'Shop with a Cop' provides Christmas to 190 children, thanks to police effort

Dec 17, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pulaski County Daily

Cpl. Jennifer Hicks of the St. Robert Police Department helps Nicky Paskiand buy a large candy bar for his mother.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
michelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

My grandson loved it he got alot oftoys lol
amber

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

My father is the one who started that back in the 80's.. Somewhere around 88 if I remember correctly. Back when Wal Mart was where JC Pennys is now. He actually started it back in Las Vegas when I was about 11 and I am 36 now. Someone else took credit for it just like here. Another officer took credit for it and my dad didn't get crap. I have videos, photos and more from HIM STARTING IT!!! If anyone would like to see it just let me know.
factsbeforeficti on

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

amber wrote:
My father is the one who started that back in the 80's.. Somewhere around 88 if I remember correctly. Back when Wal Mart was where JC Pennys is now. He actually started it back in Las Vegas when I was about 11 and I am 36 now. Someone else took credit for it just like here. Another officer took credit for it and my dad didn't get crap. I have videos, photos and more from HIM STARTING IT!!! If anyone would like to see it just let me know.
Amber, no one is disputing who started it. The kids are the winners here. I'm sure your dad didn't want anything in return if in fact he did start it. I don't quite understand your post.
michelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Amber your dad sounds like a wonderful man was a great ideal he started my grandson still talks bout shopping with a cop thinks was so cool I thank you and your family for starting this for all our lil one thanks you and merry Xmas
Amber

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Judged:

I am just putting it out there that my father started the program and was pushed aside and someone else claimed that they started the program. He doesn't want anything from the kids or anything like that. We just want people to know that it was him who brought the program here to Rolla from Las Vegas. . I have been to a few of them and I love watching the kids running around buying things. They do get very excited and I love it. My father wasn't able to attend this years Shop With A Cop because his health is very bad. Can hardly stand or anything. My father is a wonderful man with a huge heart for kids. That is why he started this program back in the early 80's in Las Vegas and decided around 88 when we moved here to bring it to Rolla for the children who's families and parents can't give them enough. I love seeing that it is all over the country now. .
akzbb

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

its not being done for credit. just stating a fact, so let this drop the guy is now dying and needs no problems. thank you hes glad he did it and hope it goes on for years to come. merry christmas to u all
akzbb

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

glue wrote:
It becomes less charitable if you are just doing it for the credit. Of course it wasn't you who started it anyway. I wonder if your father would be dancing around on Topix looking for credit?
No, He did it for the kids, not for any CREDIT.
akzbb

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

michelle wrote:
Amber your dad sounds like a wonderful man was a great ideal he started my grandson still talks bout shopping with a cop thinks was so cool I thank you and your family for starting this for all our lil one thanks you and merry Xmas
Thank you, he started because of all the needy kids whos parents were having a hard time. He only tried to help
akzbb

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

factsbeforefiction wrote:
<quoted text>
Amber, no one is disputing who started it. The kids are the winners here. I'm sure your dad didn't want anything in return if in fact he did start it. I don't quite understand your post.
He really did start it. everyone let it go, please no more talking about it. and yes the kids are the winners , and no he wasts nothing in return
killa

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

akzbb wrote:
<quoted text>No, He did it for the kids, not for any CREDIT.
If he wasn't seeking credit then, why are you seeking credit now?
star

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

I think the kids are all that should matter FACTS it's not about who gets credit it bout the children there the winner just wish ppl like you would keep ur two cents to urself it's not about you are who gets credit it's about the kids
akzbb

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

star wrote:
I think the kids are all that should matter FACTS it's not about who gets credit it bout the children there the winner just wish ppl like you would keep ur two cents to urself it's not about you are who gets credit it's about the kids
this is not directed to u star. he did this for the kids not for himself. hes dying now so everyone needs to let this go. he never ask for credit, he did what he new was right. it was started out in vegas because of all the needy kids out there. so let it go. she just mentioned her father started it. no biggy
killa

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

She brought it up out of nowhere. Not us. Means she wants credit for something she didn't even do. Someday, hopefully she will be comfortable enough with herself to give and not make sure everyone is watching.
Hick

Saint James, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Shop with a Cop started in Rolla in 1989. It was Seth Turner's idea.
akzbb

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

killa wrote:
She brought it up out of nowhere. Not us. Means she wants credit for something she didn't even do. Someday, hopefully she will be comfortable enough with herself to give and not make sure everyone is watching.
just give it up NO BODY WANTS ANY CREDIT FOR ANYTHING. YOU ALL ARE PETTY and just need to start CRAP grow up. stop being petty all the time. he could care less. just like i8 SAID HES DYING LET IT GO GO!!!!!! who cares if everyone is watching , she was just STATING HER FATHER BROUGHT IT TO ROLLA thats all
killa

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

akzbb wrote:
<quoted text>just give it up NO BODY WANTS ANY CREDIT FOR ANYTHING. YOU ALL ARE PETTY and just need to start CRAP grow up. stop being petty all the time. he could care less. just like i8 SAID HES DYING LET IT GO GO!!!!!! who cares if everyone is watching , she was just STATING HER FATHER BROUGHT IT TO ROLLA thats all
Whoa... Awfully sensitive.
mama

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Damn people, she just said that is was her dad he started the program. Her father is dying, so grow the hell up and drop it. She nor her father are looking for any credit. So stop being ignorant and stop talking crap.
amber

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

killa wrote:
Excuse me, but I donated to the Denny Ford fill a truck taking them 5 cases of food, donated 10 toys to toys for tots and also donated items to people who needed them all in the last few weeks and I NEVER ASKED FOR CREDIT ON THOSE... All I did was state a fact and DID NOT ASK FOR CREDIT for my father!! He is dying now and I would appreciate you people who are trying to start a bunch of crap to just drop it... I am DONE with this thread... This is all I have to say to you people.. Merry Christmas..
Chelle

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

killa wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, telling everyone what you did. Looking for even more credit. Why do you keep bringing up that he is dying? That obviously sucks, but you seem to want to use that to obfuscate your original, credit-grabbing argument.
killa, I see you have a LOT to say about everybody's posts.. hah Well just to let you know I AM NOT looking for any credit, I was making a point to the person who made a comment about me and so called trying to take credit for what my father did. I am not wanting anyone to give me any credit for my donations to people for the holiday season. Like I said, I was MAKING A POINT.. What have you done for anybody, besides bashing people on this stupid site? heh Merry Christmas.. I am sure you're not on Santa's list this year. You have not been NICE!
akzbb

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

killa wrote:
go to hell u don't know whats going on

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waynesville Discussions

Search the Waynesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 21 min Clinton-Obama agenda 92,309
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 8 hr Same 6,874
4 arrested for drug trafficking (Jun '07) 21 hr plow boy 99 2
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) Wed who cares 18,912
School janitor accused of having sexual contact... (Jul '12) Tue Yup their ignorant 17
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 18 guest 262
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Apr 14 guest 10,206
•••
•••
•••
•••

Waynesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waynesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance