Greene County Man Charged in Marijuan...

Greene County Man Charged in Marijuana Bust - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea...

There are 61 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Oct 15, 2012, titled Greene County Man Charged in Marijuana Bust - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A Greene County man is under arrest after a marijuana bust. William Randy Shifflett Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mitt Romney would say

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 15, 2012
How much money did we have to borrow from China to bust this dope grower? Was it worth it...I doubt it.
UVA Mom

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 15, 2012
Don't let looks deceive you! I am a Shifflett from Greene, and can proudly say I have a child attending UVa. Many people get busted for marijuana, not Shiffletts.
dog

Lovingston, VA

#4 Oct 15, 2012
he is a good dude
DID YOU HEAR THAT

East Lansing, MI

#5 Oct 15, 2012
Man not another Shifflett.
gah

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Oct 15, 2012
Shifflett !

(how does one 'manufacture' pot plants?)
A Reader

Richmond, VA

#10 Oct 15, 2012
UVA Mom wrote:
Don't let looks deceive you! I am a Shifflett from Greene, and can proudly say I have a child attending UVa. Many people get busted for marijuana, not Shiffletts.
Congratulations on your child attending UVA. We're formerly from Greene and our daughter graduated from UVA with a masters in Civil Engineering. Proud to know another Green Mom who agrees with us -- not all Greene COunty people (including SHiffletts) are bad.
SHIFFLETT IS my Last NAME

Montpelier, VA

#11 Oct 15, 2012
People should not sterotype other people just because of the last name.People are everywhere that has the same last names and It's not only the Shifflett's that makes the news. Are you ashamed of who you are you rotten ORANGE!!
concerned

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Oct 15, 2012
I am a Shifflett with a Master's Degree from the University of Virginia. The surprising thing for me is the difference in the way that one is treated with the last name of Shifflett. There are a lot of Shiffletts - and a few deviant personalities in every family; I guess. And there are a lot of good productive people that should be treated with respect and not stereotyping.
Anonymous

Paducah, KY

#15 Oct 15, 2012
I know someone who knows him. He's not a bad person. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was only doing it to help pay for his house bills. It's sad to see how this turned out for him.
Colt 45

Berryville, VA

#16 Oct 15, 2012
What a shame,now all that money will be going to
Mexico.Mucho Gracias.
concerned

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Oct 15, 2012
UVA Mom wrote:
Stinky Orange, I am a Shifflett. I've graduated from school, got a 2 year college degree, and have worked hard all my life. I can say the very same thing about my parents. One thing we do have and you don't is manners and an open-mind towards all people. I don't judge by names, but by character and actions.
2 year college degree?? Oh congratulations! You got a 2-year certificate from Piedmont Virginia Community College. I bet your family is so proud. I on the other hand, have a 4-year degree from a University and I work for a major corporation making copious amounts of money. My bi-weekly paycheck puts your life to shame.
You, and all Shifflett's are Inferior to me, so SHUT YOUR MOUTH
MY REPLY TO TWO ABOVE: UVA Mom - continue to be proud of yourself and your family ethics.
WILBUR -the person and ethics including respect of others is much more important than a 4-year degree from "a university" and working for a "major corporation". UVA Mom deserves an apology. Your last name isn't mentioned but every person deserves to be treated with respect.
JCS

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Oct 15, 2012
Civility, people, civility . . .
WOW

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Oct 15, 2012
First name has nothing to do with it, I was let go by a gay black man and in serious need of job, he was making money leave him alone, I can't find a job get real police we all have to live and please leave Greene alone as well
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#20 Oct 15, 2012
If he was earning income, the only thing he should be charged with is tax evasion.(and some sort of regulatory fine) Of course it's illegal, but so is trick-or-treating on Halloween. Regulate it, tax it, keep it out of the hands of the real criminals and those that would sell drugs to children.(like liquor stores)
AAAAA

Roanoke, VA

#21 Oct 15, 2012
When 1 out of 3 people in Greene county is named Shifflett,the odds of a Shifflett being arrested is pretty high.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#22 Oct 15, 2012
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/10/17...
Even squirrels learn from thier mistakes, why can't we?

“bad luck or no luck”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#23 Oct 15, 2012
omg, they arreasted bigfoot!
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Oct 15, 2012
Cville has its stereotypes, so does Greene. Where there's smoke..........
parsely

Amherst, VA

#25 Oct 15, 2012
what
Townie

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Oct 15, 2012
When are you pot heads going to get it? The government could care less whether you smoke marijuana. Virginia, a state that is still pretty stiff compared to others, treats simple possession of marijuana as a joke. The first one is a freebie and subsequent offenses are treated like a traffic ticket.
The problem with marijuana legalization revolves around taxes. A person, such as Mr. Shifflett here, can make a six figure salary and pay zero income taxes. Sure, I understand the whole "legalizing will lower the cost" argument, but also understand that if it becomes legal every other home will be growing weed in their flower bed instead of tomatoes this spring...meaning gov't regulation wouldn't become the cash cow everyone imagines it will be.
So, this is what we're left with. Mr. Shifflett won't spend any serious time in jail and will back in the miracle grow in no time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Montainer Feb 19 Black Mountainer 1
Virginia Department Corrections Feb 7 Failed Leadership 1
toy store Jan '18 new 1
Shameful McDonalds Nov '17 Shameful McDonalds 1
Prison Officers Alone Sep '17 Prison Officers A... 1
Replace DOC Leadership (Aug '17) Aug '17 Replace DOC Leade... 1
Has anyone heard about this Trump Fortunes comp... (May '17) May '17 HarleyAllTheWay78 1

Waynesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waynesboro Mortgages