Suddenlink's new digital box system

Posted in the Wayne Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dead serious

Athens, WV

#1 Feb 2, 2011
What does everyone think about the new addition to our cable? As for me, I think it sucks! You need two remotes to even watch TV. It blinks, pops, cracks and not worth the effort. Is it me or the cable co.?????
Yep

Hurricane, WV

#2 Feb 2, 2011
Do it right and it still takes two remotes, waste of time picture isn't any better either.
Interesting

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Feb 2, 2011
dead serious wrote:
What does everyone think about the new addition to our cable? As for me, I think it sucks! You need two remotes to even watch TV. It blinks, pops, cracks and not worth the effort. Is it me or the cable co.?????
I only have to use one remote. I used the program codes on the insert with the remote and the new remote works great. My picture is clearer as well. Love it.
out wayne woman

Cambridge, NE

#4 Feb 3, 2011
I think they are watering down the whiskey and charging twice as much. Damn them all I say, damn them all!!!
little bill

Ogden, AR

#5 Feb 3, 2011
one remote for me u need to call them u r doing someting wrong

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6 Feb 3, 2011
dead serious wrote:
Hi - Tina from Suddenlink here -- You should only have to use one remote. Please check our help site here for more info on how to program your SL DigitaLink remote http://help.suddenlink.com/Television/Pages/S... . If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]
cablebox

Columbus, OH

#7 Feb 4, 2011
works fine to me
wondering

Charleston, WV

#8 Feb 4, 2011
hey tina, if you come back here, could you answer a question? How do you connect a DVD recording player to the cable? Can I do it without messing up the cable?
little bill

Ogden, AR

#9 Feb 4, 2011
call suddenlink thay will walk u through it
Easy to do

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Feb 4, 2011
wondering wrote:
hey tina, if you come back here, could you answer a question? How do you connect a DVD recording player to the cable? Can I do it without messing up the cable?
It is in the instructions how to connect other devices. That is why it came with a splitter (I think that's what its called).
xxx

Huntington, WV

#11 Feb 4, 2011
wondering wrote:
ONE WAY TO HOOK IT UP IS WItH rca CABLES,one is yellow (video), red (right audio), white (left audio). one end hooks into te output on your dvd player, the other end of the rca cables hook into any input on the back of your tv labeled as video 2. to watch dvd take tv remote pull up either source or input button and change tv to the input named video 2 or which ever one you connected it to

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#12 Feb 7, 2011
Hi - Please check our help site for instructions regarding the installation of your SL DigitaLink box. There is even a video to walk you through the process!

http://help.suddenlink.com/Pages/Category.asp...
not a fan

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Feb 8, 2011
I had mine installed by suddenlink and I still have to use 2 remotes. He told me that for some reason, if your tv had a vcr or dvd player, it would not pick up the code. I haven't tried to do it myself, I figured he knew what he was doing. He was probably in a hurry and didn't want to fool with it.
ryan

Lubbock, TX

#14 Jun 28, 2012
do yourselves a favor and just sign up with direct tv night and day differnce in picture free nfl ticket alot more channels and pay a ton less....haaaaaaaaapppppyyyyyyy yyy!!!!
SATELITE PROFESSIONAL

Rupert, WV

#15 Jun 28, 2012
In all reality sudenlink can try to tell you how great there service is but it is not as good as directv or dish. It is a bad picture and the lower channels are blurry so does that sound really good. Of course not so for a true digital picture and true H-D picture then go with dish or direct. I mean the truth is the truth and ther is no way to sugarcoat it when satelite blows cable out of the water.
Dish

Lewisburg, WV

#16 Jun 29, 2012
Forget Dish, most people around here live around mountains and/or large trees. We get lots of storms too. Can't watch tv when it rains,the wind blows and the trees sway. Why bother? I install them and customers are always calling in complaining. Dish wont refund your money if you aren't happy. They will hijack you, harass you tell you to take the Dish off your house yourself. They wont pay me to come back and take it off for you. Plus you need a phone line to each receiver if you want ppv. That really sucks if you have multiple receivers.
professional installer

Bluefield, WV

#17 Jun 29, 2012
The new dish 1000.4 works great as you can put it in the side of a mountain almost and cable goes out alot too and you cant even bare to watch channell 3 and cable is down right pitifull just like the last post so when you want to get a professional setup then give me a cal as it sounds like you dont know how to tune a dish and that you are pretending to be a dish guy as why would you badmouth them if you work for them. yea wright.And you dont have to have a phone line for pay pe view so go back to school and take another class as i can install circles around you and half ass cable
cablesux

Bluefield, WV

#18 Jun 29, 2012
if your suddenlink is so great then just go to cablesux.com
hunter

Conneaut Lake, PA

#19 Jul 2, 2012
Suddenlink is awesome, All the dish companys have contracts and they lie to you. Suddenkink does not have contracts. If the dish companys are so great why do they need a contract to keep you locked in? Both companys use boxes..
cablesux

Rupert, WV

#20 Jul 2, 2012
suddenlink has contracts with the so called "bundle" packs which means you are getting ready to get reamed on your prices. And what about the quote on quote sur charges. Ill stick to the best , directv. The contract is so people will pay there bills and at least with the dish companies the price is the same for the first year. Ill take 40 to 50 dollars a month with directv versus the suddenlink "bundle" that costs over 150 dollars or more with the bundle packs. No thanks ill stick to the best DIRECTV OR DISH NETWORK. I just have one question and now be honest now. If you set your suddenlink up to a tv then ill set my dirctv or dish up beside it to another tv then who has the best picture. That is what i thought case closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Restaurant 3 hr me me 6
kids bumming on bridges for school 5 hr jrrr 1
Wyatt Thompson 7 hr Anthony 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 hr RSM 4,194
Your mom just farted 10 hr Mr DeNutter 12
Wayne Football (Sep '16) 16 hr beau 92
Ellen Marie Followay & Michelle Bradshaw 19 hr Spyin Eye 1

Wayne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance