Wreck with the train
praying

Rupert, WV

#21 Dec 2, 2008
Out Wayne wrote:
I also heard it was Alberta Stiltner, Samantha Fields, Kayla Frye and Abbie Fields. I think Samantha is Abbie's mother and Alberta's sister.
u r correct =-( it was those 4 in the vehicle.
Sam and Alberta r sisters, and Abbie is Sam's daughter.
Alberta was driving =-(
so, now that every1 knows who it was PRAY for that family especially their mother and other sister.
so sorry

Pikeville, KY

#22 Dec 2, 2008
I am so sorry to hear that!
4 wheeler

Conneaut Lake, PA

#23 Dec 2, 2008
that is so sad prayers r with them
JustMe

Auburn, CA

#24 Dec 2, 2008
Just letting everyone know,they have now released the names of the accident on WSAZ.COM ....Lets all pray for the families!
very sad

AOL

#25 Dec 2, 2008
WAYNE COUNTY, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- Two women are dead, two other hurt after the van they were in struck a moving coal train.

It happened just after 5:00 a.m. at a railroad crossing about four miles north of the town of Wayne on Route 152.

The Wayne County Sheriff says the driver of the van, 38-year old Samantha Fields of East Lynn; along with 41-year old Alberta Lewis of East Lynn were killed.

2 other passengers, 16-year old Abbie Fields of East Lynn, and 17-year old Cayla Ann Frye of East Lynn were critically injured.

We're told the van was heading south on Route 152 at the time of the crash.

Investigators say there are skids marks near the crossing

We're told the van slammed into one of the coal cars as it went through the crossing.

The sheriff says the engineer didn't know the train had been hit until contacted by railroad dispatchers.

A witness told investigators that the crossing lights were on when the crash happened.

Several hours after the crash a Norfolk & Southern crew inspecting the crossing lights, said they were working.
my prayers are with you
my prayer is with u

AOL

#26 Dec 2, 2008
WAYNE COUNTY, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- Two women are dead, two other hurt after the van they were in struck a moving coal train.

It happened just after 5:00 a.m. at a railroad crossing about four miles north of the town of Wayne on Route 152.

The Wayne County Sheriff says the driver of the van, 38-year old Samantha Fields of East Lynn; along with 41-year old Alberta Lewis of East Lynn were killed.

2 other passengers, 16-year old Abbie Fields of East Lynn, and 17-year old Cayla Ann Frye of East Lynn were critically injured.

We're told the van was heading south on Route 152 at the time of the crash.

Investigators say there are skids marks near the crossing

We're told the van slammed into one of the coal cars as it went through the crossing.

The sheriff says the engineer didn't know the train had been hit until contacted by railroad dispatchers.

A witness told investigators that the crossing lights were on when the crash happened.

Several hours after the crash a Norfolk & Southern crew inspecting the crossing lights, said they were working.
Kayla Ferguson

Athens, WV

#27 Dec 2, 2008
OMG. I am friends with Abby. I didnt even know that it was them. I also know Kayla Frye. My prayers are with them
waynecohunny

Charleston, WV

#28 Dec 2, 2008
My htoughts and prayers go out to the family of everyone involved. I hope Abby is ok.
praying

Rupert, WV

#29 Dec 2, 2008
quoting text "The Wayne County Sheriff says the driver of the van, 38-year old Samantha Fields of East Lynn; along with 41-year old Alberta Lewis of East Lynn were killed."
they were sisters
aka Sam Stiltner and Alberta Stiltner
Alberta was the WHS maskot in her days (80's)there as Pioneer Jill and she was soooo good @ it too!
=-(
God Bless their mother and 2 sisters left and the rest of the familie's who is involved in this tragedy.
prayerswiththem

Princeton, WV

#30 Dec 2, 2008
does cayla ann frye have a sister?
Kayla Ferguson

Athens, WV

#31 Dec 2, 2008
prayerswiththem wrote:
does cayla ann frye have a sister?
Yes her sister id Jessica Frye. Her name is spelled with a "K" though.
Teresa

AOL

#32 Dec 2, 2008
praying wrote:
quoting text "The Wayne County Sheriff says the driver of the van, 38-year old Samantha Fields of East Lynn; along with 41-year old Alberta Lewis of East Lynn were killed."
they were sisters
aka Sam Stiltner and Alberta Stiltner
Alberta was the WHS maskot in her days (80's)there as Pioneer Jill and she was soooo good @ it too!
=-(
God Bless their mother and 2 sisters left and the rest of the familie's who is involved in this tragedy.
You are right, Alberta or Bird as we called her, was Pioneer Jill and she was fantastic, always making others laugh! She kept me rolling in the floor any time we were together.
My thoughts and prayers are with Alberta's daughters and the rest of her family. We will miss you Bird!
prayerswiththem

Princeton, WV

#33 Dec 2, 2008
I was thinking the sisters name was chasiti or something similar to that. thank you so much. prayers with them, such a tragedy
lets allpray

United States

#34 Dec 2, 2008
who is Kayla frye? my prays are with the families of all involved.
Kayla Ferguson

Athens, WV

#35 Dec 2, 2008
prayerswiththem wrote:
I was thinking the sisters name was chasiti or something similar to that. thank you so much. prayers with them, such a tragedy
You are welcome. I have heard so many different things. I have heard that Kayla died and Abby died. But my cousin called the hospital and talked to a family member and said that they were still in intensive care but they are gonna pull through and be alright. Me and my cousin are gonna try to go to the hospital tomorrow and see them. My prayers are with them and there family
Kayla Ferguson

Athens, WV

#36 Dec 2, 2008
lets allpray wrote:
who is Kayla frye? my prays are with the families of all involved.
Me and her used to be good friends. She is 17. Her sisters name is Jessica
praying

Rupert, WV

#37 Dec 2, 2008
Teresa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, Alberta or Bird as we called her, was Pioneer Jill and she was fantastic, always making others laugh! She kept me rolling in the floor any time we were together.
My thoughts and prayers are with Alberta's daughters and the rest of her family. We will miss you Bird!
yes she was a riot or "big ham" always kept you in stitches, 41 is sooo young =-(
we have her in our memories and she'll Always be close to our hearts and "funny bones"
lets allpray

United States

#38 Dec 2, 2008
Does anyone know who Kayla parents are?
Kayla Ferguson

Athens, WV

#39 Dec 2, 2008
lets allpray wrote:
Does anyone know who Kayla parents are?
I dont know her moms name but her dad's name is Ernie.
to the family

Rupert, WV

#40 Dec 2, 2008
sister Laura (aka Turtle)
and sister Melissa (aka Charlie)
and mother Bonnie
may God wrap you in His loving arms and carry you through this heart wrenching time
the community, friends and even strangers are here if there's ANYthing you need.
whether it be coffee or a tissue or just a simple hug

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Harmon a real piece of crap 1 hr Idk 2
Thomas & Kayla Adkins 4 hr Gary 5
How many out there know bertha cricks (Jan '10) 18 hr youshouldbeashamed 23
ChinaKing Fri opie 1
Sandra Pertee Fri Haha 40
Autumn Osborne Thu Curious 5
Mike Thu Katie 1

Wayne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance