The people of Buffalo/Spring Valley a...

The people of Buffalo/Spring Valley area.........

Posted in the Wayne Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Wayne County.... West Virginia

#1 Sep 3, 2009
We need to start our own Forum... Seems like since noone from this area is considered a "wayner" or from "OW" it's a whole different civilization lmaooooooooo
CKgirl

Wexford, PA

#2 Sep 3, 2009
howdyhoe_ neighbor wrote:
We need to start our own Forum... Seems like since noone from this area is considered a "wayner" or from "OW" it's a whole different civilization lmaooooooooo
Can we CK people be a part of your forum too? We aren't considered OW either. I like your thinking!
In Town

Youngstown, OH

#3 Sep 3, 2009
Being part of a positive forum would be good. But you are right alot of the things discussed on topix is gossip from OW. So unless we from the Spring Valley, Buffalo, Ck, Vinson area have positive things to say about the county we live in, lets keep the gossip to ourselves. Instead lets get on this websight to spread some good news for once! Like the new Facility Building for ALL SPORTS at SVHS, it is awesome and keeps the football team from crossing the road to the Votec. THANKS WAYNE COUNTY!
Leah

United States

#4 Sep 4, 2009
This is a GREAT idea!!!!!

I also hope we can keep it positive.

Or at the very least if there are complaints posted, people won't be rude, crude or obnoxious about it and will give real, sincere helpful suggested solutions!

Buffalo, CK and Vinson have come together to make a great school, we can also do this with Topix.

Go Wolves!!
CKgal

Wexford, PA

#5 Sep 4, 2009
Leah wrote:
This is a GREAT idea!!!!!
I also hope we can keep it positive.
Or at the very least if there are complaints posted, people won't be rude, crude or obnoxious about it and will give real, sincere helpful suggested solutions!
Buffalo, CK and Vinson have come together to make a great school, we can also do this with Topix.
Go Wolves!!
Agreed, Leah!
I am always proud to say I am from Wayne County...IMO one of the most beautiful parts of the most beautiful state in America. My commute from work to home takes me out route 52 and the foilage out that way is especially beautiful in the fall. The young people that I interact with in my profession, who are from Wayne County, are always the best and make me so proud of my home county. There is a spirit about us that cannot be denied.
BIson

Youngstown, OH

#6 Sep 5, 2009
Buffalo Ck and Vison have came togeher to form one school and I am very proud that my children came from Buffalo Elementary Buffalo Middle school and on to SVHS. I live in the Buffalo Spring Valley area and it is a very close community full of fine people who would be there for his fellow neighobors or his extended neighbors in the CK Vinson area! Go Wolves! Instead of complaining about the negitive things about school or community, lets hear some positive things about The people from Bufflo, Spring Valley CK Vinson areas.
John

Chestnut Hill, MA

#7 Sep 7, 2009
I graduated from BHS in 64 and was saddened ans supprised to see the old school gone but when I went to look at SVHS I thougt at first that it was to be a ware house school but I watched it through the years ( From afar ) and was happy to see that they really had brought up the best of all the schools involved. I think it would have been nice if they had kept the pictures of all the Graduation classes of Vinson, CK and Buffalo and hung them for all to see but while i was back i was told that these historic pictures were thrown away. one teacher at SVHS said that she had found her class in the trash and was able to save it but had no idea what happened to the rest. If anyone knows I would like to find out.

But YES lets support a good clean informitive forum on this page. John Curry class of 64 BHS
we need ideas

United States

#8 Sep 7, 2009
I also went to buffalo high and drive past it every day. I'm saddened to see that despite the fact they have multiple things being done in and around the building, noone takes the time to keep the grass cut and the building maintained out front.
I know a friend that actually took her mowers while her and her husband took their time to fix this problem during the spring. We either need to bring this up to whoever, or maybe get parents/community members etc to volunteer to maybe take turns. It looks really bad and is a hazzard with snakes, ticks, etc...
any idea
concerned

Youngstown, OH

#9 Sep 7, 2009
any1 know how bad Robbie May's knee is?
somefan

Wexford, PA

#10 Sep 7, 2009
I was told robbie is having MRI on Tuesday. Dr. said he did not think it was serious but he may miss 2 games. In my opinion SVHS need him every week!! He is a great asset to the team. Hopefully after the test he will get to come back sooner!! That was the latest that I heard.

Since: Aug 09

Wayne County.... West Virginia

#11 Sep 8, 2009
see... just from the communication, this is a very different community than the wayne version... i would like to start an area forum for us in "this" area of wayne county... but so far i have had no luck in figuring out where to go or even how to go about starting one.. if anyone has any ideas, just let me know.. and btw.. i also graduated from buffalo in '92 and am dating a vison graduate. so see, stranger things can happen lol..my kids goto buffalo and spring valley..
any news

Wexford, PA

#12 Sep 8, 2009
Any news on Robbie May?
John

Chestnut Hill, MA

#13 Sep 9, 2009
there is a web page for buffalo alumni i will ry to find the link for you i have it on my face book
John

Chestnut Hill, MA

#14 Sep 9, 2009
An Old Bison

Webster Springs, WV

#15 Sep 9, 2009
This would be nice to be able to keep nice topics like this. I graduated in "76. Has the old school been torn down? I haven't even driven out that way in years. I live at Wayne. I thought they had the senior citizens club there. My kids graduated from Wayne. Thanks for the website! I'm going to go check it out.
CKHS1968

Wexford, PA

#16 Sep 9, 2009
Love these posts...please keep them coming. I am a teacher(and proud of it)and I taught at CKHS, BHS and Vinson High in the days before consolidation. The best students(and people)come from Wayne county!
Check out www.c-klife.net .
bison

Youngstown, OH

#17 Sep 9, 2009
grad from BHS, proud to be from the community and very happy to see the old building being used for positive things. Its great to see the old school still standing and remember the memories that were made there. From the outside I can look at the windows and remember which class is was or who taught in the class. My son graduated from SVHS and he will as well have many memories made there. Hey did you know Mr. Brown is still teaching at BMS? I stopped by one day, it was so good to see him there along with his co workers that I went to BHS with. Proud to be a Bison
CKHS1968

Wexford, PA

#18 Sep 9, 2009
bison wrote:
grad from BHS, proud to be from the community and very happy to see the old building being used for positive things. Its great to see the old school still standing and remember the memories that were made there. From the outside I can look at the windows and remember which class is was or who taught in the class. My son graduated from SVHS and he will as well have many memories made there. Hey did you know Mr. Brown is still teaching at BMS? I stopped by one day, it was so good to see him there along with his co workers that I went to BHS with. Proud to be a Bison
You should be proud! The people of the Buffalo community have done a wonderful job in transforming the former HS into a facility that truly serves the community. I taught one year at BHS...many years ago...and truly enjoyed the experience because of wonderful students I had. I taught with Mary Sue Hamilton, Phil Davis, Philip Alexander, Judy Back, Vicki Smith, Connie McCagg...anyone remember those teachers?
John

Chestnut Hill, MA

#19 Sep 10, 2009
Phil Davis was in class of 64 Connie McCsgg was behind me cant remember what class only a couple i was in 64 was vicky smith maiden name Riggs her brother ronny was principle there later after i left
CKHS1968

Wexford, PA

#20 Sep 10, 2009
The Vicki Smith I taught with was formerly Vicki Shy, Joe Shy's daughter. Her brothers were Joe and Steve and her uncle was Deb who I think was your age. I know Ronnie's sister Vickie; she was married to Toby Dawson from CK. Ronnie and I did our student teaching together at Vinson High. He was a great teacher and principal but left education for a well-paying job at Ashland Oil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Queen And Fry 26 min Henry 17
Lavalette McDonald's 3 hr The Idiot Melonie... 5
Billyy G Ramey 3 hr Tommy 2
Ann & John Haynes 3 hr Bob 2
Wayne Restaurant 3 hr TrentLeyba 7
Wyatt 11 hr We know 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 13 hr Missy 4,200

Wayne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance