Brown Numbered signs on I-40
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Valerie Hewett

United States

#21 Jul 12, 2013
Some guy who builds bridges googled it and then we googled it and found out what it was
We would never have guessed that in 100 years
My husband and I have been traveling that road for 20 years and could never find out what that meant so thank you to Mr. Google
Valerie Hewett

United States

#22 Jul 12, 2013
I have always wanted to know what those numbers meant
my husband and I have traveled I 40 for 20 years and could never come up with what it was
then I just googled it and it was easy as 123
N and G from Ohio

New York, NY

#23 Jul 14, 2013
We passed by the signs on a trip to International Mascot Competition at Daytona Beach. We wondered about them, and after some discussion, forgot about them. Today we passed them again and decided to see if we could find out what they were. The explanation made perfect sense but our guesses were more entertaining! Then we discovered the blogs! Thanks for the info and the laughs!
SusieQ5280

Concord, NC

#24 May 2, 2014
souphesales wrote:
that's not nearly as entertaining as I wanted it to be.
I totally agree! But great info nonetheless!
Lisa

Duluth, GA

#25 Jun 7, 2014
Thanks. My husband has been wondering for years.
Russell Breedlove wrote:
These signs are for gauging fog conditions. If you notice, there is a camera in the middle of these signs. There is some sort of formula for visibility that tells DOT how bad the fog is by looking at how many signs can be seen during fog or smog conditions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who do you want for sheriff in 2010 (Dec '09) Jul 30 Top Cop 1,401
News Sylva teacher's estranged husband charged after... (Oct '10) Jul 23 MarMathis 6
News Meth lab found in Canton Jul 23 MarMathis 1
Need info Jul 17 boko IRGUN 10
Clyde Music Thread (Nov '13) Jul 15 Musikologist 7
News Preacher's son Tim Tyson explores North Carolin... (Jun '08) Jul 12 american 82
News Flying high in the wild blue yonder Jul 12 american 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waynesville Mortgages