Wayne County Needs to Enforce Domesti...

Wayne County Needs to Enforce Domestic Violence Protection Orders

Posted in the Wayne Forum

Fact

Hurricane, WV

#1 Jan 14, 2013
WEST VIRGINIA CODE
CHAPTER 48. DOMESTIC RELATIONS.ARTICLE 28. UNIFORM INTERSTATE ENFORCEMENT OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROTECTION ORDERS ACT.
48-28-7. Criminal offenses and penalties.
(a) A respondent who abuses, as that term is defined in section two hundred two, article twenty-seven of this chapter, a protected individual or who is physically present at any location in knowing and willful violation of the terms of:(1) A valid foreign protection order; (2) a protection order entered in any pending foreign divorce action which enjoins the offending party from molesting or interfering with another party or interfering with the custodial or visitation rights of another person; or (3) a condition of bail, probation or parole imposed in another state which has the express intent or effect of protecting the personal safety of a particular person or persons is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be confined in the county or regional jail for a period of not less than one day nor more than one year, which jail term shall include actual confinement of not less than twenty-four hours, and shall be fined not less than two hundred fifty dollars nor more than two thousand dollars.
(b) A respondent who is convicted of a second or subsequent offense under subsection (a) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be confined in the county or regional jail for not less than three months nor more than one year, which jail term shall include actual confinement of not less than twenty-four hours, and fined not less than five hundred dollars nor more than three thousand dollars.
Fact

Hurricane, WV

#2 Jan 14, 2013
With all the computers and cell phones used by Law Enforcement officers there is no reason that when a DVP is issued against someone that every Law Enforcement officer in that County Should not know within a few minutes. I stead of it taking days before it is served on the person.
That way when they get a call of person breaking the DVP they could arrest the person and stop any threat someone being hurt.
Talk around Wayne

Hurricane, WV

#3 Jan 14, 2013
I hear that a woman named Rene is still making threats after she has had 2 DVP's Filed against her and says that the Law cannot do anything about it.
Fact

Hurricane, WV

#4 Jan 15, 2013
ORIGINAL STORY 4/13/11 @ 11:50 a.m.
WAYNE, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- A suspect has been named in a shooting that happened Tuesday night in Wayne.

The West Virginia State Police say Walter Adkins was shot Tuesday night on Wolf Creek Road. They say he was hit with a glancing shot to the head and was also shot once in the chest. They tell WSAZ.com he is in critical condition at a local hospital and in surgery.

They say a warrant has been issued for Henry Jackson, of Genoa, W.Va. He will be charged with malicious wounding when he is arrested.

State Police tell WSAZ.com that the shooting happened over a domestic incident with Adkins and suspect's daughter. No other information has been released about the events leading up to the shooting
the truth

Huntington, WV

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Just a little fact, Wayne county was sued for not serving a DVP in a matter of so many days and the girl ended up being killed. Judgment was for a million.
Whomever is related to this situation may want to check their rights with regard to suing for damages
i know

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#6 Jan 17, 2013
the truth wrote:
Just a little fact, Wayne county was sued for not serving a DVP in a matter of so many days and the girl ended up being killed. Judgment was for a million.
Whomever is related to this situation may want to check their rights with regard to suing for damages
I couldn't get them serve one either an when I called so much they finally came an seen him run away an said hey buddy I am not going arrest you o just want give you a dvp. And then he knew to avoid them after that an then took his side an threatened me cause I called for help so much when he come late night scaring me an kids an cops said he can come to home until he is served he can come an go as he pleases cause it was his home to. Fine police we have
Well

Logan, WV

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Most of the time the women end up taking them back anyway.

If you aren't going to follow through with it, no need it starting the process in the first place.
Fred

Alexandria, VA

#8 Jan 17, 2013
OW and the westend are the land of the dvp queens
Ex Calibur

Oakvale, WV

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Fred wrote:
OW and the westend are the land of the dvp queens
haha this is comical. yes the bimbos of wayne and the west end and when they get the crap beat out of them like a black eye and busted mouth and bustd nose then honey do comes back and says he loves them and hes sorry and the bimbos take em back and then weeks later the bimbos end up with the crap beat out of them again and are calling again. It is a viscious cycle and if somebody hit me hen I would be done with the lowlife man that hits on a woman. I amjust stating te truth ad the truth shall set you free. So remember ladies if yur man mistreats you or hits you then leave him for good and then he will see what he had and cant get back. Find a good man as thy are out there and I am one tat would never hit on a woman
wow

Huntington, WV

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Ex Calibur wrote:
<quoted text> haha this is comical. yes the bimbos of wayne and the west end and when they get the crap beat out of them like a black eye and busted mouth and bustd nose then honey do comes back and says he loves them and hes sorry and the bimbos take em back and then weeks later the bimbos end up with the crap beat out of them again and are calling again. It is a viscious cycle and if somebody hit me hen I would be done with the lowlife man that hits on a woman. I amjust stating te truth ad the truth shall set you free. So remember ladies if yur man mistreats you or hits you then leave him for good and then he will see what he had and cant get back. Find a good man as thy are out there and I am one tat would never hit on a woman
Gee, you sound very stupid. If you would have spelled words correctly, or phrased things differently, or maybe, didn't call women who get beat on by loser men BIMBOS.....I don't know.

I can already opine from your post that you are single and I can presume it is your way of wording things that you think are bluntly stated, but are seriously degrading and obnoxious. You might want to work on that.
MFNSOB

Charleston, WV

#11 Jan 27, 2013
first ya gotta find an honest and decent cop to do the job......good luck
Agreed

Hurricane, WV

#12 Feb 2, 2013
Too much domestic violence is going on nowadays. I think the law officials of our county need to buckle down on the losers who take advantage of others in this manner. I'm not saying only men do it, because I've encountered women just as 'bad'(or so they think so anyway). They wanna act like men, treat 'em like me. Throw their asses in jail. Same with the child abusers, drug users and dealers. Also, those lazy idiots that fraud the government (county, state or federal) every day to get checks, food stamps, or whatever it be, taking it away from the families and children that really need it.

If we want stronger DV laws, we must as a community stand up against them, and get the laws changed. Someone smarter than me can write out a petition and submit it to the Governor's office in Charleston. That might get something done.
Todd

Alexandria, VA

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Its always the same women signing dvp's . Its like after you do the first one they give you a stack of blank copies and its very addicting
Domestic Vio Supporter

Morgantown, WV

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Sometimes you just gotta beat a bltch. Show her your pimp hand is strong and that she can't disrespect you as a man. Give her one good back hand across the chops and she'll think before she makes that mistake again.
Charlie Foxtrot

Columbus, OH

#15 Feb 3, 2013
Well folks alot of this crap you can give a pat on the back to your fellow Wayne Countians. If you keep voting in the same people over and over and expect them to do something different from what they always have, Im speaking mainly about Greg Farley just so theres no confusion, you're asking for the same BS to continue. Not to mention so many at the Wayne SP barracks are worthless. There was a time when a State Trooper arrived on scene in a neatly pressed uniform, shined shoes, and the first thing he did was put on his hat. They commanded respect by their apperance alone, not any more. Now they look like they've slept in their uniforms for a month. The SP barracks needs a new commander that can clean that group up. But thats just the tip of the iceberg for Wayne Counties problems. When you can literally ask a magistrate how much its going to cost to get out of drug charges, and then count out the bills and be on your merry way, yeah you got problems.
HEY CHARLIE

Lavalette, WV

#16 Feb 3, 2013
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
Well folks alot of this crap you can give a pat on the back to your fellow Wayne Countians. If you keep voting in the same people over and over and expect them to do something different from what they always have, Im speaking mainly about Greg Farley just so theres no confusion, you're asking for the same BS to continue. Not to mention so many at the Wayne SP barracks are worthless. There was a time when a State Trooper arrived on scene in a neatly pressed uniform, shined shoes, and the first thing he did was put on his hat. They commanded respect by their apperance alone, not any more. Now they look like they've slept in their uniforms for a month. The SP barracks needs a new commander that can clean that group up. But thats just the tip of the iceberg for Wayne Counties problems. When you can literally ask a magistrate how much its going to cost to get out of drug charges, and then count out the bills and be on your merry way, yeah you got problems.
Why don't you spend your time sucking on a fat pecker instead of talking $hit about something you clearly know nothing about? Thanks and GODBLESS.
MFNSOB

Charleston, WV

#17 Feb 3, 2013
lol your religion is showing
Charlie Foxtrot

Columbus, OH

#18 Feb 4, 2013
Something I know nothing about? I've lived in Wayne County all my life. Still do. I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt, but maybe its because what I said struck a nerve with you. The things I said aren't speculation or guesses, they're absolute truth. Telling me to shut up is the same as telling me to hide the truth (which so many in Wayne wish to do) and I won't do it. You want people to stop talking about the stupid crap and crooked crap you do? Stop doing it!
no truth

Lavalette, WV

#19 Feb 4, 2013
Hey Truth, you have your facts wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autumn Osborne at wendys 7 min Nikki 11
Wayne strip club 10 min Verna 4
little league football coaches 6 hr MyNameHere 10
Verna Bowen Vaughn 7 hr Elmo 11
Create your own Forum 9 hr u sure 788
walmart 10 hr Join 316 25
church hiding 10 hr Join 316 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wayne Mortgages