Dog Shot in VA Home Invasion Euthanized

The 55-pound dog was shot during a home invasion on July 9. The shooting prompted an outpouring of donations for the dog's care at Westwood Animal Hospital. Full Story
Pissed

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Wonder why the dog bit people look at the freaking trauma it has been through in such a short period of time. IT WAS JUST BC IT WAS A PITBULL! I would have never turned mine over especially after it was protecting what was rightfully his! This is BS.
chili squirts

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 8, 2013
Pissed wrote:
IT WAS JUST BC IT WAS A PITBULL!
thanks for clearing that up
Observer

Penn Laird, VA

#3 Feb 8, 2013
Pissed wrote:
Wonder why the dog bit people look at the freaking trauma it has been through in such a short period of time. IT WAS JUST BC IT WAS A PITBULL! I would have never turned mine over especially after it was protecting what was rightfully his! This is BS.
This short report is just the tip of the iceberg. Besides biting several people, the owner refused to do what was required to keep a dangerous dog. He was given several chances and he refused. They worked with him in Staunton and in Waynesboro, but he refused to do what it took to keep Boss alive.

Regardless of the cause of a dog biting people repeatedly, the dog is dangerous and cannot be controlled. If a poodle continually bites people they will be deemed a dangerous dog and be put down if the owner does not control and confine them.
poor boss

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 8, 2013
thats just wrong and sad its not the breed its the owner.
Pissed

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Whatever!
What

Monroe, VA

#6 Feb 8, 2013
poor boss wrote:
thats just wrong and sad its not the breed its the owner.
So you think the owner should be put down instead?????
Chuck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 11, 2013
poor boss wrote:
thats just wrong and sad its not the breed its the owner.
I disagree. I think it was the shooting incident that turned that dog into a biter. IMHO, there is a pretty good chance the dog could have been trained to reverse its biting trend. But it probably would have cost a lot of time and money.

They should have made the guys who shot the dog pay for the training.
Pissed

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>This short report is just the tip of the iceberg. Besides biting several people, the owner refused to do what was required to keep a dangerous dog. He was given several chances and he refused. They worked with him in Staunton and in Waynesboro, but he refused to do what it took to keep Boss alive.
Regardless of the cause of a dog biting people repeatedly, the dog is dangerous and cannot be controlled. If a poodle continually bites people they will be deemed a dangerous dog and be put down if the owner does not control and confine them.
Whatever!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
False prophets of Augusta County, Va Oct 18 Livn4Him 2
Waynesboro Lowes Manager Oct 15 Bad Attitude 2
Waynesboro Police Investigate Fishburne Militar... (Oct '12) Oct 8 Ringer 26
Crimora Man Denied Bond for Second Time (Jul '13) Oct 7 heather stamper 7
Missing Persons Case Has a Few Twists (Jun '13) Oct 1 Heatherstamper 5
Waynesboro Lowes (Apr '13) Sep 26 Lowes Appliances 7
Augusta Man Faces Felony Sex Charges - NBC29 WV... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Anonymous A 5
Waynesboro Dating
Find my Match

Waynesboro Jobs

Waynesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waynesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waynesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]