Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Buffalo, NY

#41975 Aug 19, 2013
The voices are back and they keep telling me to kill republikans, kill republikans, kill republikans, kill republikans, kill republikans.....
Boo

Greer, SC

#41976 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
The voices are back and they keep telling me to kill republikans, kill republikans, kill republikans, kill republikans, kill republikans.....
I hope you are a republican!!! it's a starting place.
Psychoticus

Greer, SC

#41977 Aug 19, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, I am not a fan of the city, I just went to university there. I am from the NYC area.
OSU has suspended its 7th player. Buffalo only has to loose by less than 28 to make this a moral victory!
The South inflicted horrible caualties on the North in the Civil War,despite being hampered by an agrarian economy and an almost total total lack of industry.How`d that work out for them? Ohio State is a breeding ground for NFL players.
Boo

Greer, SC

#41978 Aug 19, 2013
Dang wrote:
"The McDonald's workforce skews young. The average age of a fast-food worker is almost 30 right now, but thatís because of the recession; in 2000, it was 22. The average McDonald's line worker is not planning to put two kids through college on their salary. Only a minority are trying to support just themselves exclusively on their minimum-wage paycheck; they are living with a spouse or partner who makes at least as much as they do, or with parents or other relatives who make more than minimum wage. Moreover, very few people stay in entry-level minimum-wage jobs for very long (though again, the Great Recession has made this happen more than it used to); those workers eventually get promoted or leave for a more promising job.
Those who donít -- who actually try to support a family on minimum-wage paychecks -- will end up with substantial government support. Theyíll get the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the Earned Income Tax Credit and, in many places, they will now be eligible for Medicaid.
Is that going to be easy? No. But is it impossible? Also no, which we know because there are millions of people in this country doing it. Keep in mind that most McDonald's workers donít live close to New York City or Washington, the sources of much of the commentary Iíve seen. These are, respectively, the first- and fourth-most-expensive cities in the country. In many areas, the median after-tax household income is not that far from that on the McDonald's worksheet, and itís pretty easy to rent a room in a friendís house for less than $600 a month. Memphis, Tenn., for example, has a median household income of $35,000, which, according to Paycheckcity.com ís take-home calculator, would give a single person about $2,300 a month after taxes. And thatís the median -- 50 percent of the city is below that. You should not develop a theory of household finance that declares that the city of Memphis does not exist."
Funny how the media and Gov. construe numbers.
Psychoticus

Greer, SC

#41979 Aug 19, 2013
NYC.What an overrated dung heap.Pizza is great there though.Much better than the fungus pile pizza they think is so great in Chicago.Chicago sucks even more than NYC.
Lemon Drop Kid

Greer, SC

#41980 Aug 19, 2013
When the scummy terrorists ignite their N-bomb,it will most likely be in NYC.Thats unfortunate.Talk about being the center of attention!
Boo

Marrakech, Morocco

#41981 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>But actually I am insane, that's why I'm for Obamacare, my private medical coverage is doing nothing to get rid of these voices in my head.
Join the club, I'm insane too, as well as being morbidly obese. I love food and laying behind a computer stuffing my fat ugly face.
State of Denial

Charlotte, NC

#41982 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Gaston Day looks like a good school as far as NC private schools are concerned. I would say they are a rare exception . They do not offer advanced courses except on line, a distinct disadvantage. They do not list the qualifications of their teachers, which raises questions.
They require exemplary behavior from their students , a good thing. They are not forced to take probationary criminals by the court system like public schools are required to do, another good thing.
Making private schools available to give more choices, a good thing. Defunding public schools ,in an effort to make private schools more competitive, a seriously dishonest and misguided bad thing. The fraud in other states which have done this speaks for itself.
Tuition and Fees for 2013-2014
Pre-School (half day):$4,300
Pre-School (full day):$5,550
Pre-K (half day):$5,000
Pre-K (full day):$6,250
K-4th:$12,725
5th-8th:$13,955
9th-12th:$13,640
<quoted text>
I'm friends with the headmaster at Gaston Day and trust me, their teachers are super qualified.

There's a waiting list for kindergarten age children. The parents are vested in this school and their children and won't accept anything less than a quality education.

Also, they're vested in the community enough to offer financial aide. I think even you could find very little wrong with this school.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#41983 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>But actually I am insane, that's why I'm for Obamacare, my private medical coverage is doing nothing to get rid of these voices in my head.
LOL

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#41984 Aug 19, 2013
Psychoticus wrote:
<quoted text>The South inflicted horrible caualties on the North in the Civil War,despite being hampered by an agrarian economy and an almost total total lack of industry.How`d that work out for them? Ohio State is a breeding ground for NFL players.
One thing at a time please... What?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#41985 Aug 19, 2013
Psychoticus wrote:
NYC.What an overrated dung heap.Pizza is great there though.Much better than the fungus pile pizza they think is so great in Chicago.Chicago sucks even more than NYC.
I must say, even as a New Yorker, Chicago pizza is awesome! Restaurant life in downtown Chicago is also awesome. That is a great town....coming from a New Yorker.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41986 Aug 19, 2013
I Hate Syracuse, be careful in responding to TSF as he has an imposter placing fake posts in his name.If there is no locator on the post, its not him.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#41987 Aug 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I Hate Syracuse, be careful in responding to TSF as he has an imposter placing fake posts in his name.If there is no locator on the post, its not him.
Thanks...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#41988 Aug 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I noticed the locator as well. Hate those fake posters can't trust a thing they write.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#41989 Aug 19, 2013
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.ó Florida's education commissioner resigned Thursday following revelations that he altered the school grading formula in his former state of Indiana to benefit a charter school.

Tony Bennett, the former Indiana state superintendent of public instruction, had directed staff to reconsider a new system after Christel House Academy in Indianapolis, operated by a donor to his campaign ($130,000), dropped from an A to a C. The Florida Board of Education hired Bennett in December after he lost his re-election bid in Indiana
Psychoticus

Greer, SC

#41990 Aug 19, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>I must say, even as a New Yorker, Chicago pizza is awesome! Restaurant life in downtown Chicago is also awesome. That is a great town....coming from a New Yorker.
I truly detest Chicago.In reality,you cant tell Chicago from Gary Indiana anymore.I like the people,the lakefront is nice.Certainly,the wind coming off the big lake in the winter is "interesting"Actuall y upstate NY is far prettier than nasty old Illinois.
Crazy Mary

Greer, SC

#41991 Aug 19, 2013
My first husband drove into Lake Michigan drunk.His body rolled ashore a week later.He used to beat my ass every day.To this day I love that lake.And the lousy brakes on that Gremlin.
Josey Wales

Greer, SC

#41992 Aug 19, 2013
Buzzards gotta eat too.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#41993 Aug 19, 2013
Psychoticus wrote:
<quoted text>I truly detest Chicago.In reality,you cant tell Chicago from Gary Indiana anymore.I like the people,the lakefront is nice.Certainly,the wind coming off the big lake in the winter is "interesting"Actuall y upstate NY is far prettier than nasty old Illinois.
I loved going to college up there! But, once I graduated, it was time for me to go.
Boo

Marrakech, Morocco

#41994 Aug 19, 2013
Just to let everyone know, I'm also Dang, Psychoticus, Crazy Mary and whatever else I occasionally dig up as a moniker.My established moniker is emlu and waco is my little strange bipolar boyfriend who also likes to play musical monikers like myself.It's all for fun and to make topix more interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
watern hole May 22 frank 1
Beware vern charlie mcmillon (Oct '16) May 10 errrr 5
Brown Numbered signs on I-40 (Apr '08) Apr '17 Stinkulus Maximus 35
Stockings and Garter Belts: (Sep '07) Apr '17 Todd 62
Jackson County Magistrate Apr '17 usa 1
News Public perspectives on Corridor K (May '11) Apr '17 Travis 13
Waitress at exit 24 Mar '17 Detroit Kid 1

Waynesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance