Chambersburg Public Opinion

Full story: Public Opinion

SIMPLE ASSAULT: Waynesboro Police charged Robert T. Clements, 23, 23 Tritle Ave., Waynesboro, with simple assault and criminal mischief after an incident Friday.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Judged:

Effington wrote:
I believe "po-po" as a slang term for police is Canadian in origin because law enforcement north of the border is formally "Provincial Police." Basically the Canadian version of state trooper.
The term is used in hip-hop culture, but the general, non-offensive use of slang certainly shouldn't be construed as racist.
I can see the point Jamal Wimpy is trying to make here - parody or not.
As for Krista, justice is being served and she will pay her debt to society. There's no reason for all of you to single her out among many local multiple DUI offenders.
I disagree. Po po is racist!!!
cletus slack jawed yocal

New Oxford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

well well dan the man lol
Krista bird

New Providence, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Effington wrote:
I believe "po-po" as a slang term for police is Canadian in origin because law enforcement north of the border is formally "Provincial Police." Basically the Canadian version of state trooper.
The term is used in hip-hop culture, but the general, non-offensive use of slang certainly shouldn't be construed as racist.
I can see the point Jamal Wimpy is trying to make here - parody or not.
As for Krista, justice is being served and she will pay her debt to society. There's no reason for all of you to single her out among many local multiple DUI offenders.
After reading this I was a little humiliated to say the least. I'm certainly not a harm to society and I have learned from all my mistakes. I am not proud of some of my past. I've lived and learned and I'm sorry that I got my duis but I can only continue to grow from it. There was a time period in my life I was out of control and I totally admit that. Again I am not proud and my intention in life is to never hurt anyone so for those of you to pass judgements on me when you don't know me is wrong. My life has changed drastically for the better and I'm very content with life not to mention sober. I will continue to be the best I can be and never live my life in regrets again.... good night...
care to quibble

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Po po is racist!!!

I disagree. Po po is racist!!!

The Meaning of POPO

POPO means "Police Officer(s)"

List of police-related slang terms

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Po-po or Po

A term used commonly in North America as seen in the TV show The Wire.

dannyBOY you lied, you told an untruth

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Waynesboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waynesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance