Jury hears alleged fatal gunshot in Blue Ridge Summit shooting trial

There are 18 comments on the Public Opinion story from Feb 8, 2011, titled Jury hears alleged fatal gunshot in Blue Ridge Summit shooting trial. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A Franklin County jury listening to evidence Tuesday heard the gunshot that allegedly killed Steven Wetzel on May 27.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
iat

Swanton, MD

#24 Feb 9, 2011
cletus slack jawed yocal wrote:
<quoted text>
now it was a sick baby, embellish much? if he wanted quiet he should have stayed in his home and not involved himself in a family squabble.
Not at all. His infant baby was sick, nothing serious thank God but babies do get sick, and they just got it down to sleep and wanted it to stay that way. With all the noise being made by Wetzel and his family outside yelling, he asked if they could keep it down.

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#25 Feb 9, 2011
That whole road is generally rowdy. The wetzel clan is no exception. Mr. Wetzel had been warned before. Golden Rule people.

As far as lying in wait, I saw nothing to think that was the case.
Semper Fi

Gardners, PA

#26 Feb 9, 2011
Harrington you're a good man and hell of a soldier. I've always got your back.
Concerned in PA

Chambersburg, PA

#28 Feb 9, 2011
Cannotbelievethelies wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do all you people get your lies??? Talk to someone who knows the truth.
And who would that be?
One is dead and one is in prison
Lynch

United States

#30 Feb 9, 2011
Thats why i keep my shotgun loaded with bean bag shells. One of them to the face and you're done.
Abe

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Feb 9, 2011
Would this shooting be legal under the new Castle Doctrine Legislation?
Revenuer

Chambersburg, PA

#32 Feb 9, 2011
Is there another relative in the family that could drive the boy to the bar after D & A class is over? After loosing such a role model,its gonna be difficult to replace a man of that caliber.Obviously,a family oriented/people person type guy that only had the best in mind for his family and neighbors.I'll crack a PBR in your memory.
blah

United States

#33 Feb 9, 2011
if the united states can **** up and take over countries and kill people because we feel threatened by them: then i as a citizen can kill a person if i feel my life or someone i care about life is in danger. the guy threaten him, his family and the cops and was heading back to carry out his threats. if i threaten a state cop and started approaching him my *** would be dead too. a private citizen should not be less privy to rights of human nature "surviving and protecting his family(that's what life is about)" yet a member of law enforcement and our federal government can. NOT GUILTY
blah

United States

#34 Feb 9, 2011
and from the research i have done harringtons lawyer will be in this for the long haul all the way to the supreme court if he is found guilty. he has a pretty good record with winning cases. then maybe finally bring some political justice and correctness to franklin county.
informed reader

Frederick, MD

#35 Feb 9, 2011
blah wrote:
and from the research i have done harringtons lawyer will be in this for the long haul all the way to the supreme court if he is found guilty. he has a pretty good record with winning cases. then maybe finally bring some political justice and correctness to franklin county.
It's HarriGAN.
iat

Knoxville, MD

#36 Feb 9, 2011
The defense and prosecution rested their case today

http://www.herald-mail.com/news/hm-harrigan-t...
who u wif

Chambersburg, PA

#37 Feb 9, 2011
Man here we go again. Yes you have the RIGHT TO OWN GUN'S But to use them with deadly force well that is where it can to the common folk can be fuzzie. You have to prove that you have no escape and your life and or other's in your home are in danger.If I am wrong here then someone who know's please tell me but your home can be let's say a fort. If your home has been invaded and you can not run then well by all means protect. Why when a youth want's to hunt in this Commwealth they Must take a hunter's safety class and when they want to drive a vehicle they must take the proper step's but yet if you have the money to buy a firearm and you pass the background check why then the Commweath of Pa not provide a course to let the gun owner know when and how to use this deadly force. By the way yes I am a gun owner and support the right to bear arm's. This is sad no matter how it turn's out.Who u wif? We can do better in Pa.
iat

Knoxville, MD

#38 Feb 10, 2011
Prayers going out to the jury, judge, lawyers and families of both parties involved in this tragedy. It really is a no win situation.
Really

Loysville, PA

#39 Feb 10, 2011
who u wif wrote:
Man here we go again. Yes you have the RIGHT TO OWN GUN'S But to use them with deadly force well that is where it can to the common folk can be fuzzie. You have to prove that you have no escape and your life and or other's in your home are in danger.If I am wrong here then someone who know's please tell me but your home can be let's say a fort. If your home has been invaded and you can not run then well by all means protect. Why when a youth want's to hunt in this Commwealth they Must take a hunter's safety class and when they want to drive a vehicle they must take the proper step's but yet if you have the money to buy a firearm and you pass the background check why then the Commweath of Pa not provide a course to let the gun owner know when and how to use this deadly force. By the way yes I am a gun owner and support the right to bear arm's. This is sad no matter how it turn's out.Who u wif? We can do better in Pa.
the problem here is the defendant didn't shoot an intruder, he sat in his front yard with two guns, waited for a confrontation, and shot a man standing in the street.

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#40 Feb 10, 2011
It sounds as though, he was protecting his CASTLE. Mr. Wetzel was observed earlier in the day threatening the CASTLE. The billy-bob-bubba's from Washington Township heard him, and told him to go away. The man defied the billy-bob-bubbas and returned, to confront Mr. Harrigan. Mr. Harrigan, felt threatended and protected his CASTLE.
A neighbor

Chambersburg, PA

#41 Jan 28, 2013
TJ Hooker wrote:
Sounds like he was just protecting his family from a drunk that has continued to cause problems!
kid was crackhead,sister,is a C.I.
Tammy

Chambersburg, PA

#42 Jan 28, 2013
I Feel double x- crossed
Tammie

Chambersburg, PA

#43 Jan 28, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
That whole road is generally rowdy. The wetzel clan is no exception. Mr. Wetzel had been warned before. Golden Rule people.
As far as lying in wait, I saw nothing to think that was the case.
NOT whole road,only few crack houses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vincent e martz Feb '15 bear 1
vince martz (Jul '14) Nov '14 comments 6
News Five people arrested in heroin bust (Feb '10) Oct '14 Whoyaknow 92
News Dummies are stolen in Waynesboro (Mar '11) Oct '14 Paindailey 165
News Mont Alto constable named (Aug '08) Oct '14 ConstableBill 26
News OSHA fines Baer Buses for 'health' violation (Aug '14) Aug '14 Erie_Tate 2
The 'boro is getting lame (Aug '14) Aug '14 GenPatton 2
More from around the web

Waynesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE