Haywood County arrests

Dec 20, 2007 Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times 20

Haywood County Sheriff's Office n Cody James Marler, 17, 72 Foliage Lane, Canton, was charged Dec. via Asheville Citizen-Times

Full Story
Dads Against Petafiles

Casar, NC

#1 Jul 15, 2008
I hope Cody rots in jail. Short and sweet I think trash like him needs to be stoned to death with cinder blocks and left to die in the middle of no where so the animals can eat whats left of him and we dont have to dispose of his rotting corpse....
Like I said short and sweet....
meb

Easley, SC

#2 Jul 19, 2008
I seriously doubt you know the exact circumstances of this case...You really should not judge people..
Dads Against Petafiles

Conover, NC

#3 Sep 22, 2008
Yeah I do, more than you will ever know. I was indirectly involved in this case and I know pretty much everything about it. So please dont show your ignorance by standing up for this sorry excuse for a man. Now a convicted petafile in the state of North Carolina. So I hope one day you can open your eyes and see this monster for what he is. Also I thin that he got off easy. At least 21 years? He should have life for the things that he did to thoes girls...
peroid...
D.A.P.
Dads Against Petafiles

Conover, NC

#4 Sep 22, 2008
WAYNESVILLE – A Haywood County man convicted of sex crimes involving a child was sentenced to at least 21 years and three months behind bars.

According to a news release from District Attorney Mike Bonfoey’s office, a jury found Cody James Marier guilty of four counts of taking indecent liberties with a child and one count of first-degree sexual offense of a child. He was found not guilty of one count of sexual offense of a child.

A judge sentenced Marier, 18, to between 21 years, three months and 26 years, three months in prison, according to the release. The judge also ordered Marier serve probation following his prison term and register as a sex offender and have lifetime GPS monitoring.

Marier committed the crimes in late summer and fall 2006. The victim was 4 years old when the sex offenses and indecent liberties took place, according to the news release.

Now that is Justice!
Mom against sicko

Hendersonville, NC

#6 Sep 23, 2008
Not only did Cody hurt this precious little girl he also hurt many other people who where clueless to his sick mind.There was several children who in indirect ways that he has changed their lives forever so you tell me, is 21 years forever?
PDA

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2008
I just wanted to say that I will not condone nor show support for anyone who could commit such a crime. However, I cant help but notice how some others on this forum have stated that there was more than one child involved. That is false. Other children who had visited were questioned but noone else had accused Cody. There was only one child involved and she happen to be a haywood county detective's daughter. No others. As Dad's against petafiles says he was "indirectly" involved in this case, that makes you nothing more than anyone else outside looking in. In my position I have no doubt I know more than anyone else on this forum. I don't oppose anyone elses opinion and I do firmly believe that anyone covicted of such a crime MUST go to prison as Cody has. I would not however, say that someone should be stoned to death and animals eating their rotting corpses as stated in a previous comment. Seems extreme to me and makes me and possibly some others who may read that wonder what goes through your mind D.A.P. But that's your right to state that as your opinion. This is a terrible happening and all any of us can do now is pray for all those involved.
Still remembers

Mauldin, SC

#8 Sep 25, 2008
Oh right, PDA. Child molestors only pick one child and never touch another. In your dreams. These are serial criminals. Convicted of one crime means convicted of one crime - it doesn't mean innocent of any others.
Our neighborhood sicko was never convicted of any crime. I realize that makes him innocent in your eyes, but there are a half a dozen little girls that will alway deal with the 'forever' part of his crimes.
PDA

United States

#9 Sep 25, 2008
Still remembers wrote:
Oh right, PDA. Child molestors only pick one child and never touch another. In your dreams. These are serial criminals. Convicted of one crime means convicted of one crime - it doesn't mean innocent of any others.
Our neighborhood sicko was never convicted of any crime. I realize that makes him innocent in your eyes, but there are a half a dozen little girls that will alway deal with the 'forever' part of his crimes.
I never said that if you are being convicted of one crime that you can't be guilty of another but just not caught for it. Also, if you know someone who got away with a crime like this then I am sorry for anyone involved . And no, I would not completely consider him inocent because the court said so. He was accused for a reason and I would keep away from him also as well as my family. I can only say that I was involved in this particular case and knew all the parties involved. So, I DO know for a fact it was only one child. I have no intention of defending anyone and that is not my intention. However, I do wish that people would stick to the facts of a situation and not drum up stories that make the innocent members of Cody's family look like trash too. That's all I'm saying.
Dads Against Petafiles

Conover, NC

#10 Sep 26, 2008
PDA there were more than on child there were three total. You need to shut up and not show your ignorance. My girls were involved. Both of them and where medicly and phycologicly examined and the DA and the defence lawyer pushed to get to trial (including trying to get cody to take a plea bargain),and my girls did not to put any word in on their part. Also you have not woke up to a frantic six year old everynight for the last year and a half crying about a man hurting her. So in short please shut the hell up and and quit sticking up for a low life SOB that is now sitting and rotting in prison. As you can see this is very personal too me.
Dads Against Petafiles

Conover, NC

#11 Sep 26, 2008
And by the way I have no problem with anyone accept cody so you will not recieve and "trashing" of the rest of your family DHL. I have no bones to pick with any of them. Cody was the bad guy. No one ealse.
The wise 1

Palatka, FL

#12 Nov 13, 2008
21 years,Remember jeffry dalmer,he died in prison,When they read his jacket so will he,With 21 years, Someone will surely get to him
jackcustow

Asheville, NC

#13 Dec 27, 2008
does anyone know where I can still find this article. The link does not work for me.
What

Lincolnton, NC

#15 Dec 27, 2008
jackcustow wrote:
does anyone know where I can still find this article. The link does not work for me.
The Haywood County arrest/incident reports change every Thursday and I'm not certain the old ones are accessible after they've run their week.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/se...
john

Asheville, NC

#16 Aug 2, 2009
Dads Against Petafiles wrote:
Yeah I do, more than you will ever know. I was indirectly involved in this case and I know pretty much everything about it. So please dont show your ignorance by standing up for this sorry excuse for a man. Now a convicted petafile in the state of North Carolina. So I hope one day you can open your eyes and see this monster for what he is. Also I thin that he got off easy. At least 21 years? He should have life for the things that he did to thoes girls...
peroid...
D.A.P.
you are an idiot,if it was not a detectives daughter,he probably would have got a lot less time,I hate hearing peoples judgements without all the facts,get your facts straight.
Dick Decent

Raleigh, NC

#18 Aug 12, 2011
Hey there, "Dads Against Petafiles." Among other things, perhaps you should learn to spell PEDOPHILE correctly before engaging in bitter rants on the internet in an effort to blame a convicted criminal for all your parental shortcomings.
Edward

Coudersport, PA

#19 Aug 14, 2011
At least all will be safe from him for over 20 years unless of course they decide to let him out early for good behavior. Let's hope not.
oldfriend

United States

#20 Mar 19, 2012
I was one of codys friends we had biology together. He was even my lab partner. He always seemed like a really nice guy. He started doing drugs that year and really changed. Drugs can make us do all kinds of things that we normally wouldn't. I don't know if that's the case but since I've gone off to college I realize now how dramatically drugs can affect you. As I am sure they did him and his judgement.
blueblood

Muskegon, MI

#21 Jun 15, 2013
Its a good thing Cody is in prison because if I had got to him before the cops did he would happy to take your suggested punishment over what I would dish out for him. You think DIP is bad... lol... hes a saint compared to my mind. its way way beyond sick and twisted.... ite molten lava jelly juice!!
who="PDA"]I just wanted to say that I will not condone nor show support for anyone who could commit such a crime. However, I cant help but notice how some others on this forum have stated that there was more than one child involved. That is false. Other children who had visited were questioned but noone else had accused Cody. There was only one child involved and she happen to be a haywood county detective's daughter. No others. As Dad's against petafiles says he was "indirectly" involved in this case, that makes you nothing more than anyone else outside looking in. In my position I have no doubt I know more than anyone else on this forum. I don't oppose anyone elses opinion and I do firmly believe that anyone covicted of such a crime MUST go to prison as Cody has. I would not however, say that someone should be stoned to death and animals eating their rotting corpses as stated in a previous comment. Seems extreme to me and makes me and possibly some others who may read that wonder what goes through your mind D.A.P. But that's your right to state that as your opinion. This is a terrible happening and all any of us can do now is pray for all those involved.
dfvdgw

Weaverville, NC

#22 Jun 16, 2013
Jacob lee yon

Santa Barbara, CA

#23 Mar 6, 2014
Wow that's crazy I think he got justice .and frankly I'm happy he did . I have daughters four to be exact and like said before people who devour the innocents of children should frankly rot . But with that said I pray they find their savior Jesus Christ cause in the bible it states anyone who hurts children is certain to destrution or something along those means . In Haywood county messing with the law and their children for sure he is lucky he wasn't found dead from unexplained occurances

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 min Red Square 59,671
Avengers MC Wed jimmie 3
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Waco 28
Ghost town open? Sep 5 Cassie 2
Quin Theater Sucks (Apr '11) Aug 30 jadevi6 30
Clyde Music Thread (Nov '13) Aug 23 Musikologist 5
Wedding: Ethington-Everett Aug '14 Joe Jim Bob 1
•••
•••
•••

Waynesville Jobs

•••
•••