Motorcycle noise prompts new laws

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Max Kerlin says he moved from Florida to Fairview for peace, quiet and anything but the roar of motorcycles easily heard from his mountainside home.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of575
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lee

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

I'd rather hear loud bikes than booming stereos. But I can do without both. And YES I do ride, a Goldwing.
RON

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Judged:

move back to florida if you don't like it !
Amazed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Leave it to another whiner from Florida to start crying about someone else enjoying themselves. Yes they are loud but I do believe there is some merit to the saving lives theory. Besides its actually their hearing problems and none of my business because I only hear them for the split second it takes for them to go by me then they are gone. More enforcement will only bring out more of the anti-government types that love to compare law enforcement to the Gestapo and any other Nazi organization you can think of. Even though alot of officers ride bikes and think this proposed enforcement is ridiculous, they would be asked to enforce it. I think it is a whole lot easier to just ignore it and let them have their fun as long as they arent hurting anyone. And before anyone says it a bike going by you is not enough to hurt your sensitive ears. If so put some tar around your ankles to keep the ants off your candy a##.
etsidoyehi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

MOTORCYCLES ARE NOWHERE NEAR AS LOUD AS SOME VEHICLE ENGINES I HAVE HEARD IN RECENT YEARS. IF THEY ARE OFFENSIVE TO THIS GENTLEMAN TELL HIM TO WEAR EARPLUGS.
jesse

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

well i have something to say about that. old fort road is davey crocketts bridal trail, and when he was on it there wasnt much noise at all. so the solution; tear up roads sell cars and buy horses to ride to town thank you very much.
mtngrlallmylife

Newton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Why is it always the 'halfbacks' who are complaining? I don't hear the 'natives' complaining nearly as much as the ones moving up here. Go back to where ever you came from if you don't like it here.
muffin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

If this person hates it so bad, then he needs to go back to Florida .I an sick and tired of people from Florida coming up here and thinking that everything should change to suit them. I also think that if he hates motor cycles so bad then he will have to move to the moon to get away from them.I also ride a motor cycle and I am female, so yes I am pissed about the whole situation of hte noise hurting someone 's ears . It is hard enough on the motor cycle riders they don't need another whiner from Florida wanted the laws changed to make them happy.Happy trails motor cycle riders.

Since: Sep 07

WNC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

muffin wrote:
If this person hates it so bad, then he needs to go back to Florida .I an sick and tired of people from Florida coming up here and thinking that everything should change to suit them. I also think that if he hates motor cycles so bad then he will have to move to the moon to get away from them.I also ride a motor cycle and I am female, so yes I am pissed about the whole situation of hte noise hurting someone 's ears . It is hard enough on the motor cycle riders they don't need another whiner from Florida wanted the laws changed to make them happy.Happy trails motor cycle riders.
Hard to believe that one state could hold so many whiners!!!
Crymeariver

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Tell old man Kerlin he needs to turn his miracle ear down a little bit and the noise won't bother him so much. He must have missed the section in his retirement manual that tells him how to handle situations like this. Instead of complaining about the noise he should stand on his front lawn and shake his fist at the bikers as they ride by. That will fix 'em.

“It is what it is”

Since: Feb 07

Where the redwoods grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

An "assault on the environment"???? Come now, let's not be so dramatic. My neighbor likes to start his diesel truck up in the morning in the winter time and let it run and run and run...now THAT is annoying. Maybe I can get my neighbor to go show Mr. Florida what real noise is.
blues dog

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Music to my ears man!
blues dog

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

I meant both the bikes AND the sound of some florida whiner crying!! Makes my day.
lee

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

B-Dog your ears are gone from your Marshall stack's scream anyway!! Play on bro! LOL !

Since: Jul 07

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

RON wrote:
move back to florida if you don't like it !
Completely agreed!

Take your sorry retiree ass back to Florida.

When you got a nice price on a house you should have figured that there would have been strings attached.

The stretch through Fairview is motorcycle heaven, and I would MUCH rather have them here than you!

Again, take your ass back to Florida!
Hemenucha

Marshall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Go back to Florida. The motorcycles were here before you.
Lisa

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

this guy is crazy! there are no law in Florida governing the noise of motorcycles. I know...I lived there myself. Florida is where you can ride them year round, minus the few hours in the afternoon when it rains. And even then, they are on the roads. If ya don't like the sound...get a new house, higher on that mountain and get off your high horse...Cycle riders have all the rights in the world to enjoy the open roads. What are the police going to do? Tell them to shut the engines down, and coast past your house? grow up!!!
Bitter EX democrackkk

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

mtngrlallmylife wrote:
<quoted text> Hard to believe that one state could hold so many whiners!!!
Its majority democrackkk, thats why. Democrackkks WHINE all the time...until the government relieves them...

oh yeah, and people who ride LOUD motorsickles need to be arrested, especially those in packs causing undue noise pollution!
hogman

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

you know it amazes me they say they move up here to get away from crime &(niose)!! well our little
county is dry ,so they whine (you can't even get a beer in this one horse town)well that's why crime is less here duh!!! so put up with some noise and less crime or move back to (cuba) o i mean fl. and yes i have a hog and i spent a grand to get right LOAD sound i wanted and it's not coming of even if i have to move to FL. HAHAH
Spanky

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Moved back to Florida we don't want you in Fairview
Respect for All

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Judged:

I'm not from Florida. I don't object to motorcycles. I live in a cove with 3 Harley riders. But I fail to understand why their pulling out of their drives onto the road has to be "an event" which catches the attention of probably 15-20 households. Sure, it's a rush for the rider. But it's not very considerate. It seems that most commenters here feel the pleasure rush for the rider justifies the displeasure for the listener. Is that really what you're saying? Mufflers were invented for a reason. To reduce noise to a tolerable level. Are you saying that extra power and speed trump public courtesy?(and I'm not a "Democrackkk")

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of575
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waynesville Discussions

Search the Waynesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 16 min State of Florida 49,357
Who will be the next sheriff in Jackson County NC? Apr 13 veteran voter 115
Clyde Music Thread Apr 8 Musikologist 4
Thinking of moving to Shelby (Jul '13) Apr 4 Stuck here 7
Triad Wiccans gather to meditate (Apr '07) Apr 3 Mahdi 65
Maggie Valley Music Thread Mar 28 Musikologist 3
p.o.s with stds and on drugs. Mar 27 to funny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Waynesville Jobs

•••