TDS Internet is slowing down in wayne...

TDS Internet is slowing down in waynesboro

Posted in the Waynesboro Forum

A and D Computer

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Aug 27, 2012
Tds internet has grown in wayne county but no upgrades getting done.
instead of upgrade on our service they are just cutting all customers internet back on customers. i went from 3 meg to only 1.5 meg. i think they got a government grant to do upgrades they need to use it for that. but even tho they have more customers the just cut everyone back on the little bit of crappy service they already had. I want everyone to call tds let them know this is unexceptable as the service in wayne county sucks already. if they go slower they may as well go back to dial up.so call tds tell the get to updating and stop screwing us raw. most of you already dont get what your paying for. the way to check your speed is to go to speedtest.net just hit check now button.call tds today tell them upgrade not down grade us. 1-888-225-5837 tell them enough is enough.
hobie

United States

#2 Aug 27, 2012
what they need is a little competition
texsT

Adkins, TX

#3 Aug 27, 2012
Yep....they have the lock on internet service here for the most part and it's limited to certain areas . They don't seem interested in serving everyone here with good internet speeds.
GOOD OLD COUNTRY BOY

Lobelville, TN

#4 Aug 29, 2012
i have called several times complaining out side of town all we have is dial up & it keeps getting slower they dont care because they know the only other way is 60.00 to 100.00 per month for satilite but like every thing in wayne county the cops run over every body & laugh because every one is afraid of them the stores control who has a store walmart tried to come here 4 times & was not allowed to to many jobs would be created that shows u the few that control the county dont even care about there own kin that have to leave the county or state to find work because the few wealthy & greedy dont care about any budy even there own kids& they know who they are
juggler

United States

#5 Aug 29, 2012
hughes net 39.95 amonth took right out of account pretty decent internet
duh

Cedar City, UT

#6 Aug 30, 2012
GOOD OLD COUNTRY BOY wrote:
i have called several times complaining out side of town all we have is dial up & it keeps getting slower they dont care because they know the only other way is 60.00 to 100.00 per month for satilite but like every thing in wayne county the cops run over every body & laugh because every one is afraid of them the stores control who has a store walmart tried to come here 4 times & was not allowed to to many jobs would be created that shows u the few that control the county dont even care about there own kin that have to leave the county or state to find work because the few wealthy & greedy dont care about any budy even there own kids& they know who they are
If Walmart was to come to our town it would put good people out of business like Piggly wiggly and other stuff! Iwould much rather have the good deals I get at the Piggly wiggly and the personal service I get at Duren's than any Wal mart!!

What does any of this have to do with our internet service???
Ace

Pauline, SC

#7 Aug 30, 2012
Yes....our local business is "so great".....LOL !!! Not having anything here just gives me reason to go elsewhere to shop.
dmbass

United States

#8 Aug 30, 2012
durens is cheaper than walmart on meds. already save alot beat walmart prices,waynesboro like clifton all buildings got sign on them , but it for looks check out lees servic station main st. clifton painted for movie,lmao
Allen

Pauline, SC

#9 Aug 31, 2012
Prices may be cheaper......selection sucks.
big joe

United States

#10 Sep 1, 2012
this was internet topix. not grocery stores
Allen

Tuskegee, AL

#12 Sep 2, 2012
big joe wrote:
this was internet topix. not grocery stores
No sh!t ....
Rocker

United States

#13 Sep 9, 2012
Just a thought....

Yes, I've noticed what seems like a slow down as well. If you can use a speed test to validate the claim that it is indeed slow. And depending on what your individual agreement with TDS is on speed.

If you document the speed checks with screen shots pointing to speeds that are below your individual agreement with TDS, you may have legal grounds for a 'breach of contract'. Personally, using that as a basis, I'd send TDS a letter saying that you don't feel it's correct paying an agreed price for a service you didn't get or aren't getting. You would still have to pay the agreed price or YOU would be in breach. But giving warning to TDS is the first step.
Rocker

United States

#14 Sep 9, 2012
That holds with the server being 'off line' or 'out of service' a lot of the time. Like you're paying for 30 days service and only getting 26. Your contract should read 'per month'. I don't recall that day number is indicated.
just courious

Cedar City, UT

#15 Oct 21, 2012
tds will tell you that the best speed test site is www.speedtest.net ---I pay for 5 mps speed and only get from .11 to 1.42---.11 is almost 2x faster than dial up butis still to slow to play online games.
complaining to tds has given me 15 dollars off of my internet bill each month for 1 year after the year is up i have to call again to recieve it again ---power cycling wont help much but if they reset it at the office it gets better for a day or so
it is a capisity problem and they are working on it but not enough people live here to buy new equipment so they will up grade a bigger city and take their used equipment to upgrade us
also was told that on of the problems is that some counties are giving them problems with permits ect. wouldnt say if that was our problem but we are on the active list for upgrades
as for other services watch what you are getting especially if you online play because there is a limit to upload and downloads and once those limits are reached the bill gets outragous.
on a nother side note never ever sign up with security networks home security company their contracts are way too long and there isnt a way out of them---read it on the net and at the bbb
TDS Customer

Spring Hill, TN

#16 Feb 20, 2013
I agree - I have had nothing but trouble out of my TDS DSL Internet. It is ridiciously slow. I've been told they are running new lines for a fiber optic upgrade but no one knows when it will be available or who will be able to get access to it. We need another Internet service provider (other than Netease - can't get wireless without line of sight of their tower).
nogoods

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Mar 6, 2013
Our net slowed down here too so How you get them to fix this? My oldest son cannot use hes laptop here now.
waynebound

Union City, TN

#20 Nov 4, 2015
Still slow ?
Visitor

Columbia, TN

#21 Nov 5, 2015
TDS Customer wrote:
I agree - I have had nothing but trouble out of my TDS DSL Internet. It is ridiciously slow. I've been told they are running new lines for a fiber optic upgrade but no one knows when it will be available or who will be able to get access to it. We need another Internet service provider (other than Netease - can't get wireless without line of sight of their tower).
Why don't you folks petition to get charter communications in your county.
Wert

Linden, TN

#22 Nov 7, 2015
Spying on you slows everything down.
DOC

United States

#23 Nov 9, 2015
Visitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you folks petition to get charter communications in your county.
Or At&T...anything is better than TDS. RIPOFF !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cca cover up (Oct '15) 5 hr a real cop 12
Devie Olive?? 6 hr justsayin 4
New to the area.. ISO hunting stuff 14 hr bike mechanic 2
land for sale (Sep '15) 19 hr masterlakepi 9
play with coal, pay the toll Thu Samantha 3
snitches Aug 24 Fairy girl 3
looking for a bbw to have some fun with in the ... Aug 24 Local Boyz 18

Waynesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance