Charlottesville Police Charge 13-Year...

Charlottesville Police Charge 13-Year-Olds in Buford Incident - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA Ne...

There are 39 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 20, 2012, titled Charlottesville Police Charge 13-Year-Olds in Buford Incident - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA Ne.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The NBC29 newsroom received the following release from the Charlottesville Police Department: On January 12 th at approx.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 20, 2012
Who would have guessed kids from the hood would be capable of such crimes! They are starting their lives of crime so early. Way to get a head start!
Andrew r

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 20, 2012
Boy those hood rats always gettin' into trouble.
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 20, 2012
They learn from the best, good ole mom and dad, whoever he is.
Angry Dad

Garner, NC

#4 Jan 20, 2012
And how long will it take for some random defender to come on and post how they are all good people, how we don't understand what kind of dumpster they came out of, etc. etc. etc.

I thought throwing taxpayer's money at technology and iPads was supposed to cure the ills of school. Whoops.
WhyNow

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 20, 2012
I'd like Longo to explain why they first declined to pursue this case, calling it a school matter, then after increased media attention, they changed course and began to investigate. First he disappears during the Occupy fiasco, then this. Why do our civic leaders become ghosts when the pressure gets turned up?
cjj

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 20, 2012
THIS IS THE SCHOL MY CHILD WILL GO TO NEXT YEAR!!!!! SOME SCHOOL!!! SOME SCHOOL! I ALREADY KNOW WHAT THA DEAL WAS CUZ IM HERE IN IN IT!!!! U GOTTA DU THIS 2 ME 2 Me at school2!!!!!!!!!!
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 21, 2012
cjj wrote:
THIS IS THE SCHOL MY CHILD WILL GO TO NEXT YEAR!!!!! SOME SCHOOL!!! SOME SCHOOL! I ALREADY KNOW WHAT THA DEAL WAS CUZ IM HERE IN IN IT!!!! U GOTTA DU THIS 2 ME 2 Me at school2!!!!!!!!!!
frequency will increase with expanding income chasm, tsk tsk posts will multiply, and god will smile
Valley Farmer

Wytheville, VA

#9 Jan 21, 2012
Good to catch them early, they might learn something. Even if they don't the lesson will not be lost on most of their peers.
It would be good if NBC29 posted more details rather than a press release from authorities. Is this an isolated incident or an everyday occurrence? Are police called often to the school? What are school officials doing? What are teachers saying?
Boo

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jan 21, 2012
comment critical of PD deleted
Intelligence

Canton, MI

#11 Jan 21, 2012
The liberal left wing nut jobs in this city need to start holding the parents responsible for their children's actions and stop blaming society or some other socially acceptable scape goat!!
sami

United States

#12 Jan 21, 2012
them kids need a good ole a** whoopn...ughhh i hate ghetto little kids! they learn it from them barney bad a** moms who think everybody scared of them.
Baby Chitlin

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jan 21, 2012
These rats work in groups. If two were caught that means ten got away.
Baby Chitlin

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jan 21, 2012
cjj wrote:
Make sure your kid has a nine millimeter so he or she will "fit in" with Holly's trainee Undiscovered Treasures at Buford.
Crozetbob

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jan 21, 2012
It's all whitey's fault!
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jan 21, 2012
"There were also reports that two of the suspects had pointed handguns at some of the victims."

Middle schoolers with handguns?

I'll bet UVA doesn't put this article in their brochures to lure new students.

UVA students have a long history of getting robbed on and near Grady Avenue but these news events seldom seem to make the news.

Ah, image..........
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 21, 2012
In effect we have no mayor or chief of police. We do have a sexist pig with an ego to show off to his fellow countrymen back home. And a do nothing lump head just waiting for the right job to come along so he can do nothing for law and order in some other town.
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jan 21, 2012
Well, the lump head had enough sense to get out of his old job in Baltimore's "Combat Zone" and come to Charlottesville (a big Mayberry on crack) so he's not a total lump head. Our welfare mecca is many times safer for a policeman than Baltimore is.

After watching Huja take his media bows one might think he actually won a real election instead of being chosen by the lowlife loving mafia that comprises the city clowncil.

Considering how many of Charlottesville's welfare elite currently can't vote because of past felony convictions there is the chance that even a Republican might win an open, honest election in this "central Virginia answer to California."

I suspect that if this place had a city government that was made up of hard nosed pragmatic people that had real jobs the police department would have a LOT more operational latitude than it currently does.

Who hires and fires the police chief? Yeah, right.

I have been told that is the city council that steadfastly refuses to ask for help from the federal government to fight the huge drug industry that is, in fact, one of the largest employers around here that no one dares talk about.

The drugs are the root of the big crimes around here----murder, assault, burglary, robbery and the rest.
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jan 21, 2012
Knowing this and the cops have the gaul to do nothing but ride around all day handing out parking tickets and cruising with cell phones stuck in their ears while drugs are rampant in the streets is infuriating.
KC parent

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jan 21, 2012
How can this story go from "no criminal act occurring" to kids being charged with felonies? How can the principal of Buford issue a letter to parents of his school saying guns were "displayed" at a middleschool game,wheh it says in this article police were notified the night of the incident that Kate Collin's students were assaulted with said gun? Is it because the parents wouldn't let it rest until the truth came out?
Me and just Me

Rustburg, VA

#21 Jan 21, 2012
FreelanceEMT wrote:
Who would have guessed kids from the hood would be capable of such crimes! They are starting their lives of crime so early. Way to get a head start!
Seriously?? It is the ignorance of people like you that hold the world behind....there are numerous examples of people that have risen out of poverty, as well as failures that come out of wealthy neighborhoods! Get a clue....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving to Waynesboro, getting away ... (Dec '14) Aug 6 KKKdeeeznuts 4
Sonya Coffey Jun '16 calf mountain nei... 3
Town of fishersville Jun '16 Guest 1
baby Horn jan 1958 information Jun '16 lucy 1
Swannanoa Mansion (Feb '07) Nov '15 barnes 404
wandering (Aug '15) Aug '15 jackson co 2
Lowes Lies (Aug '15) Aug '15 Bad Buisness 1

Waynesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waynesboro Mortgages