Wayne High School Has Heerpes going a...

Wayne High School Has Heerpes going around

Posted in the Wayne Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
justmeee

Hurricane, WV

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Is it true? Does WHS have Heerpes going around. Half of the students have been told that all day long!
Info

Slippery Rock, PA

#2 Jan 4, 2013
It's not herpes. The only thing they would have to shut down the school and sanitize for is gonnorhea or however you spell it.
Sad

Huntington, WV

#3 Jan 4, 2013
I hate to say it, and by no means am I directing this solely to Wayne High, but I think the drugs, the sex and outbreak of whatever is going on that nurses at other county high schools are discussing it around students (as my daughter was one to overhear the adults talk about it today at her school), is a byproduct of a horrible educational system. You see increased drug use and sexual activity in areas that lack a quality education. I blame the Wayne BOE for the problems our county youths are facing......EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PROBLEM THESE KIDS ARE GOING THROUGH. I could back it up with statistical information, but I am sure I don't need to. Every family is facing basically the same problems, it doesn't matter if their parents do not use drugs, or if these kids were brought up in Christian households. With diverse families sharing the same problems, you have to find the one correlation. Our kids are officially the dumbest dumb people in America and all our Board does to combat it is, resign, get fired, drive county cars on tax payers money, they do everything but their actual job. Their job is to be the leaders of our youth. We can now see how good their leadership was, and currently is. They all need to be fired at the Board.
oh no

Hurricane, WV

#4 Jan 7, 2013
my son just came home today and said there was talk of them shutting the school down to sanitize. does anyone know what it is they may be sanitizing for?
mama

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Jan 7, 2013
oh no wrote:
my son just came home today and said there was talk of them shutting the school down to sanitize. does anyone know what it is they may be sanitizing for?
According to a nurse at the health dept they used some clorox friday evening.She said there was a lot more than they are saying and it should be shut down.
mother

Bluefield, WV

#6 Jan 7, 2013
My daughter told me the other day that herpes is going around at Wayne High School. And that there was talk about shutting the school down. I also heard that they are alot more cases then they are saying. My daughter goes to school their so she should know ............ just saying
wondering

Hurricane, WV

#7 Jan 7, 2013
mother wrote:
My daughter told me the other day that herpes is going around at Wayne High School. And that there was talk about shutting the school down. I also heard that they are alot more cases then they are saying. My daughter goes to school their so she should know .......... just saying
Not sure why they would shut the school down,it's from sexual contact,you can't get it any other way.It's not airborne,can't get it from the toilet.
oh no

Hurricane, WV

#8 Jan 7, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure why they would shut the school down,it's from sexual contact,you can't get it any other way.It's not airborne,can't get it from the toilet.
that's why was wondering if it was herpes or maybe something like the flu. i realize there are more than one strain of herpes but i hardly see them needing to sanitize the whole school for a planters wart outbreak in the weight room.
KACIE MELBAR

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2013
I go to wayne high they arent shutting it down nor cleaning it. I know who has it and its not like you cant get it from touching something they touched. It has to be sexual contact or using their tongue ring or belky button ring something like that. You cannot catch it from toilets or door knobs..
Black is Back

Beckley, WV

#10 Jan 9, 2013
LOL most ppl have the herpies virus already,the sores on your lip is a form of herpies and yes u can pass it on to another person if u have drainage or blood contact with the person that has it .Also you can give it to a person through oral sex if they have a open sore on their lip or private area.Dont drink after someone who has an open area on their mouth.Herpies can be dormate for years before an out break.They are not going to shut the school down because of it.U might be suprised at the ppl fixing your food at the fast food joints who have it.
Hum

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Jan 9, 2013
Not all herpes occur due to sexual contact.
correction

Ashland, KY

#12 Jan 9, 2013
KACIE MELBAR wrote:
I go to wayne high they arent shutting it down nor cleaning it. I know who has it and its not like you cant get it from touching something they touched. It has to be sexual contact or using their tongue ring or belky button ring something like that. You cannot catch it from toilets or door knobs..
..........given a number of variables, you CAN most certainly catch it from doorknobs. The virus will live for differing amounts of times in reaction to temperature, humidity and etc! In a warm humid place it can live up to 48 hrs on a toilet seat and 72 hrs on a damp towel. AVOID hottubs like the plague. To hell withthis political correctness.
Chico

Beckley, WV

#13 Jan 10, 2013
Hum wrote:
Not all herpes occur due to sexual contact.
True ,but u can't tell some ppl that they believe what they want.
wondering

Hurricane, WV

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Chico wrote:
<quoted text>
True ,but u can't tell some ppl that they believe what they want.
That is the only way you can get genital herpes.
Hum

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Jan 12, 2013
No one has said it is genital herpes. There are different types of herpes.
wondering

Hurricane, WV

#16 Jan 13, 2013
Hum wrote:
No one has said it is genital herpes. There are different types of herpes.
True,cold sore on your mouth is herpes,shingles is herpes,even chicken pox is a type of herpes,so which one is going around?
teachers said

White Lake, MI

#17 Jan 13, 2013
They can shut a school down because herpes why would they make 500+ kids go to different schools when they can jus tell the kids that have it to go get treated. You can't get rid of herpes anyway so why shut a school down. That is crazy.I do know the nurses do lots talking up there about kids and their issues as I have heard them discuss personal issues in front other kids and other staff.they let a boy with mersa stay at school last year even though its contagious and they made a open discussion in front of everyone about it in their office. How embarrassed these kids must feel,an Mr. dunfee supposed told who had herpes it was told to the class that a blankenship boy not going say his first name but made a sex tape with his girl an gave her herpes at that time,who has the right to tell a student body those personal things about these kids that's so breaking their rights. Even tho they have a a std no staff should tell any kid who an what they have.
A concerned parent

Hurricane, WV

#18 Jan 13, 2013
I heard a kid named payton Thompson gave it to his girlfriend 14 year old!!!! Girlfriend and him being 19. Wtf?
wow

Huntington, WV

#19 Jan 13, 2013
A concerned parent wrote:
I heard a kid named payton Thompson gave it to his girlfriend 14 year old!!!! Girlfriend and him being 19. Wtf?
You are a "parent" and you would put this boy's name on here for that? He may be 19 but he is still a kid. We don't know anything about this kid and for you to even know if he has given them to her or even having sex.
1 post removed
Fact

Hurricane, WV

#21 Jan 14, 2013
What are the symptoms of genital herpes?

Most individuals infected with HSV-1 or HSV-2 experience either no symptoms or have very mild symptoms that go unnoticed or are mistaken for another skin condition. Because of this, most people infected with HSV-2 are not aware of their infection. When symptoms do occur, they typically appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals, rectum or mouth. The blisters break and leave painful sores that may take two to four weeks to heal. Experiencing these symptoms is sometimes referred to as having an “outbreak.” The first time someone has an outbreak they may also experience flu-like symptoms such as fever, body aches and swollen glands.

Repeat outbreaks of genital herpes are common, in particular during the first year of infection. Symptoms of repeat outbreaks are typically shorter in duration and less severe than the first outbreak of genital herpes. Although the infection can stay in the body indefinitely, the number of outbreaks tends to decrease over a period of years.

How do people get genital herpes?

People get herpes by having sex with someone who has the disease.“Having sex” means anal, vaginal, or oral sex. HSV-1 and HSV-2 can be found in and released from the sores that the viruses cause. The viruses can also be released from skin that does not appear to have a sore. Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection. Transmission can occur from an infected partner who does not have a visible sore and may not know that he or she is infected.

HSV-1 can cause sores in the genital area and infections of the mouth and lips, so-called “fever blisters.” HSV-1 infection of the genitals is caused by mouth to genital or genital to genital contact with a person who has HSV-1 infection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 1 hr Weepy 778
Verna Bowen Vaughn 5 hr just a Canadian 10
Anthony melbar 18 hr Kenny 6
walmart 18 hr Uh-oh 23
Shoplifting Walmart 20 hr Doug Griffin 2
Tolsia's new baseball field Wed Waynecountyguy 4
Wayne giovannis Tue Concerned customer 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wayne Mortgages