cry of war against us, as the big labor union bosses shouted their orders across our great nation in a Labor Day speech in the great state of Michigan; rallying the Ohio Education Association of Teachers Unions....
Let's take those ---- Out!
No doubt our Springboro Education Association members profess their belief in Springboro's ungrateful, unhappily and revengefully-retired professional educator with 40 years of past experience, as being a better fit as board member "fundraising" for Union First, instead of the Sp...
No doubt someone has been drinking the tea with Kelly herself.

Let me reiterate...I am not a union person, nor is anyone in my family, nor are we working for or benefiting from the school district in any financial way. My children receive their education there, and yes, that education is likely provided by union teachers. These teachers have not "indoctrinated" them or any of the rest of us with a cult-like way of thinking.

No, indeed...we can and do think for ourselves. We attend board of education meetings, council meetings, and trustee meetings. We participate in democracy and promote the candidates we feel will represent the collective values of our community.

And for that reason, and that reason alone, I and many others say without hesitation that Kelly Kohls will be gone in November.

In Springboro we enjoy being known as a welcoming, neighborly, affluent suburban community where kids get a great education and feel safe riding their bike home from a friend's house at dusk.

Few people like seeing our community portrayed otherwise. The word of our teachers packing heat, our BOE members pushing their religious beliefs on our children, or an ignorant extremist making racially intimidating remarks unchallenged in a public meeting are appalling. Our once trusted leaders are now doing jail time because our elected officials were delinquent in their responsibility to oversee fundraising revenues. Quite simply, we've had enough. I want to turn on the news tonight and hear a story about some other school district for a change.

It's not about being union, or on the union side. I really don't care one way or another about the union. To me, it's about being a member of our community and appreciating the things that make it a great place to live.

Come November, we as a community will restore some of that sense by voting in a BOE member that will serve our collective interests, not a tea party extremist agenda.
hypocrite

Girard, OH

#25846 Jul 18, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Come November, we as a community will restore some of that sense by voting in a BOE member that will serve our collective interests, not a tea party extremist agenda.
Hmmm....who could that be? Lisa Babb has proven to everyone she's bought and paid for by the agenda of the Springboro Education Association.
Answer me this : Does the Springboro Education Association serve the collective interests of this community?
Or does the Springboro Education association serve the interests of Springboro schools employees?
November Avenger

Girard, OH

#25847 Jul 18, 2013
FACT: If you vote for a school levy, you're stupid!
No Doubt

Piqua, OH

#25848 Jul 18, 2013
If Only wrote:
<quoted text>
If only an equitable intelligence system would rid us of the small but very notorious contingent of township residents such as yourself that are sub-par in terms of common sense...
No doubt, if only the November election would "take out" Springboro parents on the BOE who are responsible spenders,
then our newly retired "has been a high school principal"
and our has been a social studies newly retired teacher" could be re-instated as pro-union lovers of Tax and Spend; and reverse our childrens's future back to 2008 baker-dettwiller days of union rule. No doubt you will remember that, back in the good old boy days, that the baker/dettwiller team did it all for the board representatives; just meeting with Maney and Malone to come up with high school program studies that met employment needs of union teachers first; then Malone didn't even bother to show up at those boring old board meetings, because he didn't get paid extra to have an interest in our business meetings; Malone spoke it and it was truth to the people; baker/dettwiller delivered the demands of Malone to the BOE president and the BOE president led ALL the pro-union tax and spend lovers to "rubber stamp" for Union First best interest...and no questions asked on behalf of our children's best interest, nor the cost of Malone's high school educaton business to the taxpayers.
Not a chance that responsible voters will "rubber stamp"
Malone/Stuckey old has been tunnel vision for our children's 21st century education; just not smart trying to reverse to that failed tunnel vision agenda of adhering to those old outdated 1983 state-mandated collective bargining laws that should have been declared "unlawful" in November 2011.
Springboro, we can do better. We'll see what happens when trusted elected officials get thrown out of the board room and the union hostile take-over is "in force." events.
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25849 Jul 18, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt, if only the November election would "take out" Springboro parents on the BOE who are responsible spenders,
then our newly retired "has been a high school principal"
and our has been a social studies newly retired teacher" could be re-instated as pro-union lovers of Tax and Spend; and reverse our childrens's future back to 2008 baker-dettwiller days of union rule. No doubt you will remember that, back in the good old boy days, that the baker/dettwiller team did it all for the board representatives; just meeting with Maney and Malone to come up with high school program studies that met employment needs of union teachers first; then Malone didn't even bother to show up at those boring old board meetings, because he didn't get paid extra to have an interest in our business meetings; Malone spoke it and it was truth to the people; baker/dettwiller delivered the demands of Malone to the BOE president and the BOE president led ALL the pro-union tax and spend lovers to "rubber stamp" for Union First best interest...and no questions asked on behalf of our children's best interest, nor the cost of Malone's high school educaton business to the taxpayers.
Not a chance that responsible voters will "rubber stamp"
Malone/Stuckey old has been tunnel vision for our children's 21st century education; just not smart trying to reverse to that failed tunnel vision agenda of adhering to those old outdated 1983 state-mandated collective bargining laws that should have been declared "unlawful" in November 2011.
Springboro, we can do better. We'll see what happens when trusted elected officials get thrown out of the board room and the union hostile take-over is "in force." events.
Oh com'mon....you tea party whacks are scared out of your skin. Malone was insanely popular as a community figure in his time as a high school principal and like it or not, that wins elections. The tide is shifting...enjoy these last couple of months with your girl in the seat because she is going to be out in the cold this winter!!
Broader Vision

Piqua, OH

#25850 Jul 18, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me reiterate...I am not a union person, nor is anyone in my family, nor are we working for or benefiting from the school district in any financial way. My children receive their education there, and yes, that education is likely provided by union teachers. These teachers have not "indoctrinated" them or any of the rest of us with a cult-like way of thinking.
No, indeed...we can and do think for ourselves. We attend board of education meetings, council meetings, and trustee meetings. We participate in democracy and promote the candidates we feel will represent the collective values of our community.
And for that reason, and that reason alone, I and many others say without hesitation that Kelly Kohls will be gone in November.
In Springboro we enjoy being known as a welcoming, neighborly, affluent suburban community where kids get a great education and feel safe riding their bike home from a friend's house at dusk.
Few people like seeing our community portrayed otherwise. The word of our teachers packing heat, our BOE members pushing their religious beliefs on our children, or an ignorant extremist making racially intimidating remarks unchallenged in a public meeting are appalling. Our once trusted leaders are now doing jail time because our elected officials were delinquent in their responsibility to oversee fundraising revenues. Quite simply, we've had enough. I want to turn on the news tonight and hear a story about some other school district for a change.
It's not about being union, or on the union side. I really don't care one way or another about the union. To me, it's about being a member of our community and appreciating the things that make it a great place to live.
For S-U-R-E our hostile Union Masters and Boro Mommy dearests "done crossed that SEA of Union hostility with the wearing of the red and the waving of the ribbons for teacher victims, stomping down Springboro parents of the non-hostile union kind." For S-U-R-E you done climbed up "sunshine mountain" and now proudly sit perched highly in your bully pulpit, looking down in the valley of the promised land of Union greed for control of money and power over "the least of these." And that's just the kind of poor leadership that we can expect from the education gods
of the Malone/Stuckey kind. Where's the Responsible Education in that narrow-minded tunnel vision that doesn't fit in 2013 like it did in 2000 when Malone first came to Springboro?

Oh by the way, if you broaden your vision past Malone's donut hole you will notice diversity in choice of products available for purchase everywhere we shop -- Several varieties of tea (there's more than just one)coffee, soft drinks, milk, juice, and even flavored water! One "taste" just doesn't appeal to all; and most parents agree that sugary donuts are not the healthy choice for our children's pro-longed "treat" at school. Healthy kids need substance over symbolism in their education.
Eyes Wide Open

Piqua, OH

#25851 Jul 18, 2013
If Only wrote:
<quoted text>
"Were to start"?
WHERE I would suggest you start would be introductory grammar class.
After you complete that work up to employment law, fair labor standards, and federal discrimination law.
After those are within your grasp, move to management and leadership texts by those such as John Maxwell, Steven Covey, and Warren Bennis.
Perhaps through this part you will see the radical departure this board has taken from reason, good management practice, and legal employment actions.
hmmmm.... All I see is the radical oppression of a free people, who are declared by the SEA lawyers, enslaved in Springboro to serve the harsh task masters of education cults, thriving in public schools all over Ohio, holding our parents hostage over things like withholding life's precious gift of "Knowledge" as decreed by the ODE requirements of the Ohio Graduation Test! These harsh task masters of the education cults in Springboro have pages and pages of rules in their employment contract to which "we the people" must comply, and conform all our values and beliefs to "FIT" the values and beliefs of the radical Ohio Education Association; which has dispensed over 130,000 teachers throughout Ohio to proselyte and evangelize new converts to Radical Unionism in our public school classrooms. These new converts are forced to participate in praise and worship of the education gods entitlement of greater pay, because some preach that the value of the highly paid education god is even greater influence on the child than even the parents (who may or may not be as wealthy and educated as the harsh task masters ruling the cults of public education).
Lol in Boro

Piqua, OH

#25852 Jul 18, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh com'mon....you tea party whacks are scared out of your skin. Malone was insanely popular as a community figure in his time as a high school principal and like it or not, that wins elections. The tide is shifting...enjoy these last couple of months with your girl in the seat because she is going to be out in the cold this winter!!
There you go again .... reaching across the aisle trying to find common ground with common sense voters! At least we agree on
Malone's insanely popular community appeal; but that skill set is needed in fundraising for the boosters!

What we need in an elected official, serving on the Board of Education, is someone who is not dependent upon praise and worship popularity, but someone who is Very Sane, Very Stable, Very Confident, Very Highly Skilled in Leadership, and a Strong Believer in Fiscal Responsibility for Our Children's Future!

The tide is turning every day and sometimes the ebb and flow is harsh and stormy; but sometimes it just swishes along, strong and steady across those lines drawn in the sand. We'll see what happens.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25853 Jul 18, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
What I have noticed is the same group of attendees at all of the meetings I have attended these past couple years. Their retorts and remarks were a consistent support of the union, and a continual dismissal of everything and anything the BOE of education wished to advance.

I must have missed the Sunday school lessons in each of the sessions that I attended, for I never heard anyone promoting anyone's religion.

Freedom of speech means that while we must tolerate your idle ramblings so too must you accept those of others whether you agree with them or not. The Constitution of the United States does not draw a line that says only these anointed few may speak, it stands for everyone, regardless of the unsavory their speech may be.

If you have a problem with the children arriving safely at school in transportation that is both reliable and well maintained, let us know.

If you have a problem with the children enjoying the use of facilities that are well maintained, let us know.

If you have a problem investing in a technology program that integrates the best our school has to offer with the outside world, let us know.

If you have a problem with accountability in our schools and our support organizations, let us know.

If you have a problem with all of the money raised for children getting to the children without being stolen, let us know.

If you have a problem with money earmarked for new text books for our children remaining earmarked for our children's textbooks, let us know.

If you have a problem giving our teachers and support staff raises for the next two years, let us know.

If you have a problem with our teachers and support staff paying a fair portion of their healthcare, let us know.

If you have a problem with an administration that actually does the job they were hired to do, let us know.

If you have a problem with fiscal responsibility and not spending more than the district has in its coffers, let us know.

Despite your doom and gloom, the BOE has done the job.
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25854 Jul 18, 2013
Lol in Boro wrote:
<quoted text>
What we need in an elected official, serving on the Board of Education, is someone who is not dependent upon praise and worship popularity, but someone who is Very Sane, Very Stable, Very Confident, Very Highly Skilled in Leadership, and a Strong Believer in Fiscal Responsibility for Our Children's Future!
RIGHT ON! That's why I'm voting Malone as of now, as he is clearly the best candidate that we know is in the race. We can't deal with any more of Kelly Kohls' antics for just the reasons you mention.
What

Lebanon, OH

#25855 Jul 18, 2013
Lol in Boro wrote:
<quoted text>
RIGHT ON! That's why I'm voting Malone as of now, as he is clearly the best candidate that we know is in the race. We can't deal with any more of Kelly Kohls' antics for just the reasons you mention.

WHAT?
This man lives for the people to provide with his positive affirmation. Skilled at spending other people's money, ask him who bought all those donuts? The man falls asleep while doing classroom evaluations, yeah highly skilled.
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25856 Jul 18, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Freedom of speech means that while we must tolerate your idle ramblings so too must you accept those of others whether you agree with them or not.
Thanks Doug, I appreciate your permission to dissent and the fact that you didn't threaten to kill me like you did that bank teller, Kevin Carsey. Guess the anger management helped.
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with the children enjoying the use of facilities that are well maintained, let us know.
I can't use the public facilities without paying a usage fee. That is, unless I am a religious extremist group invited by the BOE president to come and spew a contorted version of the constitution based on what the founding fathers "really meant" when they wrote the sacred document.

And furthermore, my personal experience in the schools is that the new elementary buildings are deteriorating quickly under the careful eye of Kohls and the BOE. All I hear is that they don't have the budget to take care of the buildings because the board is not allocating as much to maintenance as they used to.
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem investing in a technology program that integrates the best our school has to offer with the outside world, let us know.
I do have a problem with spending gobs of money on the "transparency project", a technology based initiative that clearly states it doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, it just has to be posted and "accountable" to the public. When community activists point out the outright deceptions located in the transparency project, the board plays them down as if they were just an "oversight"??
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with accountability in our schools and our support organizations, let us know.
The embezzlement in the boosters club occurred under the current BOE's watch. It was their charge to ensure that things like that were not happening in the school district. They out and out failed. Now someone is in jail, but why aren't the BOE members held accountable for their complicity?
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with all of the money raised for children getting to the children without being stolen, let us know.
As mentioned, Kohls and the current BOE failed here. I do want REAL accountability - thus it's time for this board and its record of failure to go!
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem giving our teachers and support staff raises for the next two years, let us know.
Our teachers have sacrificed for several years, far beyond what their contract required of them. They could have taken the issue to arbitration and been awarded raises a few years back. Despite the drama created by the BOE, I am proud of our teachers for standing up for themselves. Union rhetoric aside, the BOE threatened the teachers with replacement if they dare ask for their salary to keep pace with inflation. Despicable move on the part of Kohls and her gang.
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with our teachers and support staff paying a fair portion of their healthcare, let us know.
Absolutely...this is why a strong and clear bargaining agreement is important to our teachers.
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with an administration that actually does the job they were hired to do, let us know.
I have a problem with a board not doing what they are supposed to do, see above note on the booster issue. I'm sure Dr. Malone has the experience and education to serve as board president. He is certainly more qualified than Kelly Kohls. I'm not sure how a chubby woman with a doctorate in nutrition is qualified for her job??
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with fiscal responsibility and not spending more than the district has in its coffers, let us know.
The school district administration deserves the credit for this accomplishment, not the BOE.
Smart Vote

Piqua, OH

#25857 Jul 18, 2013
November Avenger wrote:
FACT: If you vote for a school levy, you're stupid!
And the people said "Amen!" The time has now come to get that book of responsible spending tips out of the union masters closet and throw away the SEA of "collective" collection plates!

Let Freedom Ring for November 5th! It's Independence Day from the SEA of Collective Greed, Strife, and Bully Campaigns attacking Springboro citizens by the poor peformance acts of the "insanely popular" Ron Malone and the Boro Maney-Acts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr True blue 19,387
How liberal ladies can save lives: 15 hr masterofconcretep... 2
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) Thu jjsparks 8
dennis gannon Thu masterofconcretep... 14
LEON HARRISON: Profile of a loser (Aug '13) Thu masterofconcretep... 18
Dr Commander selvam swamiji sri selvam siddhar ... (Dec '11) Thu The Duke of Hazard 41
Leon Harrison brand urinal cakes (Jul '13) Wed Tina 21
Waynesville Dating
Find my Match

Waynesville Jobs

Waynesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waynesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waynesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]