Golden Isles Speedway hosting Super Bowl of Racing

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article By Chad Cushnir First Coast News WAYNESVILLE, GA -- Golden Isles Speedway is located near the county line that seperates Glynn County and Brantley County. Full Story
Jon

Vidalia, GA

#1 Jan 29, 2008
There'll be some drunks out this week.
Terry Caton

Herndon, VA

#2 Jan 29, 2008
If you have not been to a dirt track race in a few years I suggest you visit Golden Isles Speedway sometime this week. GIS has elevated local dirt track racing to a level not seen before. There will be over 100 of the top dirt racing teams in the country competing nightly at GIS.
As for Jon's comment, there will be plenty of local and state police on the grounds making sure everyone enjoys the activities in a responsible manner.
If you have to pick a night to attend, make it Friday or Saturday night. These nights have the most racing of any night during the week. There is a good chance that you might even get to see a few of the NASCAR drivers return to dirt track racing for a night or two.
No I do not work for GIS - I work in the dirt track racing industry and I am extremely proud of our racers!
OMG

Hortense, GA

#3 Feb 6, 2008
yea!!!! hurry... pay that entrance fee so they can pay the land developers to finish cutting the rest of the trees down (noise buffers) so we can all enjoy the race noise and dust!!!!
BELLYBUTTON

Hortense, GA

#4 Mar 21, 2008
OMG wrote:
yea!!!! hurry... pay that entrance fee so they can pay the land developers to finish cutting the rest of the trees down (noise buffers) so we can all enjoy the race noise and dust!!!!
I couldn't have said it any better myself!!!!I agree with you completely and 100%!!!!
race fan

Hamilton, Canada

#5 Jun 2, 2008
quit complaining about the noise and the dust. It is only two times a month. There is nothing else to do around here anyway. My house is close and I enjoy the action going on when I can't make it. Maybe you should come and watch the race sometime. You may enjoy it....
abc

Wichita, KS

#6 Jun 13, 2008
Racing can be fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NewKKK finds place to rally in Brantley County (Feb '10) Sep '14 Stephen Beasley 43
KKK Plans Rally Saturday In Nahunta (Feb '10) Sep '14 Stephen Beasley 16
New to Area Jul '14 Yeller Jacket 4
Waynesville Sex....What's Hot???? (Oct '08) May '14 Clutch 21
How bad does Waynesville, Georgia Suck? (Feb '08) May '14 Farrell 26
Although unofficial in Glynn, Beaches to the Be... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Booch Hubbare 6
Ghost of Surrency (Jan '11) Apr '14 Farrell Landon ak... 14
Waynesville Dating
Find my Match

Waynesville Jobs

Waynesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waynesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waynesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]