Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Judged:

New owner? Not that I know of, still in bankruptcy, and probably won't emerge from it.
tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

I wish I could get some straight anwers about ghost town. Really wanted to go this july.
and

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Judged:

Well I can tell you for certain, that this season it will not open, period, no chance. Go to Tweetsie RailRoad in Blowing Rock, a better Park anyway.
Heck

Englewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

The people who are in the Facebook group, for Ghost Town, really need to wake up, that place is gone, and will NEVER open back up.

Face it people, it is over.
tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Judged:

I really hate that ghost town is gone. I hope some day that it will re-open.. It would be great for maggie valley, its a great place to beging with the rebirth of the park it could be a boost to the town.
tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

Wow!! Ghost town may open in 2012.
lol

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

Judged:

tab wrote:
Wow!! Ghost town may open in 2012.
Uh huh, sure, right, not even going to happen.
Happy Three

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh, sure, right, not even going to happen.
Are you sure?

http://www.wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stori...

"A new owner is stepping up to make sure Ghost Town in the Sky doesn't vanish. Alaska Presley was there to help the Maggie Valley amusement park get started more than 50 years ago. But over recent years, the park fell on hard times, went bankrupt, and has fallen into disrepair. Presley says she's purchased Ghost Town's bank notes and assets and wants to get it back up and running to help the people and businesses of Maggie Valley. Ghost Town goes up for public auction on February 10th at the Haywood County courthouse. Alaska Presley says that's a legal procedure and when it's over…Ghost Town will formally belong to her. She says she hopes to have part of the park open by the end of this coming season."
Happy Three

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Heck wrote:
The people who are in the Facebook group, for Ghost Town, really need to wake up, that place is gone, and will NEVER open back up.
Face it people, it is over.
Oh, heck no!
kmccall

Waterloo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

if God williing, ms. presley will get it going. she is being helped by robert bradley in repairs and head of security.Ghost town and maggie valley is close and dear to her heart. she needs all our prayers and support and stand behind her on rebuilding. maggie valley needs ghost town and so does the people and children...
Cassie

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Well what I don't understand is why Ghost Town would close in Oct-Dec. THey are prime months for events. Like Tweetsie Ghost TRain get the point and Dollywood CHristmas get it. You close when you could make the most money. And stay open threw the week not everyone comes on weekends only. With unemployment so high most vacation in the week now, the ones with unemployment money left anyway does. I never vacation on the weekends, I always take trips in the weekdays, If you ever reopen you should think on this and you need more resturants in Maggie too. Joeys is a good place to eat but they close and only open on weekends in Nov Dec jan etc. I go to Paula deens to eat when there. Put in a cracker barrel or something like that so you can do all meals there.
Happy Three

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Check the new website:

http://www.ghostowninthesky.com/
Wanna know

Fort Campbell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Anybody heard when they are gonna open?
wonder1234

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Drive all the way from Ky, because I heard it ghost town was open. Come to find out a zip line was open. Aggravated now.
Happy Three

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

The new zip lines and the sky lift are open.
Cassie

Lawndale, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

wow Kentucky you drove without calling. I called and they said chairlift 15.00 zip line 40.00 no rides or anything is open. Don't waste your time yet. I would not waste my time at all this year to visit them. Maybe not even 2013.
wonder1234

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

We checked the Internet and it said open. Did not say what was open.
Happy Three

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

From the front page of their website:

"We are pleased to announce that Ghost Town is now offering its famous Chairlift Ride and Brand New Ghost Town Zip Lines. Chairlift Riders can also enjoy a Ghost Town Tour of the rest of the park and see what is being planned for the future. Part of Phase One is now open daily 9am-5pm."
Cassie

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

They said Phase 2 was the rides and the gunfights so Phase 1 must be the zipline and chairlift which is not worth my time. Unless they work the rest of the year Phase 2 will not happen next spring. I will be visiting Maggie Valley in Sept Oct and Dec but not for Ghost Town.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waynesville Discussions

Search the Waynesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 9 min Johhny 58,047
Wedding: Ethington-Everett Mon Joe Jim Bob 1
Select Homes Property Management Company Aug 14 Seth Ashford 2
Solar power, dont waste your money Aug 11 bumper 1
Maggie Valley Music Thread (Nov '13) Aug 9 Musikologist 9
Real Estate Appraiser Aug 8 localyokel 1
COLUMN: There will be more losers than winners ... Jul 30 edward 1
•••
•••
•••
Waynesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters