Skeletal remains found in Wayne Co. i...

Skeletal remains found in Wayne Co. identified as missing person

There are 8 comments on the Laurel Leader-Call story from Jan 2, 2010, titled Skeletal remains found in Wayne Co. identified as missing person. In it, Laurel Leader-Call reports that:

State and local officials have now released additional information concerning the investigation into a discovery of skeletal remains found in Wayne County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Laurel Leader-Call.

Concerned Citizen

United States

#1 Jan 5, 2010
My heart goes out to Mr. Gandy's family, although this is an ongoing investigation, I'm hoping that his mom has some kind of closure. I couldn't imagine what his poor mother has been through, wondering if her son was ever coming back, not knowing where he could possibly be. I'm sorry that this missing person's case turned out so tragically and I pray for Mr. Gandy's family that they find the person or persons who committed this heinous crime. If anybody with a conscience knows what happened to this man, please come forward. Imagine if this was your brother or son, I'm not a family member just a concerned citizen who's dealing with what is now a cold case on the murder of one of my family members here in Waynesboro. I will pray for the Gandy family.
madman

Eldridge, MO

#2 Jan 6, 2010
may the gandy family finally have some closure an may there son rest in peace,god bless
avril72

United States

#3 Jan 6, 2010
Are police officers positive to what may have happened to that poor boy? Waynesboro policemen aren`t worth it.They are lazy and pathetic.All of them should be fired.A new squad should be hired.Because of all the things they do.
.Using city vwhicles for personal use.
.Drugs.
All the other things they probally did.They need to find who did that and catch them.It is not right to a criminal loose.Waynesboro has lost to many good people.And to less to lose.I think Joe Taylor should rely on better people to protect his city.Because I have lived in Waynesboro for 21 years.I moved here from Chigaco.It was great since I moved. But then all this drama happened.Then I REALIZED what Waynesboro truly is.
Concerned Citizen

United States

#4 Jan 7, 2010
avril72, honey I know you are upset and hope that the police will find out who and what happened to this young man. I understand your frustration but it will take some time, I've lost a family member to violence and have become a little frustrated myself but keep your head up and pray that justice will prevail. This is a small town and you would think that things could move along swifter, considering that the murder rate has been unusually high for a small town. We just got a new police chief and it's probably going to take him some adjusting, that still doesn't mean that he won't forget about these higher priority cases. Let's just pray that all of these families, including Mr. Gandy's and my own, will finally get some justice for their loved ones. God Bless.
dazzed and confused

Calhoun City, MS

#5 Jan 12, 2010
omg. thats soooo scary!
I Spy

Carson, MS

#6 Jan 21, 2010
Concerned Citizen, You have made some wonderful and truthful points. But lets get honest, the murder took place in Wayne County and some of the witnesses need to come forth and help the police. Avril 72, Joe Taylor is a polictian and he is voted in and he can be voted out. Mr. Taylor does a wonderful job and he has to stay within the guidelines or he will on the unemployment line. Wayne County has some good police officers and the bad apples will weed their ownselves out. Be patient.
I still think that he murder took place in the middle of Waynesboro and there are some scare witnesses.
I Spy

Carson, MS

#7 Jan 23, 2010
Madman, No one was slurring Mr. Taylor. I was only making a point. I was referring to the Avril 72 blog comment about Mr. Taylor hiring or firing within the police department.
Agent

Meridian, MS

#8 Jan 23, 2010
Apparently the person that committed the crime left clues and maybe justice will be serve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waynesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Holmes Motors (Jul '08) 19 hr Slenderlady89 142
News Perry Taylor Source: Jones County Sheriff's Office Aug 15 ksmith2184 1
Stops Sogns Jul 21 AlvinWells 1
News Hood Industries acquires two sawmills with the ... (Apr '16) Jul '17 PISSPOORPAYSCALE 3
News D'Iberville Police: Man dies driving to hospita... (Dec '09) Jun '17 Nike at night 2
News Pascagoula city attorney who raised ethics conc... Jun '17 not much shrimp 1
James Jordan May '17 Chris 3

Waynesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waynesboro Mortgages