susie perry

Huntington, WV

#1 Sep 30, 2012
Anyone know why the Wayne EMS wouldn't transport the injured Mingo Central Player Friday night? I heard he had a broken back and they wouldn't take him to the hospital.
Sam

Lubbock, TX

#2 Sep 30, 2012
No idea. Even a BLS crew should have been able to load him. Did another truck show up? They have called for a medic to treat him before he was moved.
sally sue

Huntington, WV

#3 Sep 30, 2012
Why have an ambulance there if they aren't going to treat someone and transport them when needed. Sounds like they want a free ticket to the game. All I ever see them do is sit by the ambulance, eat and watch the game. Also, they leave their mess on the field for someone else to clean up. The administration needs to call another service, one who will take injured players to the hospital.
I'm sure this left a bad image on Wayne from the Mingo Central fans.

Since: Sep 12

Lerona, WV

#4 Sep 30, 2012
If they r not going to transport why be at the game I have heard from another ambulance service does a lot of Wayne calls that Wayne will not answer maybe Wayne was busy at wendy's or McDonald's
Concerned

Springfield, NJ

#5 Oct 2, 2012
For all you Joe Brumfield haters, hes the only reason Wayne EMS transported that poor boy!! They should be ashamed of themselves!!!!! Exactly right about a free meal and admission!! Good grief they miss part the game! If it was a Wayne boy they would've had that kid on the ambulance no question!! Appalling and shameful to have them representing our community!!
its time!!!!

Wexford, PA

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Maybe this will open some eyes as to how important a COUNTY WIDE EMS system really is for Wayne county! Not just parts of the county but the WHOLE county!! If it was not run by individual agencies then there would not be these problems.
TRUTH

Bluefield, WV

#7 Oct 3, 2012
IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFO WAYNE DID TRANSPORT THAT KID FROM MINGO CENTRAL ! NO BROKEN BACK HE was WALKING and if you all know anything about it then you would know that ambulance cant leave after the ball is kicked or the game is to stop .And mingo trainer dragged him off the field unstead of telling them he need to be took off at that time the ambulance at the game is to get them ready to be transported by another ambulance regardless of who the other ambulance is !
not the truth

Pikeville, KY

#8 Oct 3, 2012
he does have a broken back and is out for the season. please show me this law
PLEASE

Huntington, WV

#9 Oct 3, 2012
Are you saying the game was more important than the childs well being?
IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFO WAYNE DID TRANSPORT THAT KID FROM MINGO CENTRAL ! NO BROKEN BACK HE was WALKING and if you all know anything about it then you would know that ambulance cant leave after the ball is kicked or the game is to stop .And mingo trainer dragged him off the field unstead of telling them he need to be took off at that time the ambulance at the game is to get them ready to be transported by another ambulance regardless of who the other ambulance is
whoa!!!

Springfield, NJ

#10 Oct 3, 2012
If my kid has a broken back the game better stop to transport the kid to the hospital!!!! Geeeez where our the priorities of these people?!!!
whoa!!!

Springfield, NJ

#11 Oct 3, 2012
[QUOTE who="whoa!!!"]If my kid has a broken back the game better stop to transport the kid to the hospital!!!! Geeeez where our the priorities of these people?!!![/QUOTE]

*are
Wayner

Saint Albans, WV

#12 Oct 3, 2012
Wayne wanted to take him but I was told they told the MC coaches and that the coaches hauled him off the field therefore Wayne could not due to liability
2 posts removed
Jeez

Huntington, WV

#15 Oct 4, 2012
The MC training staff and coaches came out onto the field, evaluated the player, and since he had no numbness/weakness/tingling they took him off the field. Evidently they determined on the sidelines that the pain he was more than one should have with a pulled muscle for instance, so they decided to take him to the hospital. I have no idea what the laws are in this matter pertaining to the EMS, but they had every right to want him transported. The liability argument is bunk. I'm not saying EMS was wrong, but for instance, what if you're in a car wwreck, hurt your back, and someone helps you out of the car? Can they refuse to treat you? No.
What a joke

Ardsley, NY

#16 Oct 4, 2012
Its pretty bad when the child's dad is crying because Wayne refused to transport him. What's wrong with this huge picture people!!! No excuses!!!!!!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!
Wayner

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Oct 5, 2012
What a joke wrote:
Its pretty bad when the child's dad is crying because Wayne refused to transport him. What's wrong with this huge picture people!!! No excuses!!!!!!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!
Whats wrong is the MC coaches shouldnt have drug him off the field and let EMS do their jobs!! I just hope the boy is ok and they didnt do any further damage!
the truth

Ransom, KY

#18 Oct 5, 2012
to wayner u heard wrong he was hit the third play of the game and hurt his back he had no numbness and could feel his legs and arms was just in some it was tought to be a stinger well ems never came onto the field and the player wanted to come off the field and tought he could but after getting up and started towards the sideline he could walk off he didnt want to lay back down and he asked if they would carry him to the bench ems still hasnt showed he was in great pain and wanted to go to er so his dad had to walk to the paramedic and ask for him to be tranported he was told no that ambulance didnt leave that game and if he wanted his kid to go he could call another ambulance or take him by his own personal vechical never asked to what extent he was hurt.the parents tried to load he im there truck but the child was unable to sit but could lay flat at this time the pricipal and assiant principal came to the truck and called a amblance for him and apoloiged for the inconvience anpther ambulace came but cars and trucked had to be moved for it to reach him he was loaded up and took to cabell hungington and his back was broke but he can still walk and is out for the season the pricipal of wayne did come to the hospital and see the paper work and see the injuried miner thats the truth
Josh

Medina, OH

#19 Oct 6, 2012
Sam wrote:
No idea. Even a BLS crew should have been able to load him. Did another truck show up? They have called for a medic to treat him before he was moved.
That's not true a broke back would be BLS and they can meet ALS enroute

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tammy Pelfrey 25 min Put an end to it now 3
Who knows about Bonnie Pelfrey? 1 hr Put an end to it now 1
Ronnie Frye back in town slinging for Jr Ramey 7 hr Wayne 55
meadow links (Jan '15) 10 hr Betty 17
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri -meabadboy- 2,833
Movies Fri Mr right 2
Wal-Mart in wayne Fri herewego 75

Wayne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance