Pennsylvania farmers to get new equip...

Pennsylvania farmers to get new equipment rules soon

There are 96 comments on the Public Opinion story from Feb 23, 2010, titled Pennsylvania farmers to get new equipment rules soon. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Soon after Monday, Pennsylvania farmers will be subject to some of the federal rules that regulate commercial trucking -- jeopardizing the age-old practices of having neighbors help during harvest or younger family members drive on the farm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jake

Carlisle, PA

#1 Feb 24, 2010
deal with it you get tax money, you want the free money from the government so deal with their non sense, the trucking industry deals with it, with no handouts
Joy

Jersey Shore, PA

#2 Feb 24, 2010
Yet another attempt to destroy the "family farms" and raise the cost of food production. No one has any idea of what this will do to the small farmers unless you were raised on a "family farm"
Fulton Co Redneck

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2010
Jake wrote:
deal with it you get tax money, you want the free money from the government so deal with their non sense, the trucking industry deals with it, with no handouts
You must be an import from the city. Do you have any idea what this will do down the line?
Do you know that everything that you eat comes from these farmers?
Once these family farms are gone the problems start,( goverment housing,drugs,and morans like yourself.
Burl

Greencastle, PA

#4 Feb 24, 2010
More government regulation. Government interference and involvement in food production. The Soviet Union controlled the collective farms and set production quotas.
In The Real World

Elizabethtown, PA

#5 Feb 24, 2010
Jake wrote:
deal with it you get tax money, you want the free money from the government so deal with their non sense, the trucking industry deals with it, with no handouts
Not all farmers are recipients of 'farm welfare'. There are those of us who make it on our own...so far. I guess you will have to 'deal with it' when the cost of your food goes up and up and up.
Jake

Carlisle, PA

#6 Feb 24, 2010
In The Real World wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all farmers are recipients of 'farm welfare'. There are those of us who make it on our own...so far. I guess you will have to 'deal with it' when the cost of your food goes up and up and up.
you can't raise the price of food except at a road side stand, the government tells you what milk is worth, so deal with that
Jake

Carlisle, PA

#7 Feb 24, 2010
Fulton Co Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be an import from the city. Do you have any idea what this will do down the line?
Do you know that everything that you eat comes from these farmers?
Once these family farms are gone the problems start,( goverment housing,drugs,and morans like yourself.
It will do nothing, except maybe get a farmwelfare taker out of bed, to go down town to ask the government for more tax money, because he can't make it on his own
Fulton Co Redneck

United States

#8 Feb 24, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>It will do nothing, except maybe get a farmwelfare taker out of bed, to go down town to ask the government for more tax money, because he can't make it on his own
You need to wake up to the real world.
cletus slack jawed yocal

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#9 Feb 24, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>It will do nothing, except maybe get a farmwelfare taker out of bed, to go down town to ask the government for more tax money, because he can't make it on his own
your are clueless !
Jake

Carlisle, PA

#10 Feb 24, 2010
Fulton Co Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to wake up to the real world.
I am awake i raise 130 head of beef cows, with no govenment help, my equipment is inspected twice a year, don't use child labor
George

Sterling, VA

#11 Feb 24, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>you can't raise the price of food except at a road side stand, the government tells you what milk is worth, so deal with that
You speak as if you think that a farmer is required to produce milk, no matter whether he loses money or not. In Europe last summer, the farmers began dumping their milk to protest exactly what you are describing. NOBODY got milk or any milk products as a result. When American family farmers do something similar, how well will YOU deal with it when you can't get milk or cheese to feed yourself and your family?
George

Sterling, VA

#12 Feb 24, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>It will do nothing, except maybe get a farmwelfare taker out of bed, to go down town to ask the government for more tax money, because he can't make it on his own
Where were you at 5:30 this morning? At 5:30 this morning, my neighbor and his wife were already out in the barn milking. They were out there milking when I passed by on the way home at 6:00 last night. He didn't take any time out during the day for naps, and she has 11 different cleaning jobs during the week (in addition to keeping her own home) in order to help pay the bills. Until you work as hard as those people, you have no room to call any farmer a "farmwelfare taker".
George

Sterling, VA

#13 Feb 24, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>I am awake i raise 130 head of beef cows, with no govenment help, my equipment is inspected twice a year, don't use child labor
Right. Beef cows. Absolutely no comparison with dairy farmers, and you should be ashamed of yourself for criticizing dairy farmers. All you do is let those steer graze in the fields, then bring them in in November to fatten them up on corn for butchering. During the winter, you give them some round bales. Your "equipment" consists of a trailer to take them to market and a tractor (with a mower and a baler) to cut hay and move the round bales around. That's not very hard farming; another neighbor has beef steer - he's 76 and she's 73, and they can manage the beef steer by themselves, too.
Jake

Carlisle, PA

#14 Feb 24, 2010
George wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak as if you think that a farmer is required to produce milk, no matter whether he loses money or not. In Europe last summer, the farmers began dumping their milk to protest exactly what you are describing. NOBODY got milk or any milk products as a result. When American family farmers do something similar, how well will YOU deal with it when you can't get milk or cheese to feed yourself and your family?
there will always be someone willing to do it at a lower wage, that has been going on since the start of mankind
Jack

Bethesda, MD

#15 Feb 24, 2010
Well well well . How do you like your Hope And Change.
Vote these idiotasses out.
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

#17 Feb 24, 2010
Burl wrote:
More government regulation. Government interference and involvement in food production. The Soviet Union controlled the collective farms and set production quotas.
And people starved to death.
Jake

Carlisle, PA

#18 Feb 24, 2010
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you at 5:30 this morning? At 5:30 this morning, my neighbor and his wife were already out in the barn milking. They were out there milking when I passed by on the way home at 6:00 last night. He didn't take any time out during the day for naps, and she has 11 different cleaning jobs during the week (in addition to keeping her own home) in order to help pay the bills. Until you work as hard as those people, you have no room to call any farmer a "farmwelfare taker".
sleeping!! got done with my job at 3:30am started yesterday at 7am worked till 3:30am got call to go back at 6:15 so i better get back to work, nice to see i got everyone stirred up already, have a good day
George

Sterling, VA

#19 Feb 24, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text> there will always be someone willing to do it at a lower wage, that has been going on since the start of mankind
And what shortcuts and health risks will they take to "do it at a lower wage"? Now you're proposing that it's OK to produce an inferior (and possibly unhealthy) product just to make it cheaper. Thanx but no thanx.
Just sayin

Saint Thomas, PA

#20 Feb 24, 2010
If you're going to complain about farmers, don't do it with your mouth full.
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

#21 Feb 24, 2010
George wrote:
<quoted text>
And what shortcuts and health risks will they take to "do it at a lower wage"? Now you're proposing that it's OK to produce an inferior (and possibly unhealthy) product just to make it cheaper. Thanx but no thanx.
Did someone force you to buy their product?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trick-or-treat nights scheduled this year (Oct '09) Oct 14 Ginger 51
416 Cleveland Ave. Waynesboro, PA 17268 Sep 22 scrilla 22
News Mont Alto constable named (Aug '08) Sep '17 Fife 33
Very soon (Apr '17) Apr '17 Jim mosed 1
egor sighting (Mar '17) Apr '17 Martz friend 2
who is vincent e martz {egor} (Mar '16) Mar '17 martz friends 3
vince martz (Jul '14) Mar '17 martz families fr... 13

Waynesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waynesboro Mortgages