Tobacco tax causes slow burn

Full story: Public Opinion

Tax hike: Eric Christie, owner of Christies House of Pipes and Cigars, uses a cigarette machine to roll cigarettes.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 169 of169
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169
Jul 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Sheri wrote:
<quoted text>
There are actually three wars, Dorothy: the one in Iraq, the one in Afghanistan, and the one we are fighting here, the one against health Nazis. The health Nazis are jockeying for control of what you eat, what you drink, what you smoke, and how long you exercise. I can't think of a more worthy cause to fight against than this one: terrorists in our back yard. Have a nice day.
I can't think of a more just fight either. The health Nazi's make the Taliban look like Boy Scouts!
question

Bowling Green, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170
Jul 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Sheri wrote:
<quoted text>
There are actually three wars, Dorothy: the one in Iraq, the one in Afghanistan, and the one we are fighting here, the one against health Nazis. The health Nazis are jockeying for control of what you eat, what you drink, what you smoke, and how long you exercise. I can't think of a more worthy cause to fight against than this one: terrorists in our back yard. Have a nice day.
Hello Sheri. I have a question for you: what are you talking about? I woke up today, felt like excercising, but didn't. Nobody (no Nazi) told me I HAD to excercise. Took a lunch break at McDonalds and ordered a #1. No Nazi told me I couldn't order anything on the menu. I got a drink with it, thought about getting a diet coke but then changed my mind and went with a Cherry Coke (No Nazi told me what to drink) and then after eating, I smoked in my car for 20 minutes before returning to work happy and ready to finish my day. What Country are you living in? It sure doesn't sound like the great United States of America!

“Just Say No to Smoking Bans”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#171
Jul 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

question wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Sheri. I have a question for you: what are you talking about? I woke up today, felt like excercising, but didn't. Nobody (no Nazi) told me I HAD to excercise. Took a lunch break at McDonalds and ordered a #1. No Nazi told me I couldn't order anything on the menu. I got a drink with it, thought about getting a diet coke but then changed my mind and went with a Cherry Coke (No Nazi told me what to drink) and then after eating, I smoked in my car for 20 minutes before returning to work happy and ready to finish my day. What Country are you living in? It sure doesn't sound like the great United States of America!
Keep your eyes closed, Dorothy, and when you finally open them, you will e astounded at what you see.

“Just Say No to Smoking Bans”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173
Jul 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
So ya smoke, don't exercise, and don't eat healthy?! What a catch!
I smoke. I eat healthy and I exercise. I'm not looking to be caught.
highcotton

Omaha, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#174
Jul 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sheri wrote:
<quoted text>
I smoke. I eat healthy and I exercise. I'm not looking to be caught.
And I'm sure no one's looking to catch you.
highcotton

Omaha, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#175
Jul 9, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Outraged wrote:
I'm poor, unemployed, and increasingly unemployable do to the hysteria about smoking. The new 2200% increase in my roll your own loose tobacco is an extortionary assault. Be ashamed amerika, be very ashamed, and repeal this travisty in a matter of weeks to prevent widespread lawlessnes.
Then quitting smoking would enhance your job prospects. Doesn't sound like you're too poor if you 'roll your own'. POOR is if you don't HAVE any money to roll your own.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176
Jul 29, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Don't let the nanny-state busy-bodies upset you. Join a Tea Party in your area and throw out all the socialist Progressives in *both* parties this November and in 2012 that would rather spend their time and OUR money on smoking bans and other government-expanding and individual-rights-destroying legislation instead of solving the real problems we sent them there to solve.
Galveston Buccaneer

Friendswood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177
Jul 4, 2011
 
The Son of the Galveston Buccaneer would like W5NMT to contact him if this is the same, the one and only Paul Moratto I am thinking of... write me at goodvittlesbbq at aol dot com. Maybe you can fix my Tram Titan II.
Paco Morratto wrote:
Paul W. Moratto
Order Smokes Direct
July 5 2010
Dear folks,
Thank you for your recent letter explaining business changes forced by new and novel draconion tax-grabbing measures
of the agents of government.
I have a big problem, or perhaps YOU do, with item (C)
which tells me that you are going to voluntarilly act as unpaid lap dog taX collection agent for the state of texas.
Full on with the brakes, right now. Hello. Sales taxes are applicable at point of sale, only.
Why do you imagine that I buy my cigarets out of state in the first Place? Hello. I happily pay shipping and handling charges that may equal taxes only so that I can screw the state. Hello. Clean out your ears and get a load of this: I do NOT submit or surrender to expansion of taxation authorities' reach into other jurisdictions, period. You tell me right now, in wirting (e-amil is okay) if you are going to correct this or not. Othersie, the honeymoon is over, and we are through. No negociating. Let me hear from you immediately.
P.S. If you like, you can tell the state of texas to send ME the bill for their tax. I welcome it.
Signed
Paul W. Moratto

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#178
Jul 6, 2011
 
This is Topix world forum. But i would like to get some clarification from USA's citizen on line here.
I am a chain DUNHILL SMOKER for pretty long .
I will smoke till my death irrespective of the price.
US citizens are not chain smokers but drivers of their cars.
Are there any single american who can pay say 5 bugs for petrol?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 169 of169
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Franklin County was issued at July 14 at 3:42AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Waynesboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Waynesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Waynesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waynesboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••